One of Those Days Spread

Sophie

I've quite a few of "those days" recently. You know the type - where things go wrong from the moment you try & prise open your eyelids, and go downhill from there. Sometimes actual events go wrong - you bash your car, get a ticket, your darling little boy draws faces on your sofa with indelible pen, you catch a bug and find you've just done a month's worth of shopping & left your purse at home. Sometimes it is more diffuse - you worry, fret, get snappy, can't find the energy to do what you need to do, feel suddenly blue, get a headache...

Well, there could be multiple causes & remedies for those days, and being a tarot reader - I ask tarot :D. It's not meant to be an in-depth exploration of existential troubles, more a snapshot of a bad day, with some idea of deeper causes. I use a cheerful but unsentimental deck for such a reading - my favourite being Sakki-Sakki.

So here's the Spread for One of Those Days. 6 cards, because six is the number for happiness and harmony ;)

1******3
*2****4
**5**6

1= immediate/superficial trouble
2= long term or deeper trouble - what needs further investigation
3= what will help address the immediate trouble
4= what will help address the deeper trouble - what needs further attention
5= what will cheer me up right now
6=end of the day/near future

I'd love to know what people think of it & if you have any suggestions for improvement. I find it very helpful :)

ArwenNightstar

Helvetica said:
So here's the Spread for One of Those Days. 6 cards, because six is the number for happiness and harmony ;)

1******6
*2****5
**3**4

I'd love to know what people think of it & if you have any suggestions for improvement. I find it very helpful :)

I might do the positions so that the solutions/helpers were across from what they were affecting. :)

earth mama

Oh yes i know all about 'those days'. This spread looks perfect i only wish i had it last week it was one of 'those weeks' really. I'll definitely hold on to this one. Thanks for sharing.

Sophie

ArwenNightstar said:
I might do the positions so that the solutions/helpers were across from what they were affecting. :)
Yes, that makes sense. You can play around with the shape so it suits you!

Earth mama - I hope it's of use to you! We do need cheering up sometimes :)

You know something else that can work. To each of the help positions (immediate, long-term & cheering-up) you can, alongside the cards, pick a poem at random (or a song, or something of that nature that speaks to you). I find that very illuminating.

Sophie

At ArwenNightstar's suggestion, I have rejigged the layout slightly*:

1******3
*2****4
**5**6

It really does make more sense - and is helpful, I hope :)

*I'm going to edit the original one too

ArwenNightstar

Helvetica said:
At ArwenNightstar's suggestion, I have rejigged the layout slightly*:

Glad to be helpful! I just did my Princess on a Glass Hill reading for a client and HOOO BOY does it need help! :) I know what it needs though. Been thinking on it all day and it hit me on the way home.