Your 3 favorites spreads

TheOld

So what's your 3 favorites spread that you use all the times (3 a good number no hehe), favorites things can give good tips for beginner.
for me it's
1- Celtic cross
2- Umbrea *Seven Card Horseshoe (thanks umbrea)
3- 3 card past-present-futur

so what are they for you ?

Love, Light & Power
Omeada

Annabelle

For me it would have to be:

1. 3 cards ~ Past, Present, Future

2. 5 cards ~ Situation/Concern, What Will Help You, What Will Hinder You, Advice, Possible Outcome

3. 5 to 7 cards ~ No positional meanings, just read in relationship to each other and to the question at hand

While I've learned to do a Celtic Cross spread, it's still not my favorite . . . sometimes I get more information out of just a few cards than I can out of 10 cards.

stonepsycho

I wish i had three! Im only new at this, so im sticking to past-present-future ones, until i've grasped the concepts of some others

huredriel

For me, the top three would have to be:

1. Celtic Cross
2. Umbrae's relationship spread (not that I totally understand it!)
3. 3 cards - Situation, blockage, advice

WhiteRaven

For the most part.....I would say 95% of the time...it's a 5-7 card spread with no positions...

after that...it would be the Eclipse Spread and Umbrae's relationship spread.

psychicbody

Have not had to use many spreads, so three would cover almost all that I do use :p

- The classic Past/Present/Future
- My own "Elemental" spread
- And a 4 card spread, which is a general overview of a situation.

cormac

i do a 3-card spread daily but read them "head, heart, hands" as someone suggested once (i'm sorry i've forgotten who contributed this variation -- but thanks again -- very nice daily spread for me :) )

other than that i really like:
Tempest in a Teacup spread as posted by cjtarot -- http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=14788&highlight=tempest

and i've really started to recently like the Churchyard Spread posteed by destinyawaitsme -- we used it in the circle of three recently and i had a very good experience with it :) --
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7869

michellemd

Spread 1 : I like a short version of the Celtic Cross which goes like this :
1. Situation / Querant
2. Cross Card (put over the 1st Card like in the normal Celtic Cross) - what goes against or in favour of the querent
3. Past
4. Present
5. Immediate Future
6. Distant Future / Outcome
7. Card drawn for time
Positions are as per the original Celtic Cross, only here there are 6 cards for interpretation plus one for timing.

Spread 2 : Past - Present - Future

Spread 3 : Nature of problem - Cause of problem - Solution to problem

pretty.in.tears

I learnt this spread from a professional that did a reading for me once:
1---2---3---4---5---6---7
8---9--10--11--12--13--14
15-16--17--18--19--20--21

1, 8, 15- self image
2, 9, 16- family*
3, 10, 17- friends*
4, 11, 18- love/intimate relationships*
5, 12, 19- hopes/dreams/wishes/fears
6, 13, 20- near future
7, 14, 21- distant future

*these three can be interchangable, putting the collumn that means most to you/affects you the strongest closest to your self-image, and the least, farthest

I can't remeber her name, but she's the owner of Serenity (a spiritual store in my neighbourhood). I find this reading very helpful in almost any situation, and because three cards are being used in each column, it also looks at things in-depth enough that you're not left second guessing anything (as some spreads sometimes leave me).

I also really like the 3 card spread and the mirror relationship spread. I can't remember where I first learnt the mirror relationship spread...but I've seen many different versions of it since then, so I can't really source anyone for it, sorry. :S

AndreaM

pretty.in.tears said:
I learnt this spread from a professional that did a reading for me once:
1---2---3---4---5---6---7
8---9--10--11--12--13--14
15-16--17--18--19--20--21

1, 8, 15- self image
2, 9, 16- family*
3, 10, 17- friends*
4, 11, 18- love/intimate relationships*
5, 12, 19- hopes/dreams/wishes/fears
6, 13, 20- near future
7, 14, 21- distant future

*these three can be interchangable, putting the collumn that means most to you/affects you the strongest closest to your self-image, and the least, farthest . I can't remeber her name, but she's the owner of Serenity (a spiritual store in my neighbourhood).
I quite like this spread - I'm going to call it "The Seven Column Serenity" in my files, since it has no name and I like alliteration.

My three favorites at the moment:

The Elemental Pentacle from Tarot Moon, Lark's Daily Five (which I got from the forums here), and one I kind of invented.

It's called "Six Honest Serving Men" which is from a poem by Rudyard Kipling.
I keep six honest serving-men
(They taught me all I knew);
Their names are What and Why and When
And How and Where and Who.
Journalists use these 6 questions in articles, so I just pull 6 cards and assign each one to one of What, Why, When, How, Where and Who.