Problems with being an empath

Merenwen

memries said:
Shopping centers at Christmas.. oh my.. I know it is hard for everyone anyway. I go early and come home rapidly.
I used to love shopping when I was younger. Now, I can't stand the crowds. We've done almost all our shopping for Christmas, and I'm doing the last bits Saturday, very early. As long as I can leave before it gets so busy 'you can walk over the heads' (something my mum says, but very good to describe it). And if a lot of people crowd or bump me, I get 'ratty'. I can get really agitated just doing the weekly supermarket shop.

I've never thought of myself as an empath, but I'm definitely a highly sensitive person. Never have liked loud noise. I used to hate the 'trendy' music when I used to go to the nightclub with friends. I always though it was just taste and as I like chatting to people I preferred rooms where you could hold a conversation. Now I'm starting to think it might be more than taste and preference.

I also pick up on other peoples moods, but unconsciously. I have caught myself being in a bit of a dark mood, when there is no reason for it. But my colleague, who I've just spent the best part of an hour in a meeting with, or who sits next to me all day, they are absolutely mad, or overflowing with some other dark emotion. It's rare, especially since the 'Energy zapper' (thanks Dancing Bear) has moved desks, but it does happen. And I'm always picking up on my partners bad moods, often getting annoyed with him then. Poor man, it's not his fault, I think I just get his frustrations. And we're forever picking up each others aches and pains. And I mean physically feeling them, not just the virus like in flu or cold. But even with this, I'm not sure if I would call myself an empath. I certainly haven't experienced anything as dramatic as some of you have.

As to 'earth angels', I'm a Wise One according to Doreen Virtue, although I'm still not sure what that means to me. But when I first read her book on earth angels & wise ones, a lot of things did click.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling on now.