beeswax candles

lepleadian

hi guys, i hope you are doing fine. I'm just wondering coz my mom bought some beeswax candle and i hope to use them while reading tarot...has any of you tried this? That woman in the store told my mom that they are used when you have a wish and you burn it....

i would like to hear some thoughts regarding the usage of it :)

Darkmage

They're no different than standard paraffin magic-wise. They do smell nice, though.

Some people swear by lighting candles with Tarot. Others, like me, couldn't care less.

It's up to you, basically.

GotH

That woman in the store told my mom that they are used when you have a wish and you burn it....

i would like to hear some thoughts regarding the usage of it :)

People do this everyday when they place a candle on top of a cake and sing happy birthday. :party:

Google "Candle Magick" to get an idea of how candles and wishes work together.. Adding a tarot card to focus on the energy you are hoping for.

yannie

They're no different than standard paraffin magic-wise. They do smell nice, though.

Some people swear by lighting candles with Tarot. Others, like me, couldn't care less.

It's up to you, basically.

My thoughts exactly. I do spells with regular candles and they work just fine. Focus and intent is what matters.

danieljuk

Beeswax Candles have health benefits compared to regular candles because they burn the cleanest! Most regular candles have some sort of mixture of paraffin oils which doesn't burn so cleanly and are a refined by-product of the petroleum industry. The cheaper the candles, the cheaper the ingredients and there is some worries about some of the candles and what they do to you healthwise. You can make candle wax from any sort of oils but paraffin tends to be the cheapest and fragrance and colouring also can be cheaper or more expensive that is added. Soy Candles are the next, they are a bit better than paraffin but beeswax is the best as it's a natural product from Bees! However they tend to be much more expensive! So Beeswax is better for you and your environmental health but I am not sure if there is any magical benefits of them, unless maybe you feel closer to nature with them? I do know people who for health reasons will only burn beeswax now but I simply cannot afford to only use that type of candles completely in my life :)

It's the intentional that is important and the spell or blessing you put on the candle rather than how it's made I think but maybe try it out and share your experiences here lepleadian :)

Richard

The Moravians have a church service on Christmas Eve in which every member of the congregation is given a beeswax candle. Imagine a church packed with people holding lighted beeswax candles. The aroma is almost intoxicating.

Attachments

• Christmas-lead1.jpg
    Christmas-lead1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 111

Ace

I just did a blog entry on candle magic. Basically, you get a candle in the color you think represents your wish (money=green, love=pink, etc) scratch your name on the side of it and burn it for 20 minutes a day for 21 days. Then put it away and wait. I don't know if it will work, but it is LOW BUDGET and non-toxic and that is something. The Buckland book about Candle magic may say more, but that is a basic spell that I think will work.

Edited to add: the candle and the time spent adds to the intention. The other writers are right: the intention is what matters most.
barb

Hide1111

I've got a couple of candles used in a Christian baptism. I wonder what would happen if I cast a spell using those - would it be more potent? Considering the candles have been already used in a ceremonial rite?

lepleadian

I just did a blog entry on candle magic. Basically, you get a candle in the color you think represents your wish (money=green, love=pink, etc) scratch your name on the side of it and burn it for 20 minutes a day for 21 days. Then put it away and wait. I don't know if it will work, but it is LOW BUDGET and non-toxic and that is something. The Buckland book about Candle magic may say more, but that is a basic spell that I think will work.

Edited to add: the candle and the time spent adds to the intention. The other writers are right: the intention is what matters most.
barb

omg that is cool i have never heard about it