78 degrees of wisdom - I finally bought it

Open Arms

Ok Ok I gave in..I sat in Borders last night with 78 degrees and thought ok I'll have a flick through - start by reading the introduction.... 35 pages later I thought I had better buy it!!

I still haven't finished Tarot for You as I am doing it in stages (IYKWIM). Every few weeks I pick it up..read a chapter..do the exercises... and keep moving forward.

That said I am itching to read 78 degrees...awwwww!!!

Little Hare

Am I the only one who can't get into this book? :( I've had it sitting on my bookshelf for about 8 months and haven't been able to focus on it at all, I know it contains an amazing wealth of information... but i just can't read it...

Anyone got any tips for me on how I can get into it?

Open Arms

I started with the Introduction..take you time and have lots of coffee on hand.

It can get a little dry in places but gee - the stuff that is in there...

DreamGhost

I ordered it, too!

Would you say it's the kind of book to read from front to back, or is it more meant to be a reference sort of thing to look up meanings with?

6 Haunted Days

DreamGhost said:
I ordered it, too!

Would you say it's the kind of book to read from front to back, or is it more meant to be a reference sort of thing to look up meanings with?

I did use it as more a reference when I first got it, then I read it front to back...that's frankly how I got the very most knowledge and information from it. Immersing yourself in it by reading it cover to cover takes you on a whole other level and journey.

firefrost

peace_pixie said:
Am I the only one who can't get into this book? :( I've had it sitting on my bookshelf for about 8 months and haven't been able to focus on it at all, I know it contains an amazing wealth of information... but i just can't read it...

Anyone got any tips for me on how I can get into it?

Just use it as a reference tool, peace_pixie, that's what I do. It's one of my precious tarot bibles. For those who can read it like a novel, all well and good but that's not something I can do either.

Open Arms

All I know is I started reading it and I couldn't put it down..

And it is only with the use of some SERIOUS will power that I haven't touched it this week...

Little Hare

Thanks Firefrost! I think that's what i will do :)

:heart:

firefrost

Glad to help ;)

Maelin

I use it as my annotated LWB - maybe it's the BWB. It works with Rider decks, and any Rider based decks that I have had. I started with it as a reference, just to pick up when I needed more insight on a card in a reading, and then I took it on a business trip, and read it on the plane - and when we got diverted to another airport.. and... Thank goodness I had it with me ( a few raised eyebrows but Air Canada is pretty laid back.
I've now read it front to back three times, and keep going back - I'm working up to her Haindl tarot book.