Dream calling an ancestor

Bonny

Hi there,

In a dream, a female ancestor who treated me like her own daughter, was walking along in a place (of higher learning, which is where I normally hang out) and shecwent straight past me.

She was wearing a trench coat , a sand coloured one that I own , and she smartly walked up two flights of stairs. There was no one else there. She was doing what was required.
This woman wouldn't have worn such an item in her life on earth (too fancy) and she didn't really like my appetite for furthering my learning. But she was committed and reliable and loved me in a quiet, heroic, humble way.

I ran back and called out to her. Repeatedly. She didn't hear me.
Eventually I called with a note of dissolving strength and rampant powerlessness. She stopped. I could see her face through the stairs. Her hair was cut short and grey. She was calm and responsible. She heard me call her. She didn't see me.
Then I woke up.

I don't know why this happened in my dream.
We have some indigenous heritage so I take it as a sacred experience.

Her presence reminded me of the soil that I came from. There was a solitary, lonely feeling to her as well. But she was serene. Maybe this serenity and plain steadiness was her gift to me and the gift in the dream.

Any other recommendations?

Bonny

EvaSegovia

Committed, reliable, doing what was required, responsible. Those words are the ones that stand out to me in your recall. How do these qualities fit in to your life?

Bonny

Committed, reliable, doing what was required, responsible. Those words are the ones that stand out to me in your recall. How do these qualities fit in to your life?

Hi Eva,

Thanks for chiming in!!

Actually these are all the qualities of an empowered woman in relationship which is who I want to be. I am over the romantic exotic haywire of being neurotic about a man. It is time to be who I am in the other sectors of my life in love too. Which means going by intuition not necessarily emotion.

Thanks!!! Well reflected!

celticnoodle

Your *dream* fascinates me, Bonny. :) I am inclined to think of it more as a visit from your ancestor. Was she your aunt, as this title comes to me when I am answering your post here.

I do think that EvaSegovia answered with great thoughts. I have to say your female ancestor seems to definitely be giving her advice to you--but in a *quiet* way. Was she like this also in life? Quietly leading with strength and confidence? Because it appears that was how or what she was communicating with/to you.

Bonny

Your *dream* fascinates me, Bonny. :) I am inclined to think of it more as a visit from your ancestor. Was she your aunt, as this title comes to me when I am answering your post here.

I do think that EvaSegovia answered with great thoughts. I have to say your female ancestor seems to definitely be giving her advice to you--but in a *quiet* way. Was she like this also in life? Quietly leading with strength and confidence? Because it appears that was how or what she was communicating with/to you.

Thanks Celticnoodle!

YEs, you are right - she was my aunt.
And yes she was a leader in a quiet way. And advice sounds correct - that she is recommending I lead with strength and confidence in a quiet way,

Thank you!!!

Bx