Spiritual sign anyone with some insight?

starchaser1277

I perform a ritual every full moon night. I write down the desires that I wish for the universe to grant me on a small piece of paper. I then carve the desire on a candle, and anoint it with essential oil of my choosing. Each time I ask for the spirit to grant me the same desires-
1. The means to continue to provide for my family and save for the future.
2. Good health and a strong body and mind.
3. Protection from negative energies and entities.
4. A true loving, meaningful relationship.
I light the candles clockwise.

I say my desire outload and then one by one light the desire on fire with its coordinating candle and let each wish burn up to the universe. I keep the candles lit until they burn themselves out.

This full moon something was different. I preformed my ritual as usual. Now before I went to bed my candles were still lit, all of the wax had melted and only just the wick was burning. I laid in bed and asked the spirit for a sign that my prayers had been heard and would be answered. I then went to sleep.

I woke up the next morning and the candles were still lit, burning by only just the wick. They stayed lit for another full hour. The candles burned out one by one in the exact opposite order in which I lit them (counter clockwise) each exactly a minute apart.

I can't help but feel this is a sign. They burned by only just the wick. I have been doing this for many years and in the past when my candles had melted and burned to this point they quickly burn out. It was a full 9 hours burning by ONLY the wick.

I also can't help but feel the order by which each candle burned out is significant as well.

I gathered the wax and the ashes from my ritual and buried them in a new potted plant that I decided to buy that morning. To keep as a reminder to not lose faith in my spirit.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Milfoil

It certainly sounds way too interesting to be mere coincidence or oversight. If you asked for a sign and sense that you have received one then it looks like you have.

The candles going out counter clockwise would, for me, be a neat way of showing a kind of count-down. Only you would know if there is a significance to the number of minutes or the number of candles etc. Mind you, if you always use the same number of candles, then that may or may not be significant.

Very interesting though, thanks for sharing.

starchaser1277

It certainly sounds way too interesting to be mere coincidence or oversight. If you asked for a sign and sense that you have received one then it looks like you have.

The candles going out counter clockwise would, for me, be a neat way of showing a kind of count-down. Only you would know if there is a significance to the number of minutes or the number of candles etc. Mind you, if you always use the same number of candles, then that may or may not be significant.

Very interesting though, thanks for sharing.

I always use 4 candles, one for each blessing i desire. I did take note of the time in which each had burned out. I do believe it to be a sign, I have been performing this ritual for a very long time and have never had a wick stay lit for such a duration. Usually they burn out quite quickly once the wax has completely melted.
Thank you for your reply.
Blessings

Aunty Anthea

I perform a ritual every full moon night. I write down the desires that I wish for the universe to grant me on a small piece of paper. I then carve the desire on a candle, and anoint it with essential oil of my choosing. Each time I ask for the spirit to grant me the same desires-
1. The means to continue to provide for my family and save for the future.
2. Good health and a strong body and mind.
3. Protection from negative energies and entities.
4. A true loving, meaningful relationship.
I light the candles clockwise.

I say my desire outload and then one by one light the desire on fire with its coordinating candle and let each wish burn up to the universe. I keep the candles lit until they burn themselves out.

This full moon something was different. I preformed my ritual as usual. Now before I went to bed my candles were still lit, all of the wax had melted and only just the wick was burning. I laid in bed and asked the spirit for a sign that my prayers had been heard and would be answered. I then went to sleep.

I woke up the next morning and the candles were still lit, burning by only just the wick. They stayed lit for another full hour. The candles burned out one by one in the exact opposite order in which I lit them (counter clockwise) each exactly a minute apart.

I can't help but feel this is a sign. They burned by only just the wick. I have been doing this for many years and in the past when my candles had melted and burned to this point they quickly burn out. It was a full 9 hours burning by ONLY the wick.

I also can't help but feel the order by which each candle burned out is significant as well.

I gathered the wax and the ashes from my ritual and buried them in a new potted plant that I decided to buy that morning. To keep as a reminder to not lose faith in my spirit.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

SORRY but you will probably HATE what I am about to write:

I have never written any ritual, chant, spell etc asking for something for myself (other than ones asking for protection) I was bought up to believe it was wrong to use such powers for the benefit of oneself.

For me spells are what you caste to bring health, happiness and well being etc to others. What you give with love you often so receive :love:

You are using candle magick, one of the oldest and most powerful forms of magick.

I would advise you to use either a wishing candle or use your candles for an hour each night. This way you are always aware of the candles the entire time they are burning.

Remember to always add the phrase 'Save that it hurt none' to the ending of your rituals.

Blessings

Disa

Given what you've written, I would definitely take this as a sign. The events differed from the norm, YOU felt it was a sign. It's a sign. What it is a sign of is all up to your interpretation :)

Though I have had a tiny chime candle burn almost an hour by just the wick, I have never had a candle burn 9 hours by just the wick... just sayin.

Milfoil

I have never written any ritual, chant, spell etc asking for something for myself (other than ones asking for protection) I was bought up to believe it was wrong to use such powers for the benefit of oneself.

For me spells are what you caste to bring health, happiness and well being etc to others. What you give with love you often so receive :love:

You are using candle magick, one of the oldest and most powerful forms of magick.

I would advise you to use either a wishing candle or use your candles for an hour each night. This way you are always aware of the candles the entire time they are burning.

Remember to always add the phrase 'Save that it hurt none' to the ending of your rituals.

Blessings

Not hate, never hate - simply a different viewpoint. :)

There are WAY older forms of magic than candles (only around 5000 years since their invention). In fact, candle magic would be considered a relative newcomer but it's all good and will depend on one's traditions and beliefs.

Not everyone follows the Wiccan Rede. Lets say a healing is performed for someone with an infection. It can't be done without harming the bacteria causing the infection. The 'harm none' bit is only relative to the intention.

There are always causes and consequences so yes, in that way we do need to take responsibility for our actions and asking for things for ourselves we need to be mindful of that (how will what we ask for change things, who would it be taking it away from?) but not everyone believes in caveats of 'do this and don't do that'. We were given free will for good reason.

As I say, just a different viewpoint, that's all. :)

starchaser1277

Blessings
I appreciate and welcome your beliefs and practices. My ritual is more of a sending my intentions into the universe. Much like using the law of attraction. I ask my spirit to bless me with my desires, unselfish desires. Much like one may do when they get on their knees and pray to their governing guiding spirit.

I use the candles, because I am drawn to do so. I write my intentions and set them a flame, because I am drawn to do so. And I do this on the full moon because I am drawn to the energy and awe of it. I do not consider what I am doing spell work, however I feel that I am tapping into the spirit and requesting that my desires be fulfilled.

I welcome your perspective, and suggestions, however I feel that I will continue to practice my ritual how my spirit draws me to do.

Blessings, and thank you for responding ;)

starchaser1277

Given what you've written, I would definitely take this as a sign. The events differed from the norm, YOU felt it was a sign. It's a sign. What it is a sign of is all up to your interpretation :)

Though I have had a tiny chime candle burn almost an hour by just the wick, I have never had a candle burn 9 hours by just the wick... just sayin.

Yes I felt it to be a sign to me. Since this occurance I have noticed many wonderful signs from my spirit, I only needed to open my eyes and ask for them. Just yesterday again I received a very warming wonderful sign.

I have experienced several losses this year, and quite a few struggles. On Thursday a man with whom I felt so strongly was my soul mate again broke my heart (this this was one of many times) I felt when we reunited that spirit had pulled us back together. And when he left again it caused me to question a lot of my faith, and caused me to question whether my guides had left my side. I through a rotten temper tantrum in my journal expressing all of my hurt and disappointments before I finally cried myself to sleep.

The next morning I let my dog outside, using my back porch door, fastening him to his lead in the back lawn. I returned to my porch and looked down by the doorway and noticed a large (the size of my palm) heart shaped (human heart shaped) pink and white stone. My friend with whom I showed it swears that it is natural pink quartz, but it not found in my state naturally.

Another sign from my guides, yes I believe so because it was just too perfect to be anything of just pure coincidence.

Thank you for replying.
Blessings

Luna's Crone

WoW

if that wasn't some kinda sign then I don't know what is. just remember to use common sense on the relationship one if all of a sudden that person suddenly shows up in your life.

good luck with all sorts of blessings!!!!!!

i am not a ritural person, i could never be a true pagan or wiccan. too darn lazy.

but i do need a simple ritual just to help maintain some sort of constistancy in my life. it seems to have helped you over time. its comfortable and something to look forward to.

Thank you for posting this thread, I think it as just given me some insight.