Relationship problems?

empresslove

This spread is based off of my last spread where the clarifiers were 2 of cups and 3 of swords, so it made me want to find out if this relationship would last.

Three card spread, no reversals, rider waite.

Question: Does their relationship last?

Death, 5 of swords, King of Pents. ... the page of cups was at the bottom of deck.

Death is a transformation, 5 of swords represents conflict, King of pents I think could represent the male person regarding this spread b/c he's an earth sign and often times the pents refer to earth sign.

Page of cups as the central theme for me represents the newness of this "love" relationship. Pages are immature and cups represent emotions, so I see it has new emotions / new relationship.

Interpretation 1: I think death could represent the end of the relationship due to unsavory behaviors cause by the king of pents.

Interpretation 2: Death could represent the transition from boyfriend/girlfriend to husband/wife, or death plus 5 of swords could be the end of conflicts and stabilizing the relationship (king of pents).

Any feedback on my interpretation would be most welcome!

SweetSiren

Death has always shown me total transformation. It has only come at the end of relationships, for me. The kind of thing as in if I were to see them again, it would be totally different and we may not even be able to relate.

empresslove

Thank you SweetSiren...! I completely agree with you, death for me as well as 3 of swords and 10 of swords and the tower have all typically indicated the end of a relationship (of course depending on the surrounding cards) ... But since on the outside it seems like they are a couple in love and in the throes of passion, I wanted to play devils advocate a find another possible interpretation on death, and since it's coupled with 5 of swords, I thought "hmmm perhaps the end of conflict?" lol or it's just me and my wishful thinking.

Death has always shown me total transformation. It has only come at the end of relationships, for me. The kind of thing as in if I were to see them again, it would be totally different and we may not even be able to relate.

Grizabella

Interpretation 2: Death could represent the transition from boyfriend/girlfriend to husband/wife, or death plus 5 of swords could be the end of conflicts and stabilizing the relationship (king of pents).

Death is the definite end of something. Period. No do-overs. You specifically asked if the relationship will endure so as I read it, these cards say no, it won't endure and will end. The 5 of Swords and the other two cards are telling you why the relationship will end, since you didn't name the positions.

empresslove

Thank you Grizabella!

So my first interpretation is closer to what cards are saying... The relationship will end b/c of ongoing conflict b/c of the male partner (king of pents). Or will end due to lack of money or stability... if the king of pents is referring to finances rather than the male partner.

Death is the definite end of something. Period. No do-overs. You specifically asked if the relationship will endure so as I read it, these cards say no, it won't endure and will end. The 5 of Swords and the other two cards are telling you why the relationship will end, since you didn't name the positions.