Spirit Guide Group: Dreams, Volume Three

psychic sue

OMG David! I have been hearing jingle bells for about 2 weeks now!

Sophie-David

psychic sue said:
OMG David! I have been hearing jingle bells for about 2 weeks now!
I can see that I have been quite fascinated by these bells for some time now - but I'm afraid I can be a bit slow at hearing things! Maybe you will get some relief now! ;)

Sophie-David

Follow-up on the Riq

Well, last night, visions of riqs danced in my head! ;) The dream director let me off without any big dreams, probably so I could spend some focused research time today to get the appropriate riq and support materials. I have ordered this authentic Egyptian riq from Lark in the Morning, with the case and study materials coming from Mid-East Mfg. And Lynn found what looks like an excellant DVD tutor for me here. For learning the bodhrán I found that a mix of book-based, CD and DVD instruction worked really well. The DVD show you how to play, the book gives you more depth and the CD gives backup exercises and play-along pieces to follow.

Kahlie

Well, I was complaining that I was getting dreams that I can't remember. Which is rare... Now I'm starting to remember them, but they make no sense... *sigh*
Serves me right...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dream 1:
I dreamt that I was making food for my mom, tortellini with tomato sauce for me, and some of the tortellini my father bought was in cheese sauce. So I decided to take a little bit for me so I would have some extra sauce.

However, I found out half way that probably my mom couldn't eat this. (In real life she has gluten and wheat allergy). I also realised that she had only a small amount on her plate maybe 4-5 instead and I had like 30+ or something. I quickly put some extra cheese on her plate and put it under the grill.

My brother came into the kitchen and he was also annoyed that probably my mother couldn't eat it.

In the end - I realised I was eating chili and I woke up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dream 2:
I also had a quick precognitive dream where I went and fitted myself for a new winter jacket. Not very interesting except that I got assurance that it fitted very well.
<- I planned on going out today and buying it ->
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dream 3:
Then I dreamt that I sold one of my Crystals.
Dream 4:
I then dreamt that I heard Jameroquai's :"I'm going deeper underground"
And a woman saying: My Daughter didn't even remember composing that song. She has a high tolerance for alcohol... 2 glasses. The woman speaking was Oprah.

Well, Dream 2 makes sense. I was a bit worried about buying an expensive jacket (around $200) and then with my recent weight changes, make it ill-fitting. Tenson jackets are wonderful and last for around 3-5 years.

Dream 1 is... odd... I'm realising that this might signify old guilt issues coming to play once more. The fact that I can't get what I want, and is abundently available for me, because my mum in my opinion 'isn't getting enough'. I read an interesting book on the reversal of roles between mother-daughter, and how most daughters have problems living their lives freely, because they were feeling guilty about their mothers sickness.
Interesting how I switched to Chili, one of my favourite meals, and the one I eat when I feel a bit of the blues...

Dream 3 is also a bit strange. I've been doing Healing with that crystal. I didn't even show it to my cleaner and it's in my bed. Sleep with it every night. I have to cleanse it regulary. I even sometimse dream that it's "Full". Maybe this is a sign that now it's ok to share this Crystal. I haven't shown it to people.

Dream 4 is competely wacko... It seemed to indicate people who drink alcohol so they don't have to deal with emotions. I know there was something more about this dream... I just can't remember the ending...

Ugh... be careful what you ask for and all that!

Kahlie

Sophie-David

The Scent of a Woman

September 18, 2006

Somewhere near the beginning of a long and detailed dream, I find myself driving our red Subaru Forester up a steep and narrow mountain road through the forest. The road seems to be getting steeper and rougher the higher I go. The ruts are becoming so big that I take advantage of the Subaru's small size so that I can cross the larger bumps obliquely, so as not to get high centred. The road is become so daunting that now I am in low gear and only just moving forward - there seems to be a loss of power. I put the 4x4 transfer case in lock [this feature is actually not available on our particular model] but it doesn't make any difference to my progress - I am going slower and slower. Just when it seems I'm not going to be able to complete the ascent, I find the road leveling out, and I thankfully drive into a university parking lot (UBC, the one I attended in Vancouver) and park.

I don't remember all the details here, but it seems that things are going well at university. I am able to find the right classes and make it on time, with no sense of panic. I am staying in shared accommodation in a co-ed dorm. At one point I see some index cards on the top of a fridge. I pick them up and take a nibble out of two of them - they are quite tasty - and am about two try a couple more when I look at the other side of them and find that one of my roomies has used them to take notes on! I feel quite bad about it. I turn over the two cards I have eaten and am able to decipher the missing script. So I write them out again, and leave the stack for her where it was, with a note of apology.

Then I am eating in a cafeteria, and chatting with a male student across the table from me. The conversation seems rather boring and trivial. It is a long table, seating perhaps eight, and we are at the far right end. There is an empty space to my left, and opposite that another empty space next to me [sic, read "my"] colleague. Otherwise the table is full, and there is a general din of mixed conversation - actually quite a stimulating place to be.

Then my colleague remarks that someone is wearing some cheap Revlon perfume, and makes a great show of coughing and sputtering about it. "Revlon, hmm", I reply with curiosity. I find the scent quite pleasant, and it reminds me of blue denim. Suddenly the scent becomes quite overpowering - intoxicating - and the source sits down next to me on the left. My colleague grows silent.

The perfume wearer is an attractive young black woman, with a high majestic forehead, with the front of her hair gathered into cornrows, while the back and sides flow down in long luxuriant blackness. She is examining the nails on her right hand, done in a light pink polish that contrasts well with her dark skin. She seems to be holding her hand as much for me to see as for her, and it seems to ask for a response. I say, "They are very attractive".

She says, "Thank you", and she tilts her head towards me so that our hair mingles together. Now her scent has truly and completely enraptured me. Then she says suddenly, in a cultured British accent with a hint of the exotic, "I've just bought a new computer".

I reply, "What kind is it?"

She says, rather impatiently, "I don't know, its just a computer!"

With light humour, I reply, "Well a 'computer' is a very good thing for a computer to be." I have the feeling she is deliberately putting me on the spot, a kind of test. "Is it a tower or a laptop?"

She returns, "Its in my room. Why don't you come and see?"

"OK". We leave together. The dream ends.

Sophie-David

Preliminary Notes on the Dream "The Scent of a Woman"

Well I've been faithfully married for almost thirty years, but I can tell you that even in the days of my youth I was never that easy to pick up!

The remembered portion of the dream starts out with a typical Capricorn vision of ascent. But my ascents have typically been on foot, and I don't take a lot of interest in cars, even my own. In shower analysis I noticed that for the second in the past week that our specific car has taken a role, as if it is becoming a character. Aha! How can I be so dense?

My last significant encounter with Lady Death was at the end of May this year, documented at Spirit Guide Encounters at Post #107 "Laying with the Wild Woman", and the following one. Lady Death appeared to me in the form of my first love, the one that changed me forever, and although we lay long together in nakedness, when she asked me to I could not die in her arms. Later, it was with great regret that I lamented my lack of courage. This dream was also associated with the University of British Columbia, but more significantly, after I lay with her in trance over at least the next hour, her parting words were, "'And you did buy the right vehicle, my vehicle', referring to the Subaru Forester, definitely a car of wildish nature". And in describing the affect this woman has had on my life, I wrote, "Extreme longing, while being very painful, also has the potential of being greatly transforming, and I have this episode to thank for being a powerful vehicle towards spiritual growth." [Italics added where I felt like it!]

So of course, it is intended that I take the dream symbol of this Subaru (literally meaning "union") as the vehicle of Lady Death, whose most precious treasures are found within the twin gifts of surrender and loss. It is therefore the infused energy of Lady Death that delivered me to the 47 foot motor lifeboat steered and powered by a bodhrán, and it is this energy too, after great struggle, that brings me to this latest ascent.

I notice the interesting phrase that through "small size" (since is a car is typically an ego projection, a suitably humble ego), I crossed the bumps obliquely "so as not to get high centred", i.e caught up in the delusion of the high chakras, particularly the Third Eye. But there is an energy shortage, a lack of power, and this likely refers to the constriction in the Solar Plexus that I am currently limited by. This implies a timidity or tentativeness in the appropriate use of egoic power.

The University of British Columbia is itself surrounded by coastal rainforest, and so I suspect that the ascent through the Heartland Forest does not indicate a departure from Heart into Throat Chakra, but instead represents a deeper excursion into the connective realm of the Heart. The dream's narrative seems to bear this out.

In recurring dreams over the years, I have many times experienced disorientation within a school or university, not able to find the right class, or coming in late and so forth. This distractive confusion within the work of spiritual growth appears to be subsiding.

Then there is the very curious image of snacking on my roomie's index cards! I am not quite clear on this image, but it does seems that I am taking nourishment inappropriately, and then not even wholeheartedly. When I looked at the cards they seemed to refer to a mathematics course that she was taking, and it may be a comment on my distractive curiosity in trying to learn a bit of everything at once, but none in great depth. And this was in an area that I had not signed up for and committed myself to. If you were to look at the recently significantly expanded library in my room (hermitage), you would see a great many unfinished books encompassing a wide span of esoteric subjects, as I continue to try to process the new reality I found myself entering into about three years ago.

So instead I find myself dining in a cafeteria where I am going to take some very significant nourishment indeed. I am chatting with a colleague who quite clearly represents the conservative and mundane aspects of my Capricorn self, but his trivialities are soon to be swept aside by the wearer of a "cheap Revlon perfume". I have found that Revlon does make several mass-market perfumes, and there was also a non-Revlon product provocatively called FCUK Denim. Beside the fact that a young student probably wouldn't be able to afford an expensive perfume, I think this dream symbol is intended to convey a earthy proletarian image. The scent is the projected aura of the woman underneath, and like the aura of her hair mingling with mine, there is an instant communion which goes deeper than the persona, into the essence of the self.

I haven't been able to discover a satisfactory dream symbol for the fingernails, but the hands themselves, along with the feet, are extremely sensitive spiritual and emotional transceivers, conducting equally to heart, spirit and soul. There is an interesting image reversal here too, where a white woman might where dark nail polish, this black woman is wearing light pink. Certainly, the nails appear glamourous - I am thinking particularly of the sense of glamour as a "magical spell or enchantment" - and together with the scent and the gentle resting of her head against mine, are used as instruments of seduction.

Wikipedia mentions a connection of hair cornrows with not only black African culture, but with Egyptian, interesting in light of the recent direction to purchase a riq. In my recent two years of imagic experiences, there was both the breathtaking dream encounter with a black woman on the alien desert, as well as a deep spiritual connection with Egypt expressed in an unpublished short story "Daughter of the Blue Lotus". In reading When the Drummers Were Women I was again struck by the unparalleled sensitivity and spiritual depth of Egyptian culture, and the riq itself likely has a direct connection with similar instruments that have existed there since prehistory.

Then there is her British accent, which until the past three years of working through mother issues I found uncomfortable to hear in women, but now seems attractive. Cosmopolitan London in particular has become a dream symbol of exotic yet rooted transformation.

Lastly the light verbal sparring of bringing up a topic and then seeming not to want to talk about it is indeed a test, which poise and a little humour succeed in passing, showing that the dream ego has both interest and wits. The resolution is perhaps unrealistically sudden, but this is after all a dream rather than a novel. This conclusion seems to echo what I have written about the bridegroom Shiva descending with Shakti to the bridal chamber at the heart. The fact that the dream does not follow them there suggests that the dream ego is not yet ready to die in her arms.

Shakti herself makes an convincing Lady Death, and this site provides an appropriate quotation, "The final union with Shakti occurs at the moment of death, according to the Tantric mystics."

Sophie-David

Kahlie's Four Pack

Kahlie said:
Well, Dream 2 makes sense. I was a bit worried about buying an expensive jacket (around $200) and then with my recent weight changes, make it ill-fitting. Tenson jackets are wonderful and last for around 3-5 years.
Yes dream guidance on seemingly mundane matters is very helpful!
Kahlie said:
Dream 1 is... odd... I'm realising that this might signify old guilt issues coming to play once more. The fact that I can't get what I want, and is abundently available for me, because my mum in my opinion 'isn't getting enough'. I read an interesting book on the reversal of roles between mother-daughter, and how most daughters have problems living their lives freely, because they were feeling guilty about their mothers sickness.
Interesting how I switched to Chili, one of my favourite meals, and the one I eat when I feel a bit of the blues...
Yes indeed, it does seem to be about daughter related guilt. There is of course the reversal of daughter as care-giver to mother.

In inner terms, the mother can represent a smother-mother conservative Saturnian force, that which would hold us back in helpless dependency within the womb-as-tomb. Hence your active feminine self feels guilty taking the nourishment it needs, walking on the wild side and asserting its independent creativity. This voice says "You can't afford those art brushes, you'd better go clean up the bathroom". But you remember at the end of the dream to take the appropriate nourishment, and at least in my symbology chili is a lot more wildish than tortellini.
Kahlie said:
Dream 3 is also a bit strange. I've been doing Healing with that crystal. I didn't even show it to my cleaner and it's in my bed. Sleep with it every night. I have to cleanse it regulary. I even sometimse dream that it's "Full". Maybe this is a sign that now it's ok to share this Crystal. I haven't shown it to people.
Yes, but why are you selling it? That's a bit different from sharing.
Kahlie said:
Dream 4 is competely wacko... It seemed to indicate people who drink alcohol so they don't have to deal with emotions. I know there was something more about this dream... I just can't remember the ending...
Actually this one was the easiest for me to relate to - shows you where I'm at! ;) This is a dream of descent. Although alchohol is of course a depressant, and I normally have a slew of automatic negative responses to it based on my history, in this case I don't see a problem. Two glasses is really not excessive, but I see it being used as a medium for embarking on the journey within. I have just read that beer (which I personally loathe) was one of the consciousness altering drugs used by those masters of transformation, the ancient Egyptians. Mind you, I have absolutely no knowlege of that song, just reacting on instinct! :)

Kahlie

Sophie-David said:
Actually this one was the easiest for me to relate to - shows you where I'm at! ;) This is a dream of descent. Although alchohol is of course a depressant, and I normally have a slew of automatic negative responses to it based on my history, in this case I don't see a problem. Two glasses is really not excessive, but I see it being used as a medium for embarking on the journey within. I have just read that beer (which I personally loathe) was one of the consciousness altering drugs used by those masters of transformation, the ancient Egyptians. Mind you, I have absolutely no knowlege of that song, just reacting on instinct! :)

Well, massive changes are coming into the family - with the impending death of my grandmother. I wish I could get those 2 glasses of scotch... Descent is fine - maybe at least I'm safe then.
The song originally comes from the Soundtrack of Godzilla...

Thank you for your interpretations Sophie-David.

Kahlie

Kahlie

Well, my first dream centered around my brother. The PC was in the background and it was doing something for me. My brother had hurted my Tarot of Dreams Card and I was furious. I pulled his hair a bit and suddenly my whole hand was filled with hair and he had a big bald spot on his forehead.
I was horrified. My sister then walked in - I moved my brother out so I could tell him what had happened.
He told me not to worry and just combed his remaining hair over his forehead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is some tension in the family now. I know my brother didn't have the same bond to my grandmama as I and my sister had. But he's very unshocked and unemotional like he doesn't give a fig. So this is hard for my mother - especially since she wanted to go and visit my grandmother and say goodbye - as a family. But she told me that 'she wouldn't force him to do that because she doesn't want to give him a traumatic experience'. However, it seems that the carelessness hurts her much more then it does me.
Seems to me he might be more upset that he lets on - especially considering that hair usually means strenght.

Dream 2 was in my old Market Environment. This time it was a mainly Psychic/Paranormal Market. I've been there the day before, but this day I returned with my lover.

My lover and me have an argument and he's in a wheelchair because of something. I leave him there to 'cool' down and then move on upstairs to see some things. I see big hematite necklaces, lots of stuff to put into your hair etc. etc.
I then move back towards my lover. I ask him if he wants to see things downstairs in the cellar first.
Suddenly we are in a row with another man. He pushed the wheelchair out of the way and was very aggressive and complaining that we where in the way. I told him: "If you wanted to pass - you could have asked". He yelled etc. etc. I told him: "My lover doesn't understand Dutch". But he didn't believe me and he was really offensive. I just shrugged and moved on.

We where looking at a Chinese Food Stand with several other things. I was looking for sugar snaps (sesame seeds in honey), but I could only find the peanut one's. Strangely enough I saw a big sign of "KFC: Passionfruit Milkshakes" in the middle of the stand.
I then saw something that said: "In the Zamussi or Zanussi methology the Third Chakra relates to <color - unsure what it was a type of pale purple I think> and zinc. It helps allieviate backpain and choking'.
Then I woke up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think the offensive man was most likely my lover's father - although I didn't recognise him as such. My lover is flying in at this moment. His parents have reacted very rudely and violently. Like we just made up that my grandmother is terminal so that we can be together or something :S
I was very shocked by that kind of implication...

I am going to hold my hematite near me and hope it grounds me some more. I'm also going to look into that Chakra thing... It's so strange... Edited to Add: I can't find that - but I for some reason did suddenly started searching Samsara Chakra... don't know where the word came from...

Kahlie

Sophie-David

Kahlie said:
Well, massive changes are coming into the family - with the impending death of my grandmother. I wish I could get those 2 glasses of scotch... Descent is fine - maybe at least I'm safe then.
The song originally comes from the Soundtrack of Godzilla...

Thank you for your interpretations Sophie-David.

Kahlie
Oh dear, I didn't realize they were glasses of Scotch! This kind of descent is probably not helpful at all... delusionary rather than imagic. :(