Heaven & Hell spread

ruski_svet

Or Light & Dark, Luke & Darth Vader, I just liked calling it Heaven & Hell. Something to help sort out your positive negative qualities, or the extremes of your personality. I'll have to dig out the reading I did with it, but for now, here it is.

************10*****12**************
*******8******4**5******14*******
*******6***2****1***3****7******
*******9****************15******
*************11****13**********

1. You, or any other meaning you hold for this place: why you're doing the spread, how all the cards come together, etc.
2. Light: The best, most positive side of you
3. Dark: The negative side, what brings you down
4. What causes Light to be brought out, what makes you happy and lets you grow
5. What brings you to the Dark Side. Like werewolves on a full moon.
6. What you need to let go of
7. What you need to embrace
8. Who is helping you
9. Who is hurting you
10. Uses your Light side has
11. Uses your Dark side has ('cause claws can come in handy)
12. How your Light side hurts you
13. How your Dark side hurts you
14. What other Light/positive qualities you will develop
15. What other Dark/negative qualities you will develop

shininglion

ruski_svet,

I very much like this spread. Did you make it yourself?

Anyway, a few comments I have about it. First off, I am a firm believer in life being millions of shades of gray and hardly ever black and white, BUT, this spread is perfect for singling out the pure white and the pitch black that mix together to make each and every one of those tones, so in that respect, I reaaaaaaaaally like this spread.

The concept is great, the questions the card adresses are equally as great, but the ONE thing that bothers me is the layout!

I was trying to find a symmetry to it, cuz to me, seeing dark on one side and light on the other, with a definate divider or middle to it would really help in remembering the meanings of the cards. (e.g. light-left, dark-right... or light-top, dark-bottom) At first I couldn't really see how this layout was constructed in regards to card meaning, so I took the spread and pasted it into wordpad and read each meaning, changing the numbers in the layout to blue for cards that deal with the light side, and red for cards that deal with dark.

When I had done them all, I didn't really seem to see a definate symmetry! I suppose it's not absolutely necessary, but to me it would be very helpful!

So what is the source for this spread? Is it kinda set in stone, or is it something you created and could maybe alter a little bit to be more easy to interpret?

OR is it already totally symmetrical and I am just not seeing it?

In any case. I really like this spread. Very well done!

Regards,

shininglion

Okay, by all means, I hope this is not a breach of ettiquite! But I have just been playing with this spread a little and decided to re-arrange the card numbers and meanings in a way that really helps me out. I'm not trying to make this spread my own, just trying to make it easier for personal use, so I hope that's okay. Apologies in advance if I'm overstepping any boundaries. Here we go:

********10*****11**********
***8******4***5*******9****
***6***2****1****3****7****
***12****************13****
********14*****15**********

1. You: why you're doing the spread, how all the cards come together, etc.
2. Light: The best, most positive side of you
3. Dark: The negative side, what brings you down
4. What causes Light to be brought out, what makes you happy and lets you grow
5. What brings you to the Dark Side. Like werewolves on a full moon.
6. What you need to embrace
7. What you need to let go of
8. Who is helping you
9. Who is hurting you
10. Uses your Light side has
11. Uses your Dark side has ('cause claws can come in handy)
12. How your Light side hurts you
13. How your Dark side hurts you
14. What other Light/positive qualities you will develop
15. What other Dark/negative qualities you will develop

With this layout all of the light cards are to the left and all of the dark cards are to the right, and each respective matter is opposite its counterpart.

Also, from a numerological standpoint, the evens are on the light side (tending to be stable and balanced matters), while the odd numbers are on the dark side (uneven, unbalanced, weighty matters)

That's just how I had to lay it out to help me. What do you think about this approach? In any case, I am really diggin this spread, gonna try it out right away!

Thanks for posting it ruski_svet!

ruski_svet

Hey lion.wings. By all means, change whatever you want to make it work for you. I wanted something that helps you figure out what's going on with yourself. I also like your layout, might change the one I put in my layout book. Hope you enjoy it.

celticnoodle

looks very interesting, can't wait to try it! very good both of you for the spread!

krysia322

You know...

It would be simple just to have the "Heaven" portion on top and the "Hell" portion on the bottom, seeing as heaven is generally considered to be "up above" and hell is generally considered to be "down below".

;) LOL...

Very neat spread, BTW.

ruski_svet

Yeah, krysia, I guess this spread can be changed depending on how you see it. I was going to mention the "as above, so below" deal.

Emms

I like the complexity...hell has many levels & the road to heaven isn't exactly smooth....
Great Spread... will be using this i think!

Gemini Rising

Very interesting spread...I love ones that especially let me learn more about myself, even though sometimes the cards don't tell me things (or maybe I'm just not listening?). I'm going to try it tonight and see how it goes!