Certain Songs for no reason............

Mateo06

You know what's the weirdest, when you wake up with a song already in your head. and it stays with you through the day!!! I am gona start paying more attention to the songs that pop into my head! i am pretty sure the songs i wake up to will tell me what my day is going to be like!

Kiama

I used to get this alot... And the songs would always come at me at the most inconvenient times! (one inconvenient one was 'Kung Fu Fighting' during the GCSE Physicas exam....) Some of them meant something specific, in relation to what was going on, but I'm not sure if that was because what was happening triggered my memory to sing them to me....

Kiama

purplelady

I remember a year or two ago this song popped into my head and I swear I Heard it every day for like a month (heard it in my mind) . I rather liked it! I've never even owned a Joni Mitchell cd.
"When I was a free man in Paris
I felt better than Alive
Nobody calling me up for favors
No one's future to decide
You know I'd go back there tomorrow
....................but for the work I'm working on
.........(forgot the words)
................popular song!

What does it mean? Maybe I'd like to run off to paris and leave my responsibilities behind?
I Do intend to buy the cd someday soon!

jakyle

Purplelady......

I'll find the words to the song...My boyfriend manages a music store,and I'll have him look into it. Just got back from Mexico!!Beautiful,BABY!!!Nice cool breezes,blue water,Pina Colada,tequila(not!!)Cervasas all the way!!Purple Rain,...Purple Rain....Now I have that song in my head....

floracove

Always

I have always had songs in my heart and mind, always hearing and sing something, always...
Mother told me once that I came here singing, that I was singing before I was talking...
She has a professional portrait of me at 8/9 months old with my mouth shaped like an O. I asked her once if I were caught yawning and she told me no that I had decided to sing at that moment and the photographer caught it cause she asked him to.
(there were other pics made that day)
And the songs have a wide range, sometimes I'll have songs pop into my head that I have never heard, and I can hear the music to them also...

Here's a part of one:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Searching in the darkness of this cold and lonely world, there's a light brightly shining in the depth of my heart. Calling from a time not so long ago forgotten. We made promises....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't remember the rest right now, but I stopped what I was doing at that moment and wrote it down.
It's still packed up with other things...

jade

as a wise man just said on the tv...............

"don't die with your song still in your heart"

love
jade :D

catlin

Geez this thread gave me a musing about the word "Ohrwurm" with which we discribe a song which sticks in your head. It creeps unnoticed in your ear/mind and gnaws the whole day on it. Very funny.

After our thread about "Who wants to live forever?" guess which song kept going in my mind?

Sam

OMG! this happens to me ALL the time! I just start singing it without really even noticing until i stop! LOL!