decks with erotic/sexual themes

moon

What do you think of decks like the Manara Tarot or Tarots of Casanova? Interesting as collectibles or novelties and nothing more? Or perhaps good for readings dealing with sexuality?

I'm definitely intrigued by these decks, and plan on adding them to my collection. Do any of you have experience with these or similar decks?

Blessings,
Jess

P.S. I believe you can find scans of these cards on Wicce's site, www.wicce.com of course :)

Kiama

I have been considering buying:

The Black Tarot
The Manara Tarot

for quite a while now... I think that the artwork in them is pretty good, but I wouldn't be able to read with them. They are more of a collector's deck than anything....

Kiama

cj

Jess,
Intrigued is the word. I've seen the cassanova deck and couldn't imagine looking into someones face while reading with them...I would be bright red....

But...I would love to get a copy before it goes out of print..one of these days...so many decks, so little money.

cj

tarotbear

If you go to Alidastore they have a deck called (translated) 'Garden of the Penises'. {jardin di Priapi} It is not what you think; in fact, I saw it and didn't like it.

Kiama

Tarotbear: I've seen the deck you're referring to... All I can say is HOW RUDE :-D The Heirophant is extremely um... rude... And quite humourous, but I don't think I like this deck either.

Kiama

Greenman

the Geiger Tarot has very erotic images, but all in Geiger's rather disturbing way. it's only the majors though, and really not very good 'tarot' wise. i can't imagine reading with it.

goldie

My husband collects these, the Black Tarot is very beautiful, and its our personal love connector but I wouldn't read anyone else with it......the Manara eh, Blessed Be

tarotbear

Group- Kiama is referring to the fact that even though the deck is called The Garden of the Penises there are few penises and a LOT of exposed female anatomy. The deck is also degrading to women.

The Cups are full of yellow fluid...need we say more?

nexyjo

i have the erotic tarot by manara. i love it. i don't read with it, but as a collectors deck, i think very highly of it.

the black tarot is also pretty neat, though the minors are just pips if i recall. that deck's a little too dark for me, but again, as a collector's deck, i like it.

i don't own the others, so i have no experience with them.

luv and light,
nexy

Kiama

Another thought about these decks: Whilst I'm perfectly fine with decks that show alot of nudity, and what I would class as 'tasteful' erotic images, such as in the Black Tarot, I would find it detracting to the deck an a reading if the cards showed excessive sexual acts, or really prominently displayed 'bits'.... Somehow, the Wheel of Fortune in the Garden of Penises deck doesn't quite appeal to me... :-D

Kiama