Wang's Qabalistic Tarot - new edition

Lee

Robert Wang has informed me that the new, revised, hardcover edition of his popular book, Qabalistic Tarot, is now available. It's self-published (the original was published by Weiser), and only available on his website:

http://www.marcusaureliuspress.com/

-- Lee

HOLMES

thanks

i sent an email asking what differnces would be between the original and new edition,

i also sent some further questions such as
hello mr wang,

my name is donald edwin lockyer, my english isnt' that good however i have been trying to do your 34 week course outline from my handbook to understand your tarot cards. a friend has sent me your jungian tarot and its archtypal imagery which should be here soon,

1. do you still offer your master tarot interpater course ? and if so what would it entiail

2. how much more has your qabalstic tarot been revised ,, is it just a chapter , or rewritten that it is almost a new book? (i have your original )

3. are you planning an astrology book for your jungian tarot which would help the people to understand the astrology correspondances more.

4. i have heard that you are doing another book to your jungian tarot,, would that focus on your minors and court cards more ?

5. can the jungian tarot work with the qabalistic tarot book or is it a differnt beast,

and a ps
i have heard that your new edition smells really bad and is paper thin , you should look into that for any new editions

Fulgour

"The Qabalistic Tarot: A Textbook of Mystical Philosophy"
is going second hand over on Amazon for up to $74.00
But now a new revised copy may be had for only $39.95
Just think, a person could get both for $113.95 plus S&H.

Rusty Neon

Re: thanks

HOLMES said:
i sent an email asking what differnces would be between the original and new edition,

Holmes ... I too am curious about the differences between the two editions. Please keep us posted when you hear from Robert Wang. Thanks.

HOLMES

their response

"Mr. DeLock:

Dr. Wang is not currently available, but we can answer your questions.

The tarot course is no longer being offered. It was discontinued some years ago.

The new version of the Qabalistic Tarot is now being sold (only) at http://www.marcusaureliuspress.com/. The hard-cover text has been corrected overall, and it has been redesigned and the Hebrew completely reset. Of course this book can be used with the Jungian Tarot deck which has no titles so that you can choose your own system. Another book which you mention, The Jungian Tarot and Its Archetypal Imagery is also available for worldwide sales on this site. We add 25% for shipping to Canada on any of our books.

Volume three of the Jungian Tarot series deals with divination and astrology. It is in preparation.

You are correct that when the decks of the Jungian Tarot arrived from Hong Kong they had a peculiar smell. We have no idea why this was the case, but it disappeared in our warehouse. You are also correct that the box was unexpectedly thin, although the cards were the same weight as those originally printed in Switzerland.

Hopefully any other information which you need will be found on our web site. If not, let us know."

i think according to their description it would be kind of a revised yet staying true to the original updated 78 degrees of wisdom,
as opposed to the almost new book bridge of light new edition compared to the origiinal.
of course this is apples and oranges as they say.

i am highly disappointed that the correspondance course is no longer aviable

i am looking forward to this focus on astrology book based on the jungian tarot.

and i am surpised that they responded so fast :)

jmd

I presume that the reply that 'The hard-cover text has been corrected overall, and it has been redesigned and the Hebrew completely reset' simply means that any typographical errors have been corrected, and possibly a new Hebrew font used in possible addition to transliterations in places.

Seems to me, as Holmes as mentioned, that this is virtually a simple re-printing with minor 'corrections'.

It would have been rather useful to have more details as to actual alterations, and whether someone who already has the original edition would note any changes in content (apart from possible layout and font-change).

HOLMES

robert wang own reply

Thanks for your comments about my work, which I appreciate. Our website design company told us last week that there were some server problems which have affected picture display and the icons for PayPal. The source code as there but, for some reason, the pictures were not. It seems to be OK now.

With best wishes.

Robert Wang."

while no further answers were given, it is good that we can look at the pictures, and that we can get more of a hands on touch,

edited to add,
i have further wrote mr wang himself to ask

1. is there any hope of reawakening the study correspondance course,
2. how to best use the qabalistic tarot to study the jungian tarot
3.and what new tarot decks if any does he plan to do ,

will let you know of reply.

Lee

Hi holmes,

Technically it's true that since the Jungian Tarot's minors are unillustrated, you could use the GD system as explained in the Qabalistic Tarot book. But that system won't have anything to do with the new system which Wang created for the Jungian, since the two systems are completely different. Please forgive me if I'm telling you something you already know. I just want to make sure you understand that while you could use the GD system for the Jungian or any unillustrated-minors deck, it's not going to be of any help at all if you're interested in Wang's Jungian system.

-- Lee

HOLMES

mr wangs timely reply

"Mr. DeLock:

Thanks for your note again. The new Qabalistic Tarot is about the same as the old one, but it looks a lot better and has a plastic-coated hard-cover. It might amuse you to know that the first edition was edited for Weiser by an editor for Captain Marvel Comics who had probably never done a book without cartoons and left a lot of mistakes.. Sorry to say that the course won't be repeated. Much of its contents were incorporated into the Jungian Tarot and Its Archetypal Imagery.

You might find the Qabalistic Tarot useful with the Jungian Tarot since this deck is an amalgam of Jungian and Qabalistic ideas. On the other hand, the Golden Dawn and the Jungian Tarot are apples and oranges--not much common ground. Incidentally, there is no way that I would do another deck. One of the reasons that I did the Jungian deck is that I thought I did such a dreadful painting job with the Golden Dawn. Also, I began to feel that Jung's principles of "active imagination" are particularly useful when applied to tarot and wanted to create a deck aimed at this sort of work.

Also--I think our editors sent a note about the availability book to your "aecletic" web site. It will only be sold through http://www.marcusaureliuspress.com/. If there are any general questions which I could answer for your correspondents about the philosophical content of my works, send them off to Marcus Aurelius Press and I will try to answer on their site.

With best wishes,

Robert Wang"

1. it does amuse me that it was edited by a comic editor eheh
2. it does my heart good to know that correspondance course he offered was incorpated into tarot and its archtypal imagery. it completes the package for me
3.i am disappointed that he is not doing another tarot deck,
4. i am happy that the qabalistic taort can be used with jungian tarot as well as the golden dawn tarot.

given all that has transpired any intermediate person looking to get into that and qabbalah , that is a good book and it is out of print and hard to find so now is the time to get it,,
(i am glad it is reprinted guys )

HOLMES

does anyone know

when wangs second or as he calls it third book on the jungain tarot will be released?
i lost my jungian tarot handbook and so instead of trying to track down a differnt handbook, i would prefer to get the second book which is said to be based on the minors.