The Lazarus Club

Mycroft

If you've been dead, are presently dead or even if you're just feeling a little unwell, there's a great way to share your experiences of the after-life with,

The Lazarus Club

and your host

Mycroft of The Undead

the_ninth_gate.jpg

Due to the recent shocking revelations that have been made on the highly fascinating (and extremely well-written) thread 'DEATH! - Don't Let It Ruin Your Life' it has come to light that many AT members have had a peek 'Behind The Curtain'! What strange and wondrous things did they find there? What amazing insights did they bring back? Why are you still reading this when you should be posting about your NDE or 'Dream of Death'?

Any and all submissions welcome, and there will be an attractive membership badge available for all those who have 'Gone Beyond!!!!!'

celticnoodle

Haven't ever died, (that I recall), so no NDE's here, but I am fascinated with this thread and I will be checking back often to read of everyone's experiences!! Mycroft, you are the master for interesting threads and stories! I'm eagerly awaiting to hear of more tales from beyond the grave.......

Girl Archer

This thread intrigues me, and will hopefully keep my fever/pains at bay for as long as I am thinking about the stuff I read here, I won't focus on that :)

ETA: Never died or had an NDE (unless you count the half minute I was stuck in the elevator and thought I'd die).

Mycroft

I'll open the coffin lid first then, this is another one of the dreams that I had in hospital following my experience, but which as Starri Knytes pointed out elsewhere can be viewed as the soul remembering what happened during the NDE. Anyway, here's the dream;

I'm stood on the pavement in front of my house, it is night and everywhere is covered in snow and ice, yet I don't seem to be cold. There is a man standing in front of the large metal gates at the side of my house, he suddenly opens them and I think he must have the key. I decide to go and have a look, and as I walk round the side of the open gate I see the trees at the bottom are much larger and more imposing than I remember them, and they are stark and barren like in winter. I begin to see that there is some sort of glistening white smoke billowing out from behind the trees, enveloping them and rising and falling as it moves. The smoke then seems to form two sides, one to the left of the trees which has a light greenish tint and is rising, and one to the right of the trees which has a reddish tint and is falling. I seem to be aware that there is a presence near me which may be female although I can't see anybody nearby. I then get the mental impression that the scene is conveying the idea of happiness and sadness being two sides of the same coin, and that each has its place and its purpose. I then become aware that something is happening on the lawn in front of my house, so I walk out of the gates to take a look. At the front of the lawn is a small blue car which has become stuck in the snow, there appears to be a woman who is trying to get the car started and moving again, suddenly the headlights come on with a bright flash that startles me and I wake up.

The scene depicted in my dream is very close to the physical actuality of my house, the property at the side is a large unused yard owned by an energy company, and the metal gates are always locked. The trees at the bottom of the yard are smaller than they were in my dream, which actually happened during the springtime in May.

I'll let other members have a go at posting interpretations, impressions or synchronicities first and then offer my possible explanation for this dream.

earthair

lol I'm just feeling a little unwell after being laid up with flu last week. Luckily no NDE :)
It has just occurred to me that the 'great unwashed' thread over in the Thoth forum had just reached the point of discussing danger/fear and how initiatory ceremonies might evoke a rebirth after death experience...so do people who have had a NDE feel reborn? Or just very happy to be alive?

Padma

It strikes me that the smoke in your dream, Mycroft, being green on one side and rising, and red on the other and falling, may well have been indicating "go" (green) for life (rising) and "stop" (red) for death or danger of it happening (falling). The snow and the stuck vehicle may have been feeling frozen in time, possibly...?

My own NDE was very brutal. I was 17, and on the way home from work one night, very late. I worked at an amusement park. This one night, I took a different way to the bus station than usual - I normally rode the metro, but this time I took the bus to the depot. I did that so I could keep chatting with a friend of mine I worked with.

When I arrived at the depot, I got off the bus, and was immediately waylaid by a guy with a gun. He dragged me off and beat me badly, then raped me. He then decided to strangle me to death (despite having the gun) which may have been why I was able to be reanimated.

In any case, as he was strangling me, I began to slip off somewhere else. I found myself bobbing in an ocean. It was night, and the moon was a beautiful crescent in the sky, but very large, and very bright. It was so bright, I could barely stand to look at it.

The water was very warm in that ocean. I floated along, feeling more and more peaceful as time passed. I felt such a supreme feeling of love...I had never felt such love in my life. I felt utterly at home, and at peace. I wanted to stay there forever.

Then a woman's voice spoke to me, it seemed to come from the moon and the sky. She spoke so many loving words, and her voice was the ultimate in compassion. Then she told me I had to return. I was so sad, waves of sadness washed over me - I didn't want to go. I cried out, the moon became painfully bright - I could not look at it at all - then the sky was all terribly bright - and then I woke up.

Two emergency ambulance workers were yelling and fussing and pushing on my chest. There was an oxygen mask being placed on me and taken off me in turns. I began to freak out. My limbs were flailing and I was yelling. I remember being put in the ambulance, then I remember waking up in the hospital.

I asked if I could call my mother. I was groggy and mildly sedated. I thought for sure she would be so so angry at me, as I had missed the last bus home to the suburbs where we lived. My mother arrived at the hospital, took one look at me, and began to cry. I did not understand why she was crying so hard...she brought me to the bathroom, and I looked in the mirror. I had bruises in the shape of hand prints on my neck, and on my face, across my mouth (where he had placed his hand down hard while raping me). I had two black eyes. My nose was horribly swollen, and my lips were split.

I still don't know who found me, or called the ambulance, I guess that is that - it was years and years ago. I guess I am super lucky to have been found. The emergency workers told me they figured I had been dead for about 4 minutes, maybe more. They thought that I had passed out first, then died, which actually bought me some time. :)

I don't feel "born again" but I do feel lucky to have had a good measure of life, cause dying at 17 would just have been so tragic! Especially for my parents etc. less so for me, cause...once you are dead, well, you are busy elsewhere! But still, I am grateful to have lived, and had a son, and had a lot of animals,and have the love of a good man :) a full life, well lived.

They never caught him.

starchaser1277

I'll open the coffin lid first then, this is another one of the dreams that I had in hospital following my experience, but which as Starri Knytes pointed out elsewhere can be viewed as the soul remembering what happened during the NDE. Anyway, here's the dream;
So much spiritual symbolism with this dream, which is why I am wondering if because of your NDE you will begin an Ascension.
I'm stood on the pavement in front of my house, it is night and everywhere is covered in snow and ice, yet I don't seem to be cold. There is a man standing in front of the large metal gates at the side of my house, he suddenly opens them and I think he must have the key. I decide to go and have a look, and as I walk round the side of the open gate I see the trees at the bottom are much larger and more imposing than I remember them, and they are stark and barren like in winter.

Interesting with the gate, makes me feel like literally the flood gates have been opened, and you experienced the other side (though you may not remember it, you still experienced it) I believe trees to equal life force. Think of all a tree endures to simply just exist. Its life begins so small, so fragile, and somehow, somehow it burrows its roots deeply into the earth. Somehow it is able to endure the harshest conditions, droughts, floods, the fury of winter and its tenacious winds. Somehow it manages to grow stronger under these harsh conditions, and learns to endure. They are living reminders that only through our struggles can true strength be forged. ( I have a deep respect for the life force of trees)

But to me this goes deeper, I see this as a Spiritual message. Trees also have a strong spiritual association, think of the tree of life, the true of knowledge. But again I feel this may go a bit deeper. Think of a tree in the dead of Winter. Yes its body appears lifeless, energy-less. But that is only it's outer casing, it is still very much alive. I feel a spirit /body, death analogy with this one. Even though the outside (the body) may appear lifeless, the inside (the spirit) is still flowing. Sorry this one struck me kind of deep when I pondered it.
I begin to see that there is some sort of glistening white smoke billowing out from behind the trees, enveloping them and rising and falling as it moves. The smoke then seems to form two sides, one to the left of the trees which has a light greenish tint and is rising, and one to the right of the trees which has a reddish tint and is falling.
Ok this passage is also striking me deeply too. First we have smoke, smoke is fluent, what else is fluent? Our life force. This I see as a relation to you life force, or flow. Are you familiar with Reiki? There are 7 Chakras, the life force flows through these Chakras, when one is blocked, or underdeveloped problems emerge within the body relating to the associated Chakra. First GREEN- this is associated with your heart chakra, I find it interesting that you suffered a heart aliment. This energy may need to be adjusted. RED relates to the root chakra, I am wondering if you have joint problems, or are too grounded in your life? WHITE is associated with the crown chakra, the chakra associated with the source, or your higher self. I almost feel like this may be implying that these energies are wishing to fluently flow through you.
I seem to be aware that there is a presence near me which may be female although I can't see anybody nearby. I then get the mental impression that the scene is conveying the idea of happiness and sadness being two sides of the same coin, and that each has its place and its purpose. I then become aware that something is happening on the lawn in front of my house, so I walk out of the gates to take a look. At the front of the lawn is a small blue car which has become stuck in the snow, there appears to be a woman who is trying to get the car started and moving again, suddenly the headlights come on with a bright flash that startles me and I wake up.
So pardon my overly spiritual mumbo-jumbo for a few minutes...
I am firstly wondering if the female presence will be a guide to you. i am wondering if because of this NDE you will begin a spiritual ascension. If this is the case, yes, it would be both happy and sad. Happy to be connected to your higher self, sad because the ascension process forces one to face past karma, past emotions. You must embrace pain in order to release pain. I am wondering if you felt stuck previously, are feeling stuck, or will feel stuck as the car suggests. So maybe you have become stuck on your current path, and are unable to follow your true path? Suddenly the car starts, you now have the means to move yourself from this desolation. The headlights to me suggest to keep your eyes open, you will be shown the way. Watch for synchronicity and signs to appear from your guides.
The scene depicted in my dream is very close to the physical actuality of my house, the property at the side is a large unused yard owned by an energy company, and the metal gates are always locked. The trees at the bottom of the yard are smaller than they were in my dream, which actually happened during the springtime in May.

I'll let other members have a go at posting interpretations, impressions or synchronicities first and then offer my possible explanation for this dream.
My Ascension began from trauma, not a NDE. But like you I had very vivid, very symbolic dreams before the process kicked in to full gear.

I hope some of this resonated for you.
Jess

Mycroft

Oh Padma, thank you so much for posting this, it must have taken a great deal of courage to do so, and hopefully it may have been cathartic as well. My jaw actually dropped open when I was reading the story of how you came to have an NDE, and this is the second time it's happened recently as a female friend also confided details of horrific abuse she suffered at the hands of her brother when she was young.

I am grateful to have lived, and had a son, and had a lot of animals,and have the love of a good man a full life, well lived.
As you say at the end, we have to try and stay grateful for what we do have, even though that can be hard sometimes, but it does seem that help is always available, if you're prepared to ask for it.

The water was very warm in that ocean. I floated along, feeling more and more peaceful as time passed. I felt such a supreme feeling of love...I had never felt such love in my life. I felt utterly at home, and at peace. I wanted to stay there forever. Then a woman's voice spoke to me, it seemed to come from the moon and the sky. She spoke so many loving words, and her voice was the ultimate in compassion. Then she told me I had to return. I was so sad, waves of sadness washed over me - I didn't want to go. I cried out, the moon became painfully bright - I could not look at it at all - then the sky was all terribly bright - and then I woke up.
The part of your NDE that I find utterly fascinating is the woman speaking to you and saying you had to return. Is this The Goddess? Many schools of dream yoga teach that there is a presence behind the illusory nature of the dream itself, and when we hear these disembodied voices it is the dream source itself contacting us. I'm also intrigued by the notion that both you and I seem to have had a "Not your time yet" NDE. Does this mean that something went wrong with the great cosmic script, and we shouldn't have been taken beyond at that point, or are these extremely powerful experiences intended to push us into a different and very difficult path? I can't help but think of the biblical quote;
"For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and few there are who find it."

Thanks again for sharing this Padma, and much love to you :love:

Mycroft

So much spiritual symbolism with this dream, which is why I am wondering if because of your NDE you will begin an Ascension.
Very interesting you say that Jess (I'll explain why later) but what do you personally mean by 'Ascension'?

...makes me feel like literally the flood gates have been opened, and you experienced the other side...I believe trees to equal life force...living reminders that only through our struggles can true strength be forged. ( I have a deep respect for the life force of trees)
I definitely think you're onto something here regarding trees and higher forces, and perhaps the multi-dimensional aspects of reality that trees are somehow in tune with. There's an old Iroquois proverb which says "Trees are wiser than people." I have one very spooky and unsettling dream I haven't shared yet which also involves trees.

Even though the outside (the body) may appear lifeless, the inside (the spirit) is still flowing. Sorry this one struck me kind of deep when I pondered it.
I wonder if there is also an aspect of stripping away all the surface trappings and what is revealed is the stark and naked reality which is always present as well?

First GREEN- this is associated with your heart chakra, I find it interesting that you suffered a heart aliment. This energy may need to be adjusted. RED relates to the root chakra, I am wondering if you have joint problems, or are too grounded in your life? WHITE is associated with the crown chakra, the chakra associated with the source, or your higher self. I almost feel like this may be implying that these energies are wishing to fluently flow through you.
I'd previously thought of the red and green, up and down as being symbols of opposing polarities, like yin and yang, but you make a very good point that these could well relate to the chakras.

So pardon my overly spiritual mumbo-jumbo for a few minutes...
You're pardoned.

I am firstly wondering if the female presence will be a guide to you.
I've had three separate people tell me recently that a new guide is taking over my development, two of them were adamant that she's a woman who was in her 40s-50s when she passed.

I am wondering if because of this NDE you will begin a spiritual ascension. If this is the case, yes, it would be both happy and sad. Happy to be connected to your higher self, sad because the ascension process forces one to face past karma, past emotions. You must embrace pain in order to release pain.
Yes, I seem to keep getting this message one way or another, and as you rightly say, pain has to be embraced before it can be released.

I am wondering if you felt stuck previously, are feeling stuck, or will feel stuck as the car suggests. So maybe you have become stuck on your current path, and are unable to follow your true path? Suddenly the car starts, you now have the means to move yourself from this desolation. The headlights to me suggest to keep your eyes open, you will be shown the way. Watch for synchronicity and signs to appear from your guides.
I definitely felt that I had become stuck on my spiritual path prior to the NDE, perhaps lost as well in terms of what to do, and I had become someone who dabbled in all types of disciplines without really committing to any of them. The headlights may in this case be symbolic of a 'focused beam' of concentration, which to me suggested meditation, which I have begun to do again far more seriously than I was doing before.

My Ascension began from trauma, not a NDE. But like you I had very vivid, very symbolic dreams before the process kicked in to full gear.
Being a little coy for a New Yorker aren't we Jess? I'm sure everyone here would love to hear your experiences, and trauma is a form of NDE so 'The Lazarus Club' hand-book says (well, it will do when I've written it.)

I hope some of this resonated for you.
Jess
Here's one for you Jess. When I turned on my phone in the hospital, the first thing that came up was a message that had been sent earlier that day from a friend of mine. The message was "You'll never guess where I am?!?!" and underneath was a picture of herself on a street in New York waving wildly at the camera. Apparently her husband had surprised her with a romantic weekend break to NY. So, the first message I saw after the NDE was from a woman in NYC. When I re-started the 'Mycroft Project' on AT a few days ago, the first posting in response was from - a woman in NYC! (That's you by the way.)

So yeah, it RESONATES.

celticnoodle

(((Padma))) wow. what a frightful experience for you. I'm speechless, and found myself also crying at you NDE. I'm so grateful that you shared it with us too, and know it couldn't have been easy for you to do. I have no words. I have tried, but they just do not seem right, so I erased it. I'm just very glad that you were found and saved, and look at all you have offered to the world at large since your 17th year. Life itself for one with your son. Thank you again for sharing your NDE.

The part of your NDE that I find utterly fascinating is the woman speaking to you and saying you had to return. Is this The Goddess? Many schools of dream yoga teach that there is a presence behind the illusory nature of the dream itself, and when we hear these disembodied voices it is the dream source itself contacting us. I'm also intrigued by the notion that both you and I seem to have had a "Not your time yet" NDE. Does this mean that something went wrong with the great cosmic script, and we shouldn't have been taken beyond at that point, or are these extremely powerful experiences intended to push us into a different and very difficult path? I can't help but think of the biblical quote;
"For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and few there are who find it."

Thanks again for sharing this Padma, and much love to you :love:
interesting thought to ponder, Mycroft. I have read many accounts of peoples NDEs too, where they 'hear' that line, "not your time yet" and it does make me wonder too, if its because there is something that the person needs to accomplish on the earthly plane first--or what it is? This is something that would be quite interesting to pursue understanding it all.

I definitely felt that I had become stuck on my spiritual path prior to the NDE, perhaps lost as well in terms of what to do, and I had become someone who dabbled in all types of disciplines without really committing to any of them. The headlights may in this case be symbolic of a 'focused beam' of concentration, which to me suggested meditation, which I have begun to do again far more seriously than I was doing before.

Being a little coy for a New Yorker aren't we Jess? I'm sure everyone here would love to hear your experiences, and trauma is a form of NDE so 'The Lazarus Club' hand-book says (well, it will do when I've written it.)

Again, lost for words as to how I want to answer this. Traumas are episodes that can make or break us, yes. I can see where you say it is a form of NDE, but NDE is still that much more....more something anyway. Everyone experiences traumas in their lives, don't they? I know I have experienced a few--and I've come to realize too that the traumas were like a test for me. Some, I guess I passed easily through and some left me scarred that I am still coming to grips with. This is also part of life as we all know it. But yes, some traumas I can guess are like NDEs in that once in awhile the trauma you experience also 'kills' a piece of you inside.

Shortly before you came back to us here at A.T., we received a new moderator in the Spirituality portion of this purple world, Zephyros, who had a great idea to start a 'study group' of something spiritual. I can't help but to think that this thread you began is the answer to our first spiritual group discussion. The link to Zeph's thread about this is posted below--and while many offered some superb ideas on a study group, I think we could possibly use this thread to get it going. You came back here with, IMHO, a superb one to ponder and one that you, Padma and others could post their NDE experiences with us to discuss. Please check out that thread. What do you think of us starting with you and your "The Lazarus Club" thread?

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=246045

eta: I should also state that our dear Chiska is also still another moderator for Spirituality--but needed the help, thus Zephyros stepped into provide her this help. I didn't mean to imply that Chiska was removed in anyway.