Mary K. Greer's 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card (her new book)

tarotbear

it's the 'the'

It's the article 'the' that does not belong in the sentence -

"Just as the twenty-one letters of the alphabet can be combined to form billions of words. . ."

If they had said this instead: "Just as twenty-one letters of the alphabet can be combined to form billions of words. . ." - it would leave the reader in a better frame of mind.

Then again, there are times I'm glad Llewellyn did not publish my book!

janstar17

Maybe they left off the vowels...a-e-i-o-u...:D

In any case, it is on my wish list for sure! I love Mary's books!!

Dean

U.k

I for one think this idea in corparating 21 card meanings in a card will be a great starting point for any beginner or any experienced Tarot reader, i know when i first started reading Tarot buying a good book that just dealt with its usuall card meanings is not enough sometimes. To have a book that can get more out of expressing different ways on reading just a single Tarot card must be its worth in gold. I cant wait to read it.:)

sharpchick

tarotbear said:
It's the article 'the' that does not belong in the sentence -

"Just as the twenty-one letters of the alphabet can be combined to form billions of words. . ."

If they had said this instead: "Just as twenty-one letters of the alphabet can be combined to form billions of words. . ." - it would leave the reader in a better frame of mind.

Excellent POV. . . and at last, a rational explanation.

tarotbear

sharpchick said:
Excellent POV. . . and at last, a rational explanation.

It's the type of thing that drives authors crazy - they pick and pull what YOU wrote apart, but they won't let you correct their writing! LOL!!

Teheuti

Deanres said:
I for one think this idea in corparating 21 card meanings in a card will be a great starting point for any beginner or any experienced Tarot reader,
Just to clarify - this book doesn't contain 21 meanings for each card - but rather 21 ways for you to generate meanings - deriving them from number, suit/element, description, and on to more experiential methods. It's more like layers (those clear overlays in anatomy textbooks) than lists.

Mary

Dean

U.k

Deanres said:
To have a book that can get more out of expressing different ways on reading just a single Tarot card must be its worth in gold:)

Hi mary thanks for clarifing that, but my quote had meant something different then thinking it was just to do with 21 meanings in each card, sorry about that.

Lurea

Teheuti said:
that represents the psychic-intuitive flashes that happen in and among all the other ways. I made the decision NOT to make this a book on psychic development - that should be its own book - but, instead, to just occasionally suggest where and how it might occur and how to recognize it.

Fascinating! I'll be looking for this book! And does this mean a book on psychic development might be forthcoming? :D That would also go on my wishlist.

Teheuti

Lurea said:
And does this mean a book on psychic development might be forthcoming? :D That would also go on my wishlist.
It's a thought, but I've got several other books in mind first. Personally, I recommend a good class in the subject. There's something about having a roomful of people doing psychic work together that really makes a difference - and, of course, a great teacher. I wrote several of my books during periods when I was attending weekly psychic development classes in San Francisco, primarily with Tamara Diaghilev. They helped renew and center me, plus I always came away with new insights that I could apply to the books or the writing process itself.

Mary