The Ocean Oracle: Journey to the Shore and Beyond...

Skydancer

Oh thank you!
I had a hunch to check back here just now -- just found out from Amazon that my copy is in transit and is already in Ohio --- wasn't due to ship for another week!!

Thanks for the link ... (already opening it)

oh my! shell art. Elven! My word, girl!!

*S*

edited to add: ohhh ... so that's who janthina is!!
I''ve been devouring the other thread. I have a story about an octopus too, but that's for another time (thread). :)

Satori

LOL, octopus is a mollusk dear one, so you can post it here.
You are so funny that you said that. One more confirmation that you are in the right place.

Well folks, I had a major car accident today.
I was taking my little one to school, then I was going to Shelley's house to show her my brand new shell collection and have her sign my book and boom!!!!! KabOOOOMMM! I crashed into the car in front of me.

Suddenly all traffic stopped and well, I kept going.

My Jeep Grand Cherokee deployed her airbags and both me and my little girl are ok, although my neck hurts and so does my back.

But I"ve been crying all day over the Jeep. Nicest car we've ever owned. Closest to new car I've ever had. And I know we are ok, but, we had a lot of money into that Jeep.

And my 9 hole abalone was the shell that took it the worst.
Shattered it.
It was the pride and joy of my collection. My cowrie made it, as did some of my other shells, including my older daughter's telescope shell, but others just shattered.

So, was this some kind of message?
I had heard that when you have accidents like this the Universe is really working you, that you are raising your vibration and getting a big message. What is the shell associated with accidents? More like the barnacle covered mine that explodes when you least expect it.

Anyway, I'm here, I'm alive, and I have no vehicle.
I'm thinking this may be more shell shock... ;)

Skydancer

Oh my ........

You do sound in good spirits though for having been through all that. I mean, you're still smiling .... well, sort of. At least in here ....

So sorry about the shells.
Message? How can one discern a message from the Universe amid all the wreckage?? Ouch - well, one might be that you were distracted. Men seem to be able to keep their minds on only one thing at a time (!) but we seem apt to juggle many situations simultaneously. Message ... don't put all your eggs in one basket. Sorry -

How about ... don't be connected to the things you love. That is one I'm still wrestling with. Seems contradictory. But the Budhists do it - and Zen masters. If you love something you are owned by it. (The Little Prince lesson) So, as hard as this is, even for me to say, maybe you are being shown that your possessions are not 'you' -- you are something far above and more grander than that. They are things, really really neat and important things, but things none the less. And the lesson they were teaching today (not that I was there, but I'm guessing) is that maybe no matter how grand something is, how special and spiritual and worthy it is, it is still only a 'thing' and it is ourselves that make it grand and spiritual and special.

And with all that said, I'm sending you a hug to comfort you in the loss of your wonderful possesions. See? I can be contradictory, ifn I want! :)

{{{H}}}

S:OL

lark

Oh elfie ouch!!!
I am so sorry that happened.
It's just one thing after another lately hey?
I hope Shelly has some insight into the shells that broke.....that seems to be the key here.
Why some broke and other didn't.
Mostly I'm so glad you and your little one are safe and unhurt. :*

Simone

oh, elf.... glad you are both alright!

btw, I have a friend who once exclaimed, when i told her of a similar thing (I had butted someone from behind with my car but not as hard) "Oh! how impatient!"

At that time I laughed about it - but how funny the word "patience" should be on the thread... (with the octopus, I think, again only half awake)

Kahlie

Elf, I'm glad you are alright! And your daughter too!

I've been following this thread and really looking into this oracle, I'd like to get it. I wonder if any of you could show me pictures? I know it's a lot to ask for, but I would like to see some Cards.

Kahlie

Satori

A Shell Reading

Using Shelley's method of contacting the higher self (saying my maiden name, the one on my birth cerificate three times) I asked:

What was the lesson behind my car accident?

I had a jumper-#190 Tropidophora Land Snail
"Feeling that nothing comes easily; progress through struggle"

and then chose

#48-Coronate Prickly-Winkle
"Extremely tolerant of harsh conditions; avoiding confrontation; not standing up for oneself"

Interesting duo. My husband is very much in the first shell's message. He was lamenting last night that we never seem to catch a break, that everything is so hard for us, one step forward, two steps back etc.
He was also challenging himself to see it from a new perspective tho, and he was trying to figure out how to do that!!

The second shell is really interesting. I think that I have the ability to tolerate so much! Even my pain threshhold is abnormally high. I'm very sensitive to most of the really good pain killers darn! but I have such a high pain threshhold that I don't really need them either....

So maybe in order to get my attention a hole has to open in the earth in front of me before I really go, wait a minute...what's up?

Thing is, what does this say about me as a reader??? I mean I'm supposed to be sensitive to subtle nuances, right? See the subtleties in a situation...or maybe I'm too much into the subtleties and miss the big stuff???

I feel confused and enlightened at the same time...sign of a good reading no doubt!

shell oracle

Elf, Once again there is so much I want to share. Let me say first that I am glad you and your daughter are OK. Believe it or not, I just wrote about the Tropidophora yesterday. It is information I wanted to add to the new book.
SO, here it is....hot off the press :)
Attraction to this shell indicates a belief that life is a constant struggle, with nothing handed over easily. Great difficulties benefit this person because there is no value for anything that comes too easily. Ascending the mountain, we can be chauffeured in style, or claw our way through the back trails on foot. This person would not appreciate the view unless arriving scraped and bruised from the arduous climb. Let’s apply this to relationships. Imagine a woman attracted to the Tropidophora shell entering a club. A man approaches her who is immediately smitten, and begins extolling her virtues. Another man won’t give her the time of day. Since she has to earn the second man’s attention, this challenge increases its value. When the Tropidophora is involved, it is time to ask yourself these questions: “Can I value something if it is easy?” “ Would I be happy with someone instantly attracted to me?” “Would I value an item gifted to me if I didn’t have to work to pay for it?” “Can I accept something (an object, a job, love) if it is given freely, or must I struggle to feel I earned this?” If you are willing, the view from the top can be just as lovely, no matter what route you took to arrive there.

My question would be, if you could easily read someone, would it have as much value for you? If you have to struggle to connect with your intuition, does that somehow make you feel you have earned the right to be a good reader? This is not good or bad, just questions to see what hidden beliefs you hold that could be impacting your life. This is not a conscious thought,you can consiously think it would be great to do this easily, it is the subconsious thought, will it have value? That is what the Tropidophora is about.

shell oracle

Hi Kahlie, I noticed you are from Holland. I don’t know if this is helpful, but there is a Dutch version of Ocean Oracle called Schelpenorakel Wat schelpen onthullen over je ware aard. As for a place to view the cards, please let me copy something from the first thread when someone else asked this. It may be that we all need to consider the Angel Wing and Bittersweet clam at this time.

"The only place I know of to view some cards is on my website. www.oceanoracle.com This is the homepage of The Kaleidoscope, a metaphysical journal. If you click on the Chambered Nautilus shell in the upper right corner, it will take you to my website. On the right side of my home page, is a list of links. If you click on "book", you will see the book cover and a few cards with front and back views.
One is the Angel Wing and the other is the Bittersweet Clam. The meaning for the angel wing is feeling trapped. This is because, although the shell looks very delicate, Angel Wing clams can bore through clay and even rock to excavate a home. These customized tombs provide protection. Because of the time and effort involved in excavating these sanctuaries, the holes are very snug fits and restrict feedom of movement. If someone is attracted to this shell, it means that they may feel trapped, but it is possible that they are not seeing all the options.
The Bittersweet clam relates to someone who values efficiency. Almost all mollusks have copper-based blue blood. Bittersweets are one of the rare exceptions that have red blood, due to their iron-based hemoglobin. Iron is a much more efficient oxygen carrier, and it is quite the advantage in oxygen-poor environments where the Bittersweets dwell. Attraction to this shell indicates someone concerned with efficiency and who dislikes wasting time, money, energy, etc.

I am sorry, but other than these two cards on my website, I don't know where else there are card samples for you to view."

shell oracle

I do have some thoughts on the shells in the car accident. If you don’t mind, before I influence you with my thoughts on the 9 hole Abalone, let me ask elf for more details. Where did the Abalone break? Was it in several pieces,or broken in one section? I will be happy to share any insights I have on the shells involved, but would like to allow others to contribute their thoughts first. Abalones are master teachers. Since you were on your way to visit me, I think that this is an opportunity for all of us to learn and grow.