Your 3 favorites spreads

stonepsycho

AndreaM said:
I quite like this spread - I'm going to call it "The Seven Column Serenity" in my files, since it has no name and I like alliteration.

My three favorites at the moment:

The Elemental Pentacle from Tarot Moon, Lark's Daily Five (which I got from the forums here), and one I kind of invented.

It's called "Six Honest Serving Men" which is from a poem by Rudyard Kipling. Journalists use these 6 questions in articles, so I just pull 6 cards and assign each one to one of What, Why, When, How, Where and Who.

I just added all of those to my journal, there great! Especially the six honest serving men one. Thanks for sharing

pepperi

I have so many but......

Okay I usually pick the spread dependent on the question.
1.The Wineglass Spread/specific situations also for worries and fears/9 cards
2.Marriage Spread/spread that includes both partners/10 cards
3.Tree of Life Spread or Spiritual Aspiration/ Both deals with of course spiritual matters/10 cards and 7 cards

magela_earth

1. Celtic Cross
2. Yes/No
3. Analyse It (see below)

Though butterfly's "either/or" or was it "make a choice" spread is really growing on me a lot. I often look for reasons to use it.

My Analyse spread

********** [4]**********
**[1]****[5]**[6]****[7]**
[2]**[3]**********[8]**[9]

1. Present Situation
2. How you feel about it
3. How you should feel about it

4. How you'd like things to be
5. How you feel about that
6. How you should feel about that

7. How things will be (outcome)
8. How you feel about that
9. How you should feel about that

hmm, should I post this somewhere else??? well, if I hear I should, then I'll move it.

pepperi

I have that spread also

pretty.in.tears said:
I learnt this spread from a professional that did a reading for me once:
1---2---3---4---5---6---7
8---9--10--11--12--13--14
15-16--17--18--19--20--21

1, 8, 15- self image
2, 9, 16- family*
3, 10, 17- friends*
4, 11, 18- love/intimate relationships*
5, 12, 19- hopes/dreams/wishes/fears
6, 13, 20- near future
7, 14, 21- distant future

*these three can be interchangable, putting the collumn that means most to you/affects you the strongest closest to your self-image, and the least, farthest

I can't remeber her name, but she's the owner of Serenity (a spiritual store in my neighbourhood). I find this reading very helpful in almost any situation, and because three cards are being used in each column, it also looks at things in-depth enough that you're not left second guessing anything (as some spreads sometimes leave me).

I also really like the 3 card spread and the mirror relationship spread. I can't remember where I first learnt the mirror relationship spread...but I've seen many different versions of it since then, so I can't really source anyone for it, sorry. :S
The reader used a gypsy spread very kewl one also

Moonbow

My three favourites:

The three card spread (in any form and sometimes doubled up :))

The open spread, in other words... no spread and just read them without positions

The Pyramid Spread. I can't find this in the Index but I'm sure it must be there. It's a good spread when reading for others because it can be used for general issues and uses 10 cards (like the CC, but unlike the CC the positions are easy to remember):

First row = The issue
Second row = The choices about the issue
Third row = Underlying forces
Fourth row = Advice from the cards

PhantomAH

Mine is:

Issue-

Action-

Outcome-

shininglion

What is your favorite spread?

I think I have two favorites.

1) The Horeseshoe spread. This one seems very straightforward about answering a question. It's only 7 cards so its more succinct than some larger spreads. It doesn't require much room to lay out, and it handles both important and mundane situations rather well.

2) The 4 Door Spread. This is the one that Miss Cleo used a lot. I like it a lot because it also takes up minimal space, but the reason i like it most is that there are no card positions, which makes the reading chronological and gives the reader more leverage over how to interpret the cards. The only downside is that I'd consider it a pretty advanced spread, as it takes good knowledge of the cards to be able to read them in that manner.

How about everyone else? What spreads do you like the most?

Bridget

The spreads I use most are:

1. an all-purpose 3-card spread without positions that I then read in whatever way makes the most sense with the given cards

2. Rachel Pollack's Work Cycle

3. the Chalice spread, which is a 5-card relationship spread

And that's it, really. I almost never use the Celtic Cross, and I don't know a lot of other spreads. I'm looking forward to trying some I've found here.

MysticTree

My three most used are

1. Maiden / Mother / Crone (3-card)
2. The Elements (4-card)
3. The Lunar Month (4 - card)

My favorites are the more complicated spreads I've created for something specail, but those don't get the use the above do.

MysticTree