Premonitions- your experiences

SweetSiren

Thank you CN for your long responses. I appreciate them.

It's not that I necessarily want to develop these abilities, but they are there and I want to get more clarity with them for sanity's sake. The messages aren't very clear, like the dream of an ex. I'm picking up on things and not knowing it's something other than a dream, so when it comes to be I'm so weirded out. I'd like to get to a place where it only comes when it is indeed something I should know/ I understand that it is actually a message as it comes.

Another example is I had a boss that made me feel very uncomfortable, and everyone liked him. So I felt pretty alone and doubted my intuition. I had a dream that a clown chased me with an axe, and the neighborhood tried convincing me he actually was doing good things and I must be crazy. Months later he gets fired for stealing and it was not too long after he crossed some of my boundaries. I also found out he went to clown school. But at the time I chalked the dream up to being afraid of clowns- because I am. And I guess for good reason lol

But that's what I mean- it's always so cryptic and I don't understand what's being said to me. The dream in retrospect was telling me to trust myself, but it's not something I would have gathered was about my boss until after everything played out. So, I am picking things up and I just want to fine tune- to actually understand what's being handed to me. And I know it's partly a personal journey, understanding how it speaks to me. But it's so bizarre that I haven't the slightest clue what to listen to.

I am in the habit now of writing my dreams down and throwing psychological interpretations out the window. It will take me a while to understand the pattern of the messages, as I just started doing it and I haven't remembered my dreams lately. I know it's also being a better receiver, and although meditation is nice, it hasn't been particularly helpful in this endeavor. But I will keep going with it. I am also trying to break down the fear and apprehension associated with it. It's happening to me whether I try or not, so being afraid isn't particularly helpful.

yannie

I have them too, usually as a heads-up to my actions in the waking world. Just last sleep I dreamt I was in Malaysia and I left my bag behind but someone called out to me and handed it back. I got back some money too. In that dream, I also gave some change to a beggar. Then I woke up, checked my phone, and saw that I got a missed call from a Malay (not Malaysian though) work contact from a charitable organisation. I rang back and she said she's got a work project for me. YAY!

In my case the premonitive dreams relate to me, but I only realise they are after the event has played out. It just prepares me mentally I guess, so I'm not so surprised...

celticnoodle

Thank you CN for your long responses. I appreciate them.
:laugh: yes, I know I'm very long in my posts. sorry for that. Glad you appreciated them though.

The only other thing I can say and shortly--honest--is that the more you work with it, the easier it will become for you.

* Do journal your dreams as you are planning. A good start.
* Then, look them up in a dream dictionary and make notes of what you feel the dreams meant.
* Take into consideration what it also means to you. How you felt. What the things in the dream mean to YOU--especially if radically different from the dream dictionary. (such as your fear of clowns in your clown dream)
* Go back as things play out and see how it related to your dream.

At that point, you'll be able to see how to untangle these things to make them clearer.

I sort of remember someone posting here on a clown dream like yours--was this you? It sounds so familiar and also very eery and frightening.

Good Luck with this.

I have them too, usually as a heads-up to my actions in the waking world. Just last sleep I dreamt I was in Malaysia and I left my bag behind but someone called out to me and handed it back. I got back some money too. In that dream, I also gave some change to a beggar. Then I woke up, checked my phone, and saw that I got a missed call from a Malay (not Malaysian though) work contact from a charitable organisation. I rang back and she said she's got a work project for me. YAY!

In my case the premonitive dreams relate to me, but I only realise they are after the event has played out. It just prepares me mentally I guess, so I'm not so surprised...

wow! that was an interesting dream and how well it played out for you in real life. :thumbsup:

yannie

OH! I almost forgot. In my dream I had a companion who'd ventured further ahead of me because I was taking my time sightseeing. Then I checked my phone in the dream - 11pm. TIME TO GO! Because the last bus back to Singapore would be soon. I hurry ahead in search of my companion, can't find him, decide to call him - find out I missed a call from him at 11.10pm.

So this ties in with my missed call IRL, and the project is an 11th hour one - they just decided this morning that they'd need my help, & I have to turn it in later this week. All very last-minute! But totally doable.

And it would inspire another ongoing project I'm doing too.

Ok, so this premonitive dream DID help me make a decision IRL after all. I was like, "Wait, didn't I just dream that...OK, TAKE THE JOB!" :D

LoveLight&Peace

I have had dreams about things as they are happening, and about things that are going to happen, as long as I can remember. There are some things that I really wish I didn't 'see', because I can't un-see them.

When I was 9, my Grandmother was in a terrible accident, and seriously injured. A drunk driver plowed into the drivers side of the car and left the scene. I saw it happening, woke up devastated, and sobbing! I remember my mom coming into my room, telling me that everything was fine, it was just a dream, go back to sleep. Within the hour, the phone rang, my Aunt called to let my parents know about the accident. Thankfully my Grandmother survived, and has lived a long, happy life. The authorities never found the drunk driver, though.

My best friend when I was 14, was shot & killed deer hunting just before day break. I dreamt about it 6 hours before it happened, and went through the day not hearing anything about it. So, I did my best to brush it off as just a bad dream, even though I knew it wasn't. At 10:30 that night, I went to the open the front door, and my Grandmother asked what I was doing. I told her that my BF's brother was there to tell me that my friend died. I opened the door and he was standing there, it was confirmed. As details came out about what had happened, everything lined up with the dream that I had, had about it. Seeing things like this are hard to get passed, but I do have the comfort in knowing that my friend didn't suffer.

I have had other instances that were about really good things, like seeing my children graduate high school, and College / University. At the time, I thought I dreamt about it because it was something that I wanted for them, even though it felt like the premonition dreams that I have. It was the first time that I had seen something so far in into the future. But to see them standing on stage, in their caps and gowns getting their diplomas, in the same school colors that they were wearing in my dreams, and unique ceremony events just as I had dreamt it was amazing!

Sometimes I'm given warnings or insights about day to day things or important events in my dreams, as well as when I'm awake. During waking hours it's a feeling / knowing that something is going on regarding myself or someone else. Sometimes I know exactly who and what, and sometimes I don't. One example of this, I was at a local pharmacy picking up a few things. I was standing near the front door looking for one of the things that I needed, and had this overwhelming feeling that I was in harms way and had to move immediately. Not 2 seconds after I started to walk away, a car came crashing through the doors and stopped right where I was standing. I was two steps in front of the car when it came to stop. Needless to say, I was very thankful for the nudge to move!

I also know when people that I'm close to, die. IDK how to describe how I know, I just do. I knew when my father died, my best friend of 30 years, my sister-in-law, and many others that I love and care about.

It's so nice to have a place to share things like this! There aren't very many people around me that I can share these experiences with. I guess I really needed to talk about the things that I have shared, because I definitely feel better after doing so.

Thank you to everyone else that has shared their experiences, too!

celticnoodle

OH! I almost forgot. In my dream I had a companion who'd ventured further ahead of me because I was taking my time sightseeing. Then I checked my phone in the dream - 11pm. TIME TO GO! Because the last bus back to Singapore would be soon. I hurry ahead in search of my companion, can't find him, decide to call him - find out I missed a call from him at 11.10pm.

So this ties in with my missed call IRL, and the project is an 11th hour one - they just decided this morning that they'd need my help, & I have to turn it in later this week. All very last-minute! But totally doable.

And it would inspire another ongoing project I'm doing too.

Ok, so this premonitive dream DID help me make a decision IRL after all. I was like, "Wait, didn't I just dream that...OK, TAKE THE JOB!" :D
Very Cool, Yannie! thanks too for sharing this part of the dream that ended up coming true and helping you to make a decision! :D very cool.

celticnoodle

It's so nice to have a place to share things like this! There aren't very many people around me that I can share these experiences with. I guess I really needed to talk about the things that I have shared, because I definitely feel better after doing so.

Thank you to everyone else that has shared their experiences, too!
Wow, LL&P, that is quite a history of dreams come true! So sorry for the losses you dreamed of and the sad dreams. That had to be scary for you at the time--especially as a young child.

I don't think I shared this one here in this thread, but I'm sure I shared it before on A.T. somewhere. When our daughter was pregnant with her first baby, I had a dream where my mother, my deceased maternal aunt and I were on a bus trip and we met my soon to be born grandbaby. I saw in this dream and honestly, I always felt the baby would be a girl. Everyone else--the doctors included were predicting a boy. But, I was correct, it was a girl.

Interestingly enough, my mother had the very same dream at the same time I had this and she also dreamed of the 3 of us women being together and being introduced to the granddaughter that my daughter would soon have. That was really pretty eery, that both my mother and I had virtually the same dream at the same time about the same thing. :D
Also one of my more favorite dreams to have had.

LoveLight&Peace

Wow, LL&P, that is quite a history of dreams come true! So sorry for the losses you dreamed of and the sad dreams. That had to be scary for you at the time--especially as a young child.

I don't think I shared this one here in this thread, but I'm sure I shared it before on A.T. somewhere. When our daughter was pregnant with her first baby, I had a dream where my mother, my deceased maternal aunt and I were on a bus trip and we met my soon to be born grandbaby. I saw in this dream and honestly, I always felt the baby would be a girl. Everyone else--the doctors included were predicting a boy. But, I was correct, it was a girl.

Interestingly enough, my mother had the very same dream at the same time I had this and she also dreamed of the 3 of us women being together and being introduced to the granddaughter that my daughter would soon have. That was really pretty eery, that both my mother and I had virtually the same dream at the same time about the same thing. :D
Also one of my more favorite dreams to have had.

Thank you celticnoodle! It definitely was.

What a beautiful premonition to have! I can see why it's one of your favorite dreams. That's amazing! :D It's cool that your mom had the same dream, at the same time too. :cool2:

celticnoodle

Thank you celticnoodle! It definitely was.

What a beautiful premonition to have! I can see why it's one of your favorite dreams. That's amazing! :D It's cool that your mom had the same dream, at the same time too. :cool2:

Yeah, it was/is cool. We both feel it was due to my deceased aunt/moms sister. Mom was very close to her as was I--and Auntie was very much involved in our daily lives. I'm sure she was also quite excited about my daughters pregnancy too. This aunt comes to me a lot, and when I go for psychic readings, she is always the first to make an appearance, however, when she appears to the psychic giving me the reading, she will tell her, "I'm running things here on this end and will allow the others to come in one at at time." It always makes that psychic I go to laugh and my aunt will allow my dad to come to me first, then one at a time, other spirits who were close to me in life. Then, when she can tell the psychic is getting tired, she stops the other spirits and will also give the psychic a message for me. She definitely RUNS things. :laugh: she was very much like that in life too. She actually did bring my granddaughter to me a few times before the baby was born-for me to see and meet.

Mom and I have some sort of psychic connection with each other for sure--as we've had another psychic dream at the same time when my father passed away on the same night. We made a connection with 3 women who were family members that came to help my father cross over into the light.