Wheel Crossed with Empress

Tryska

for the core of a reading on where someone's head is.

Can someone give me a good way to tie those two together?

I tried to clarify if the Empress stood for a person - but a yes/no gave me a negative response - that it wasn't a person.

seems like something pretty major, but i can't quite put my finger on what. *lol*

Thirteen

Does feel major, those two together. The Empress can be about growth and develoment, like tending to a garden, bringing things to fruition. She indicates patience and creativity, nursing a young project until it can leave the nest.

Given this with the Wheel--about luck, expansion and change--I would say that some small project or business or new venture, if nursed and cared for, can become something major. It might not appear so now, but whatever creative idea (or whatever) is starting, it's going to make everything different. It's going to turn the wheel.

I'll give you an example. Think of the "Harry Potter" stories. A woman tells these stories to her kids. That's how they start, very small, nothing special. Then she writes them down. Then she tries to get them published. They come out as a book...again, nothing special. Just another kids' book...but once they hit the readers, it takes off. It grows and grows and grows....

Until suddenly it's weight is making that huge, creaky wheel turn. That one little book changing the whole book market. Not just kids books, but best sellers lists, publishing. This little thing, that seemed like nothing, has turned the wheel in a big way.

I think your person's "head" is on the verge of a major "turn of the wheel." Something very small, if nurtured and encouraged to grow, could really transform their whole way of thinking, and bring them up from low to high. So like the Empress, they must take some small creative way of thinking and tend to it. Even if they think it's nothing. Because if it's allowed to become what it could become, it will make a huge difference.

Tryska

you always have the best explanations for cards Thirteen!

so let's see - the seed of something has taken, and if nurtured and tended to, can snowball into something life-changing in the fullness of time.

is that about right? The Harry Potter analogy is excellent.

my thing lately has been trying to make cohesive stories out of pairings. I've jsut started, and it's definitely difficult. especially with cards that i'm not intimate with (eg the Wheel).

Thirteen

Tryska said:
yso let's see - the seed of something has taken, and if nurtured and tended to, can snowball into something life-changing in the fullness of time.

is that about right?
That's be my take on it. I'd add that whatever it is, it's something that the person cares about and loves--the Empress has that feel. It's not, as with say, the 9/wands, something you're likely to give up on or walk away from. But you might not feel it's going to grow into much and so you may hide it away and coddle it (again, with the Harry Potter analogy--she might have kept these stories for her kids only, never writing them down or trying to publish them).

The Empress/Wheel combo, to me, says, love it, be patient, and don't be afraid to let it grow as it needs to grow. It'll really make a difference.

Tryska

it's interesting you say that, Thirteen. 9 of wands was in the "past" position (celtic cross)

perhaps soemthing they thought they would walk away from, but found it not to be so, or walked into from whatever they left behind?

interestingly in the near future position was a 6 of swords.

that particular line seems to be about endings and new beginnings and removing that which no longer serves you.

I did this last night and don't have my notes, but the only other ones i remember distinctly were 2 of pentacles at the root - which seems to be about keeping your balance - especially in light of what you said about thinking it's not a big deal, perhaps weighing whether it is or not - because intuitively you feel it might be.

the other one was queen of pents as the outcome - it seemed at the time liek the queen of pents was a stand-in for the empress that was the cross.

that's why i was motivated to clarify whether it was a person or not, both for the mepress and the queen of pents, and i was told no on both counts - so I guess the outcome is embracing that Empress nurturing spirit.

Mellifluous

I'd also say a turn towards what is beautiful, perhaps to focusing on the beauty in life.

Lovely combination.

Tryska

yeah i'm thinking it's beautiful too.

i'm going to try this reading again tonight.