What decks did you get for the holidays?

faunabay

Anyone get any good presents???? hehehehe

I got alot of good stuff and had a blast but didn't get any decks!! :(

Oh well it just means I can go shopping now! Wooohoooo :)

Last year everyone wanted the Osho Zen.....so what did everyone get this year?

divinerguy

Bought myself the Art Nouveau Tarot by Matt Myers. (US Games). Its kinda cutesy, but I needed something inoffensive, as I 'm trading off my Robin Wood.

I'm not sure about this deck. I'll do a few readings before I decide its fate.

Are there any decks out there that I can use without offending female clients (I'm a guy) ?

I have the Rohrig, Thoth, RWS, Cosmic, Art Nouveau, the soon to be traded Robin Wood, and a boring Barnes & Noble deck.

Thanks for any input.

Gary

Lilliana

faunabay- I'm in the same boat as you- lot's of lovely pressies, but no decks. I did get some money from relatives, so I'll be able to buy one. :D

Gary- you could try some of the female orientated decks like the motherpeace or the goddess deck. From waht I've seen of the goddess tarot it tends to be very gentle and soothing. I didn't know that women got offended by some decks (!?)

Lilliana

Kiama

Well, my four main presents were all from my boyfriend, three of them being decks I've wanted for ages:

Crowley Thoth deck
Sacred Rose deck and book set
Manara Erotic Tarot.

Ad he also bought me a gorgous silver and amber ring, which I've had my eye on for a long time. It looks really good on my finger too!

Kiama *Admiring her ring*

kayne

Well... I am almost embarroused to say... I got the Tarot Erotica for xmas and it is really quite ugly... I don't think I would ever use it. Oh well... good for the collection and my friend did order it all the way from America... (I don't know what she was suggesting about me...)

K.

cj

[hi all,

I was so excited when UPS showed up on Christmas EVE...NO Decks...(and no main gift for my oldest daughter-that showed up at Moms on Christmas Eve/Boy was I relieved)

I shouldn't complain..the box was my embroidery machine...

The decks I ordered for Christmas (along w/ hubby's book) still has not shown up..but it's on it's way..

Will keep you posted..glad to hear the holiday's were good

cj

glamourbug

Well i knew hubby wasnt buying me decks as he doesnt know anything about tarot or what i already have/want. He did buy me some of the most gorgeous jewellery ever though and cooked dinner :)

Sadly though i was disappointed with nearly all of my presents. Lots of perfum from family even though they know i dont wear it and a big ol' statue from my mum (nice but i dont like homey gifts and it is a bit big and garish for the room).

A good cd from my other sister though hmm my birthday soon, Im going to make sure i provide people with lists lol :p

Lisa

di

None! But that's okay since I bought myself the Tarot Sutra (RW in jewel tones). The hubby got me another bottle of CoCo Mademoiselle and...an MP3 player (doin' the happy-joy dance). My daughter got me Sleepless in Seattle and my son picked out a green silk robe to go with the pj's he gave for my b-day on the 5th. Not a bad haul!

Di

Strange2

For me this was a wonderful Tarot Christmas, thanks to my wonderful, supportive wife. She gave me 3 decks and 6 books!

Decks: Alchemical, Tarot of the Origins, and World Spirit

Books:
- The Haindl Tarot, Volume 1, by Rachel Pollack
- Navigators Tarot of the Mystic SEA, by Julia A. Turk
- Tarot and the Tree of Life, by Isabel Radow Kliegman
- Tarot and Individuation, by Dr. Irene Gad
- Tarot and the Journey of the Hero, by Hajo Banzhaf
- The Crowley Tarot: The Handbook to the Cards, by Akron & Hajo Banzhaf

The best gift of all is being supported in my interests and endeavors by my wife and best friend. Doesn't get any better than that!

cayacia

*jumps up and down* I got the Fantastical Tarot and the Egyptian Tarot Cards (from the Bortherhood of Light). I think I just might be in love with the Fantastical deck. It hasn't quite warmed up to me yet but I have a good feeling about it.

But I'm not so sure the Egyptian deck was a good idea. I really am open minded but aparently the Brotherhood of LIght is involved in the occult? I don't really know too much about it 'cept what you hear in movies and stuff so I dunno. What do you guys know?