Thymus Chakra

kerri28

Hi there, was wondering if anyone knows anything about the "new" thymus chakra.

I was "given" mine whilst in a meditation. I visualised it as a aqua spere of light and it was placed in my chest above my heart chakra and below my throat chakra.

My meditation group leader explained that it was the "new" thymus chakra that some of us were experiencing. Apprently most children born these days have this chakra already.

Was wondering what everyones exeperience and or opinions were on the topic.

Love and Light
Kerrie

*not sure if i'm allowed to discuss this topic in the Divination thread, but did notice other threads on chakras????

Simone

Hi, kerri28,

I'm not sure if I've heard about this "new" chakra, but recently, a couple of friends have told me about a book that talks about 13 chakras. They will lend the book out to me and I might be able to post about this soon.

Love
Simone

Imagemaker

There are actually thousands of chakras in the body. Most people just discuss the 7 main ones. Here's a brief bit about the palm and thymus chakras:

Palm Chakras
The chakras in the palms of the hands are often relegated to minor status. These chakras transmit healing energy and receive energetic information from the universe. The palm chakras are used to channel healing energies to yourself and others and to receive impressions of the energy of a room, person, situation, etc.

Activation and awareness of These chakras makes a major difference in the quality of life. They can often be opened by intention. Practice in becoming aware of the energy of the palm chakras is a good place to start if you are at all interested in energy work and spiritual healing. or in any of the psychic arts.
healing chakras may also activate in the fingertips and elsewhere in the body.

Transpersonal chakras
The most important of the emerging transpersonal chakras are the thymus or etheric heart in the upper chest which governs compassion and inner peace and the connection to world soul.

Thymus Chakra.
Color - Turquoise.
Number 8.
Gem stones - Turquoise, crysophase.
Element - Water energy.
Physical - Thymus.
Balanced Energy - Well adjusted, capable of interacting socially.
Excessive Energy - Destructive , impure thoughts.
Deficient Energy - Negative thoughts, unable to move through own boundaries
and limitations.
Use Turquoise for cleansing, purifying and balancing.

kerri28

Thanks Imagemaker,

I am aware of 33chakras plus the palm and sole of feet ones. I use the palm ones when doing healing work.

Didn't know that there were thousands though! Mindbogling.

Thanks for the info the thymus chakra, very interesting.

Imagemaker

Didn't know that there were thousands though!

Well, they get smaller and smaller--the same locations have been mapped as neuron clusters on the nervous system by Western medicine.

Nevada

This is fascinating. I heard and read a few years ago that Western medicine is now saying we have more than one "brain", including a cluster of nerves in our heart and another in our "gut", so I suppose those are two of the 7 main chakras I knew about already.

Thousands? Are these also the same centers used in accupuncture and/or accupressure, I wonder?

Nevada

Simone

Nevada said:
Thousands? Are these also the same centers used in accupuncture and/or accupressure, I wonder?

Wow, interesting! This would explain some things I have exprienced recently! This is now really getting fascinating.

Thanks for this thread, kerri28!

Love
Simone

bec

I am puzzled and intriqued - and not even sure I can stay on topic.
But.

I think this thymus chakra is HIGHly important to get in touch with, cleans when doing chakra healings and align when doing chakra allignments.

I my work I have 2 general experiences with the thymus area.

1) when doing reiki on chakra healing, I most often end up inbetween heart and throat, cause that is where the blockage seems to be. And whether it is crown or root being drained by this - this area will do the trick.

2) in my work as a reflexologist ( reflex zone treat on feet for those who dont know) - I am experiencing that anything from a cold to a survere whip-lash needs tension on the thymus zone.

In the western world they dont know squat of the thymus after we leave our teen-years. They know it is a organ for growth, nerves system, sexual hormones - in general this is the major system for making us grow both physically and mentally. It fills almost the entire chest area when we are kids, and after puberty it disappears - almost - into the size of a pea.

And I wonder - if we dont need it or use it for something - then why does it not disappear completely?

Our tale is gone, our wisdom teeths are on the leave - whenever body dont need something it disappears - based on that fact alone, I believe thymus has a major impact / purpose we dont get.

What I do know is - that we dont need t know why it is working before using its magick and healing powers, cause they are great!! with or without further understanding of why.

(hope I sticked to topic, was rather pleased to see other had thoughts of the thymus)

Imagemaker

I had a nurse tell me to thump my thymus (at the breastbone, which is kind of parallel to the heart, isn't it?) to boost my immune system. So I tap (light, regular taps) whenever I feel below par.

I also find myself holding a hot cup of tea against my chest there to warm myself in the morning--it's a comforting feeling.

zorya

this thread will be moved to the spirituality forum in 24 hours.

chakra threads that are specifically about divining health, may remain in the divination forum. other chakra topics belong in the spirituality board.

thank you,
zorya