Tarot Tells The Tale "THE 5 D's"

Alpha-Omega

I was wondering IF anyone has Tarot Tells The Tale, and if they can tell me what it says about Reversales, The 5 d's. I plan on Buying the book soon, Just courious before I buy.

RaeBelle

I just flipped through the book (I haven't read it yet). But there is a bit on the 5 D's in the first chapter. What kind of info are you looking for? What they are? When to choice which?

Alpha-Omega

Oh Please can you tell me what the 5 D's Are. If you are able A Scan would be nice if you can do that. Thank you very much

RaeBelle

I shortened it up a bit (I need to get to bed) but the 5 D's are there!

From page 23 of my copy

* Diminution of the "original" effect or energy of the card.
* Delay of the "original" effect
* Denial that something is going on or that it is a problem in your life
* Dark Side of the "original" meaning
* Direction of the "original" meaning is reversed

Umbrae

I highly recommend the book – it’s brilliant! One of the three best tarot books ever written.

Alpha-Omega

RaeBelle said:
I shortened it up a bit (I need to get to bed) but the 5 D's are there!

From page 23 of my copy

* Diminution of the "original" effect or energy of the card.
* Delay of the "original" effect
* Denial that something is going on or that it is a problem in your life
* Dark Side of the "original" meaning
* Direction of the "original" meaning is reversed

Thank you very much

rebecca-smiles

Umbrae said:
I highly recommend the book – it’s brilliant! One of the three best tarot books ever written.

And the other two?

minotaur

Tarot Tells the Tale

Umbrae, do you know of his other two books (all I know of)?

One is a collection of his earlier columns and the other was on spreads and published by Llewellyn.

I thought the collection of his earlier columns was on a similar quality of Tarot Tells the Tale. I haven't got into the book on spreads.

What do you think?

aquanesha

Umbrae said:

I think Umbrae was talking about his own personal opinion of the three best tarot books.

I am curious to know what the other two are myself.

Grizabella

There's Tarot: Get the Whole Story about making your own spreads. It's the sequel to Tarot Tells the Tale.