Slamming Doors?

Apollonia

Last night at about 9:30 PM, I was standing in the living room and I heard a door slam. I called to my husband to ask him if he had slammed a door, and he said that he had been sitting in his office working on his computer for the past couple of hours. In any case, our house is one of those where because of the air currents and the way the doors hang, it is almost impossible to slam a door if several windows aren't open, which they weren't.

Then this morning I was talking to a close friend who lives in San Diego (I'm in Minneapolis). I told her about hearing the door slam, and she told me she had been awakened in the night by the sound of a door slamming in her house. Almost all the doors in her house are the sliding pocket style doors, which cannot be slammed, and she found no door that had been open and was now closed. Anyone with any experiences like these who could tell me what the heck's going on? Thanks!

Trogon

What do YOU feel it is? (In other words - my experiences, while they might seem similar may be very different on further examination.)

rcb30872

I don't mean to make fun of what you are saying here, but when a door is usually slammed when I am around, it is me that has slammed it. Another one would be because of the wind.

If anything, I would have the oppoiste, doors opening with no apparent explanation.

Bec

BlueLotus

It's quite possible that someone from the spirit world was trying to communicate with you.

Whether you believe this is possible or not does not make any difference . There is probably some kind of a message someone wants to convey to you and they thought that by slamming the door they will get your attention.

You will probably find out about this soon . If this scares you, please ask for a more subtle sign, one that you can better relate to and understand, or ask to receive this message in your dreams just before you go to bed at night.

rcb30872

I think that BlueLotus is quite right. I wouldn't be at all surprised if these spirits have tried a few other tactics before, and uou have well either not noticed or ignored, so they have tried a few things until they have found one way for you to sit up and take notice.

I have never had a problem noticing things, as it happens on a fairly regular basis, all they have to do now is sort of "appear" so that I see them out of the corner of my eye. There have been a few times when they went just a little bit too far in my opinion!! eg, one time when I had a clock radio, that I was in the room at the time, but nowhere near it, and it was not on alarm, and it turned itself on all by itself, and the funny thing is when I went to turn it off, it was already off, so I just pulled the plug out of the socket (it was one of those headboard clock radios) took me ages after that to be able to have another clock radio, let me tell you!! Another one, was when I heard a dripping or tapping like noise in a spare bedroom, and when I got up to investigate it stopped and then when I sat down it started again.

They definitely do some very strange and shocking things to get one's attention at times.

Bec

gareth.

Used to work late in the Office...

The cleaning Lady always swore there were strange things happening but she had a direct connection being Irish and me being only Welsh. All the cutlery landed up down the Toilet bowl as discovered one morning and a picture flew off a wall near mid morning coffee. No slamming of doors but one night as I was working late I heard the Filing Cabinets open and close with a bang. No one else was in the building and I went through to the next room to investigate.No one there but the whisper went up my spine. We cant reject a reason for these experiences and she was finally seen when the Senior Partner took to smoking cigars.

Apollonia

Thanks, Trogon, rcb30872, BlueLotus, Astrid O and gareth...

...for the fascinating ideas. I am noticing more things going on around here--the smell of cigarette smoke keeps coming in, with absolutely no one around who could be smoking. I also was amused to realize that for the past several weeks I've been working with the "Tarot of the 78 Doors," so maybe my entity has a sense of humor--I've been trying to get 78 doors to open, maybe he thinks I should start shutting a few!

Blessings and thanks to you all,
Amanda

Vadella

I've never had doors slam but I have had them shake and heard knocking on them and the walls. That's usually indicative of someone I know that is going to die or become severly hurt... that's only with me though, so don't get worried. :p If it continues to happen analyze why it is happening... watch around you right now. It might be a one time deal or the start of a new "relationship".