My 4 year old has past life memories!

obsidian_queen

Yesterday, during our nightly routine before bed, my son asked out of the blue, - "Do you remember? When we were little little little? You were a boy and I was a girl, and my hair was long like yours is now, and I liked to wear pretty earrings in my ears, and we weren't tall enough to reach the door?" I said yes, and he continued to tell me the most amazing story...some of it didn't make much sense, because I suppose, he is four, but some of it was fascinating because of the details he gave me. I was wondering if there is any kind of exercise that I could do to encourage him to remember, or tell me more? He's at the stage where he can't always tell dreams from reality, but I really don't feel this was a dream he had, and I don't want to confuse him by injecting my own speculations. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Amaya

That's very exciting that your son has had some memories coming back. If it was in detail I would say it's not a dream because when I was four I could hardly describe my own dreams.

But what I say you do from my opinion is ask him to tell you more about it, possibly say you want to hear more from the story he told you. I know when I was little I always loved to tell stories to my parents so possibly if you ask him to tell you a 'story' continued from what he told you. I would say so he doesn't make it up from where he left off try and ask him questions throughout his 'storytelling' and commenting on stuff he asks you things like "Yeah I remember that" or "Do you remember doing [insert something here]"

That's all from my own opinion though. Keep us updated on his memories if you are up to sharing more.

~Amaya-chan

starrystarrynight

I don't have any exercise or help to offer you; however, this jogged a childhood memory for me.

I can remember when we were kids, my younger sister sometimes railing at our mother saying things like, "Well, when I was the mother and you were the kid..." She said that more than once that I can remember, too, and at the time, we just laughed at her (she was very young...maybe four or five, I think.) But, now I wonder if it was more than just a child's imagination at work. I will have to ask my sister when I see her over the holidays if she remembers this at all.

Thanks for sharing O_Q. I hope someone comes along with some words of experience and wisdom here...

Milfoil

I guess the only thing I can think of is to gently ask your son about the story again then perhaps prompt more gentle questions but without leading the answers. Questions like, what did the house look like, was there a garden outside? Things like that which can lead on to more information which could be verified.

clarity

How fascinating! I would def. continue to encourage him to tell you more and do keep a journal. He'll be able to read it one day if he ever forgets.

celticnoodle

I agree with Milfoil. Not that I have any experience with this myself, but I do believe that the main reason young children forget about previous lives and such is because it's not acceptable to 'talk' of things. Children are often laughed at and thought to be 'pretending' or have an 'imaginary friend'.

So, don't ever laugh at his 'memories' or stories, and just gently bring things up to him. "Remember when you were telling me about how we were little together? Can you remember anything else of that time we were little together?" things like this. Get him to talk about it frequently and maybe he'll remember more and more as time goes on. I'd also get a journal and write this down so you can compare notes. Maybe even get him to draw a picture of what you both looked like, what the house you lived in looked like, etc. Save it all. Who knows, one day, it may trigger more. Even if it doesn't though, you're doing no harm with all this. It's also nice that you are comfortable enough with him to share this and possibly help him recall more! Good luck!

Milfoil said:
I guess the only thing I can think of is to gently ask your son about the story again then perhaps prompt more gentle questions but without leading the answers. Questions like, what did the house look like, was there a garden outside? Things like that which can lead on to more information which could be verified.

memries

One of my little granddaughters used to talk about her other family all the time. My daughter would just listen but be encouraging.
One night we were sitting around a campfire up North and the little girl said, "We did this all the time with my children. Where are they ?" She was about five at the time. We all felt so badly for her. Even now she is a different kind of child. My daughter always calls her, "her little bohemian child" very fondly. She just does not fit. A baby swan in the wrong pond like I was. Her birthday is the day after mine as well.

Neely75

I don't have any experience in this, my daughter is only 18 months old. I was going to suggest the journal too. Write it all down so that if he has an interest in it later, you can give it to him. I think it's really important for children to have someone that will take them seriously when they begin talking of these things, rather than being brushed off. Encourage him, it will give you a bond many don't have.

:)

EarthFaery

Wow! How exciting, you must be thrilled!
Have you ever visited Carol Bowmans website? She's an expert on childrens past lives, and has some incredible books, it's amazing and I think you'll find all the help and support you need there
here is the link if your intersted, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page there is a link for the sites forums
http://www.childpastlives.com/

One thing she says is not to push for information but to let it come out naturally and to keep a journal of everything he says so that maybe you can research who he was

I'm so excited for you!!!!!

Neely75

Oh SMV, good thinking. I've got Carol's site bookmarked on my computer but didn't think to mention it! It's a great source of information. :)