virgin mary dream

BrightEye

this is the second time i dreamt about the virgin mary (first time was when she appeared as our lady of perpetual help).

In last night's dream the virgin was the same disembodied entity as in the first dream, she had no face and no body and she was floating, but this time her robes were white and light blue. she spooked me a little in this dream, i don't know why.

i don't remember an awful lot - almost as if i found it hard to stay awake in the dream. at one point i was even in my bed and waking up to find the virgin kneeling by my bed side. that spooked me too but again i don't know why. i was inside a large cathedral, which was incredibly tall and very dark inside and outside.

then there is a little girl. she's Indian. i hear the words 'mother teresa', and the girl is wearing the blue and white robes of mother teresa. she enters the church and then kneels in front of the virgin and as she does so she draws a veil over her hair. the veil is bright blue. there seems to be an obvious parallel between the girl and the virgin, almost as if the girl is the flesh-and-blood version of the floating virgin (which is another parallel to the previous dream).

the dream ends with the virgin introducing the girl to me. i'm less afraid of the virgin then. i find this a very strange dream, but there are familiar images from other dreams, the ones i;ve mentioned as well as the church, which appeared in my recent hierophant dream. if anyone has any ideas about this, i'd be very grateful.

memries

How are you feeling ? Are you in awe or is your heart full of love for these sacred beings appearing to you ?

I kind of think the part of the dream about the little girl being the manifestation of Mary in this life explains itself. I believe she probably was that truly. The blue veil may represent the color of holiness being drawn over her.

I am trying to help you I just cannot get the direction of the dream as yet.

BrightEye

memries said:
How are you feeling ? Are you in awe or is your heart full of love for these sacred beings appearing to you ?
it was neither awe nor love, which it would usually have been, but something like fear and unease (very out of character with my other dreams), except for the last bit when the virgin introduced the girl to me.

memries said:
I kind of think the part of the dream about the little girl being the manifestation of Mary in this life explains itself. I believe she probably was that truly. The blue veil may represent the color of holiness being drawn over her.
if she is, i have yet to meet her. for a lot of different reasons i wouldn't be surprised if the dream was prophetic.

Tarotphelia

Well, at least you didn't kill the Virgin Mary , lol !!

The sense I get from this dream is about modeling ideals for a child . In the church and religious families , little girls are given the Virgin and Mother Theresa as models for behavior , self sacrifice , spiritual development , etc.

You uneasiness could be expressing that you are not sure you want to follow that path for yourself . On the other hand , the dream could be communicating something deep within you that really does desire to be of service to others and lead a saintly , holy life . Making a choice to do that could cause it's own uneasiness too .

BrightEye

Dark Inquisitor said:
Well, at least you didn't kill the Virgin Mary , lol !!
ha ha - i'd never do that. she's a woman!

Dark Inquisitor said:
The sense I get from this dream is about modeling ideals for a child . In the church and religious families , little girls are given the Virgin and Mother Theresa as models for behavior , self sacrifice , spiritual development , etc.
i think i'm beginning to understand what this dream is trying to tell me. it's private - i'm not saying.

Dark Inquisitor said:
You uneasiness could be expressing that you are not sure you want to follow that path for yourself . On the other hand , the dream could be communicating something deep within you that really does desire to be of service to others and lead a saintly , holy life . Making a choice to do that could cause it's own uneasiness too .
for some reason i can't get that leonard cohen song about the sisters of mercy out of my head. who are the sisters of mercy?

BrightEye

sisters of mercy!

this is what i found when i googled it: "The Congregation of the Sisters of Mercy is a Catholic Religious Women's Congregation. Catherine McAuley founded the Sisters of Mercy in 1831 in Dublin, Ireland. Her aim at that time was to 'care for the poor, sick and ignorant'." Dublin of all places - i live right in the heart of Dublin.

memries

I was thinking of Mother Theresa, the one who cared for the sick and dying poor in India. She must have been a dark colored child as she was Indian after all.

BrightEye

memries said:
I was thinking of Mother Theresa, the one who cared for the sick and dying poor in India. She must have been a dark colored child as she was Indian after all.
was she? if she was, it would make sense. but why would i dream about her? she doesn't mean much to me in waking life.

memries

She has passed on now but was revered the world over and has branches in many countries. I am sure if you Google they will all come up.
There must be a message in it all somewhere for you.
The fact that you would dream of such a contemporary person. Think she is blessed now on the way to Sainthood and only died a few years ago.. not sure of the date. Maybe something from her childhood ?

celticnoodle

Mother Theresa was also known as "Angel of Mercy". she lived from 1910-1997 & she founded the order of Missionaries of Charity in the 1950's. She has won the Nobel Peace Prize once. I think she is Blessed right now---the final step before becoming a saint in the catholic faith. However, she may have already achieved status as a saint, I'm just not sure. She is a very interesting woman to read about. And, if ever a saint there was---she is it! I recommend getting a book on her to read of her---she's extrordinary.

As for the Sister's of Mercy. Yes, they were founded in Dublin, Ireland. They are also a group dedicated to helping the poor, the sick & elderly & the needy, (just like Mother Theresa) and also in education. I believe the school I went to was run by this organization of nuns in my early educational years. They live in poverty and are very active within the community they live in, as well as outside their communities.