The Last Troubadour

Bonnie

Ladies & Gentlemen:

I have just had the emormous luck of having "The Last Troubadour - Song of Montsegur", by Derek Armstrong, cross my path. The key to this book ... at least in the eyes of most Tarotists, is that Armstrong has chosen to model his major characters after Tarot archetypes. His writing is superb, and his characters full blooded people, not two dimensional works of art on paper.

The setting for the novel is 13th century Europe, in the city of Carcassonne. The plot is one of cunning and intrigue. Part humor, history, part mystery, this rowdy, bawdy book is a marvelous read!

The cast of characters includes young Ramon Troubadour, who is on a quest to rescue the Silver Dame ... the holy Dame of the Cathars, in order to stop a war and rescue a holy relic, of which the Dame has knowledge. Her nemesis ... the Inquisition, a Pope on his deathbed who literally employs Death in the form of the Diableteur to put the holy relic in his hands, and two monks, who have their own agenda to ascend to the holy throne.

Along for the ride are an albino witch, a one eyed Knight, and a dancing horse. My review of this book can be seen here: www.aeclectic.net/tarot/books/last-troubadour/

Enjoy!

Blessings,
Bonnie

Troubadour

Thank you Bonnie for a great review! Sales in the last couple days have soared. I wonder if it was your wonderful review. I am delighted my creative flight into Tarot archetypes worked for you. Your opinion means a lot to me. Thank you!

firemaiden

Oh too cool! Thank you Bonnie for the review, Troubadour thank you for appearing out of nowhere :)

6 Haunted Days

Yes, I really want this book! Everything about it comes together to make it exactly what I look for in fiction, with the RARE and exciting additive of the Tarot :). It can't get any better.

I so so wish this had been available for sale when I had my bday Amazon gift certificate, now I will have to wait months for it (with my accident/surgery I'm not working=broke)! :(

Miss 6

Mariana

I've just ordered a copy...

Bonnie

Hello!

Troubadour said:
Thank you Bonnie for a great review! Sales in the last couple days have soared. I wonder if it was your wonderful review. I am delighted my creative flight into Tarot archetypes worked for you. Your opinion means a lot to me. Thank you!

Derek:

How nice of you to stop by! I lvoed your book, and look forward to the next two. Is it a done deal that a deck will be making its appearance with your next installment? I really look forward to the book and the deck!

Blessings,
Bonnie

Bonnie

Christmas Wish List!

6 Haunted Days said:
Yes, I really want this book! Everything about it comes together to make it exactly what I look for in fiction, with the RARE and exciting additive of the Tarot :). It can't get any better.

I so so wish this had been available for sale when I had my bday Amazon gift certificate, now I will have to wait months for it (with my accident/surgery I'm not working=broke)! :(

Miss 6

Miss 6:

You will love this book! Christmas is coming up ... put it on your wish list! :)

Blessings,
Bonnie

Bonnie

Book Ordered!

Mariana said:
I've just ordered a copy...

Mariana:

Let us know what you think of this book once you get it. There is so much of everything here ... and very well written!

Blessings,
Bonnie

Troubadour

Hi Bonnie -- a done deal as far as myself and the artist go. The publisher is a go, and Kam's art work is stunning. Printing is the remaining element. They want to do gilt edges and a beautiful re-usable box with a perfect bound book (on a par with, for example, Kat Black's Golden for production values) but still want the price to be in the range of a "normal-priced" Tarot deck. It's not a question of "if" as much as a "will it make it on time for the fall release of book 2?" A heroic quest in its own right! Best,

Troubadour

Dear Mariana,

Thank you so much. I hope you'll let me know your impressions after the read! Best,