Cranky job search spread

Persephone37

Okay, here is a spread I did for a client to ask about getting a job which was supposed to be recommended by the exboss. The client complained I was totally off and now I am wondering if I just didn't understand what he/she was asking me or if the spread was somewhat cranky. Please let me know what you think about the spread itself and if it is valuable at all:

1. your current situation

2. your ex bosses feelings toward you

3. what did your ex boss do regarding his promise to you

4. what is your ex boss going to do regarding his promise to you

5. What are your ex boss colleagues think about your resume

6. What are these colleagues are going to do concerning your resume

7. Whom should you ask for advice

8. Whom shouldn't you ask for advice

9. Obstacles in the way

10. What can you do to remove these obstacles

11. possible outcome

SaMoon912

I don't think it was cranky. I find it a useful spread. I may print this out and use it for myself. It would be a good "networking" spread :)

Persephone37

Cool! I am glad. Thank you for your feedback and good luck with using it! :D

zannamarie

Persephone,

The first thing that jumps out at me is that you mention the spread is about getting a job but I don't see a job mentioned.

I'm presuming that the boss was going to recommend this person for a job?

What a colleague thinks or does with a resume may or may not have relevance on getting an interview or a job. The resume may look great and they may love your client but conditions outside of their control could dictate whether an offer could be made or not.

The spread seems focused on issues that are peripheral to the crux of what this person really wanted to know, ie. what should they do to improve their chances of getting the job.

Those are my thoughts.

Persephone37

Thank you for your feedback. There were circumstances in the querrents background story which might have lead me on a side track, thats something I agree with. The details were confidential so I can't explain in detail why I asked this way. This spread was customized to this querrent, or at least it was supposed to be. I can't say that I wouldn't do it another time, though. The other spreads I customized reflected the other querrents needs, just this one was gone completely off for some strange reason.

I can't agree that I didn't ask for what the querrent could do. Actually

7. Whom should you ask for advice
8. Whom shouldn't you ask for advice
9. Obstacles in the way
10. What can you do to remove these obstacles

refere to what the querrent should do and could do and there is also

11. possible outcome

There are Job spreads with not more than that at all working fine. I start to wonder if just the outcome was so unpleasant to the querrent that he rejected it immediatly and repulsively. In fact, he wasn't even trying to give detailed feedback, though.

zannamarie

Persephone37 said:
I can't agree that I didn't ask for what the querrent could do. Actually
That's true you did. What stuck in my mind when responding was cards 2-6 which seem peripheral. And 5 of 11 cards is a pretty high percentage. But as you say, it was specific to the question so that could well have been appropriate. You are the best one to make that decision. :)

Persephone37

Thank you. :)