Dreams - in colour / black and white / wierd (split fromThe Bifrost Tarot by Jeremy Lampkin)

Lillie

Yes.

I really did have a dream with them eyes in it.

Sadly I'm a bit vague about the rest of the dream, or the context, or anything.
You know how it is after a dream, you are just left with vague impressions.

But Like I said, I thought I saw something in one of the eyes.
The dream was about that, in the dream I knew what it was, and the eyes were looking at me.

That's about all I recall.

I have some dead weird dreams, so this one is no surprise really.

rogue

That's too bad you can't remember what you saw in the eyes Lillie. Maybe it will come back to you when you are brushing your teeth or shaving or doing something when you least expect it. If it does, then remember to let me know about it. What do you think this picture means?

Lillie

I'm a bit weirded out that you think I need to shave in the morning.....

I remember what I saw in the eye.

It was a woman, surrounded by flames, at the top of the eye on the right.

It's the dream I don't remember well, but it was something to do with that.

Now, let me tell you about the dream I had where Debbie Harry was helping me escape from the people that wanted to lock me in the nut house.

She was cool, she gave me a leg up through the window of some public toilets in Dudley.

Told you I had weird dreams.

Now about this shaving business.
You might.
I don't.

I find it to be very unladylike in a woman. It ;leaves stubble.
It's far better to pluck.

rogue

You make me laugh Lillie. I was thinking more along the lines of legs than face. Do you consider shaving your legs unladylike too I wonder? Or are you saying you prefer the hot wax? You know how shaving or brushing your teeth, or routine tasks like that can induce day-dreamy hypnotic states where your dreams start floating to the surface of your mind. That dream about Debbie Harry seems similar to some of mine, but backwards. Like one where I broke into a mall/prison or nuthouse type institution and distributed goods to the inmates right after I escaped from a formal dinner date where I was eating my silverware instead of the food. Yeah, I have weird dreams too. I think we all do, but a lot of people have trouble remembering them. I write my dreams down, because they can be prophetic when they are really weird and symbolic, and not just totally random. I find the two best oracles are dreams and tarot.

sacredashes

lampkin said:
Like one where I broke into a mall/prison or nuthouse type institution and distributed goods to the inmates right after I escaped from a formal dinner date where I was eating my silverware instead of the food. Yeah, I have weird dreams too. I think we all do, but a lot of people have trouble remembering them. I write my dreams down, because they can be prophetic when they are really weird and symbolic, and not just totally random. I find the two best oracles are dreams and tarot.

This dream sounded funny and at the same time I do feel that you are a giving soul, Jeremy. Sometimes at the expense of your personal good but then, those who are able to make personal sacrifices are also the ones who get hurt the most. :)

I know I dream in colors although I have heard that's not possible??!!

Once I dreamt I was flying on a wooden gadget, looked too flimsy to be safe but I remembered when I realized how silly it looked, I couldn't get it off the ground anymore so I was hopping on it like a chicken trying to fly. But my personal favorite dreams are the ones where I see the most amazing lakes and oceans.

When someone (I think it was a cousin of mine) told me it was impossible to dream in colors, that we all dream in black and white, I felt like a total freak.

Ash

Sidhe-Ra

I dream in colour too, Ash :)

I remember as a child being told that we dream in black and white and purposefully dreaming of a snooker table so i could be sure I remembered seeing all the colours!

Blessings,

Em xx

Lillie

I dream in colour too.
I have heard the black and white thing, but I have never met anyone who has said that it's true for them.

I have also heard that if you die in your dream you die in reality.

Well, how would anyone know that?
Anyone it had happened too would be in no position to report.

And it's not true for me, becaause I had a dream where i was running from a serial killer who was after me, and he caught me (in some toilets, again!!!)
And then he grabbed my hair from behind, and pulled my head back, put a gun against the crown of my head and pulled the trigger.

I felt that bullet go in.
It didn't hurt, ther was no pain, but it was the strangest feeling.
And I died, in my dream.

And I went to 'heaven', which was this really bleak childrens playground, with these depressing climbing frames all painted white, and surrounded by these concrete slabs, with this bitter wind whistling around the place.

And God spoke to me and told me I had to go back to get revenge on the person who killed me.

So, I went back, and now I was hunting for him.

I didn't catch him though, I woke up.

It was one of those dreams that really stick in your mind.
It was a long time ago, but I still remember it really clearly.
It spooked me a bit.

I have died in other dreams too, but none as impressive as that.

rogue

One thing I'm positive about is that we don't dream in black and white. That wouldn't fool anybody for a second, and a lot of dreams are very realistic. I wonder who started that one, and to what end. I never died in a dream, but I do recall being chased being a recurring theme for me for a while, and I was practically running in place. Now it seems to be fight rather than flight when that kind of dream comes up. For years I've had recurring dreams about schools. Often I dream of a mall/prison institution. I've dreamed about eating the silverware instead of the food a few different times at least. I've even dreamed I was Captain Picard on multiple occasions. All of these dreams are in colour. Once in a while I'll have a dream where I'm in complete control of everything, but then it gets boring so I give up that control in exchange for entertainment.

rogue

Thank you for moving our somewhat off-topic dream conversation to the right place Sulis. Dream interpretation is one of my favorite subjects.

Lillie

Ummmm.

Didn't know I was going to get credited with the whole thread thing....

Dreams are just weird.
I don't think they mean anything much generally.

I dream something weird, and that's all it is, weird dream. Didn't mean nothing.

Now, Who wants to hear about the ones where the demons come and torture me???