Help! Questions about being empathic....

lark

It can be uncomfortable, but I don't really want it to go away.
For me it is like a red light...you stop and your senses are heightened...as the years go on I am getting more and more detail about what the event is going to be.
I see it as part of my training.
I don't feel I am doing anything wrong...it feels like a gift of spirit...and I am not going to close down any opening at this point in my journey.
Knowing how to close and open is important, and can make you feel more comfortable, so you can practice that.
We are all trained in different ways and with different traditions...what might work for one might not work or another.
So do what is comfortable and feels right for you.

mingbop

YYY Lark, I'd be lost if this went away.
And the first thing you do with a new thing, toy/washing machine/car alarm lol - is find the OFF switch. Learn how to turn it off and on ! :)

lark

And the first thing you do with a new thing, toy/washing machine/car alarm lol - is find the OFF switch. Learn how to turn it off and on ! :)
I agree, ming just not with the part that we are doing something wrong if you feel these things.
Closing down is very easy and a good practice if the things you are seeing and feeling bother you.
We sure don't have to make our minds and bodies martyrs to the experience.

celticnoodle

It can be uncomfortable, but I don't really want it to go away.
For me it is like a red light...you stop and your senses are heightened...as the years go on I am getting more and more detail about what the event is going to be.
I see it as part of my training.

Yes! well put too. Its on the 'job' training. :D
I don't feel I am doing anything wrong...it feels like a gift of spirit...and I am not going to close down any opening at this point in my journey.
Knowing how to close and open is important, and can make you feel more comfortable, so you can practice that.
We are all trained in different ways and with different traditions...what might work for one might not work or another.
So do what is comfortable and feels right for you.
exactly. And, don't feel it is wrong to set up your own 'rules'. I have rules about it, that I developed as I've gone on using and sharing my empathic and psychic-medium abilities. You are allowed to do this. As Lark mentioned below, you do not have to be a martyr to it.

yes, me too, mingy. Its a big part of whom I am! I love this side of me too and I enjoy sharing it.

I agree, ming just not with the part that we are doing something wrong if you feel these things.
Closing down is very easy and a good practice if the things you are seeing and feeling bother you.
We sure don't have to make our minds and bodies martyrs to the experience.
Closing down is very easy and is also mandatory if you develop your empathic side. When you are an emapth, you come to realize that the most important part of this gift is to also take special care of yourself first and foremost. Its a wonderful gift to have and to share with others--needed and helpful. But, not at the expense of your own good health and well being. So, do learn different ways of opening and closing yourself and find one that works for you.

SunsetKay

Thank you, RiverRunsDeep for making this post, it helps so much to know that this happens to other people. And thanks to everyone who commented with suggestions for dealing with it. :) This forum rocks!