Tarot On the Go ?

cirom

Ok let me start by admitting I'm a great fan of Apple computers, and I have an iPhone, not just because its supposed to be cool but because they its a very easy gadget to use for a visual person like me who cannot remember complicated combinations of buttons to press in order to use many gadgets.

So with that said, the other day I downloaded a bunch of family photos from my computer to the iPhone and then I had a eureka moment (well for me it was, maybe this is obvious to everyone else). I also downloaded tarot images as well. You could do the same by scanning your favourite deck. Then by using the shuffle or random feature for viewing those scans ...viola. No deck, no problem, a substitute deck and shuffle in your hands, a card of the day mini reading sitting on a bus, waiting for a train, during coffee break. Now I realize hardly any one has an iPhone in fact its not even available in Europe yet, but I believe the same scenario might be possible on many other phone models or video iPods. Anyway I thought it was interesting. See the attached image for a idea of how it looks.

Attachments

• phone-image.jpg
    phone-image.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 227

Disa

That's cool!

SolSionnach

I'm not sure, but I *think* that this is what Kat Black's Tarot Cielo is all about...

FaireMaiden

You know you're getting old when...

Alas, I fear technology has just passed me by altogether, as:

I still have trouble with the dvd player, (let's not even mention the universal remote)...

I still haven't been able to hook-up the surround-sound speakers properly...

And the only thing I know to do with Yahoo Messenger is to click on the 'X' to close it...

Methinks I best just stick to keeping my deck in my purse, *lol*

Nevermore

I've been considering that "display random image" function. I keep a small tarot meanings book in my bag or purse so I can flip through the pages and land randomly...problem is if I flip long I get pentacles, short I get majors etc...so not that random at all. It is easier than laying out cards when you're moving though, I'll say that much!
Wow. I used to think the iPhone was uncool, now I might be changing my mind....

ana luisa

I love the idea! Not so much for its practicality but because it may help spread Tarot more widely and, who knows, help erase that notion that it´s "something satanic done in dark rooms filled with smoke".

thorhammer

It's a brilliant idea! I'm going to try it with my mp3 player, which I hope is big enough to hold all my tunes AND my card images!

Thanks for posting! \m/ Kat

cirom

sravana said:
I'm not sure, but I *think* that this is what Kat Black's Tarot Cielo is all about...

Hmmm I just checked the thread about that. I'm only guessing but that sound like a phone company deal where the images are dowloaded to your mobile phone as part of on line reading service, because I was approached with an offer like that. But essentially the concept is similar, namely the convenience of virtual deck when the the real one isn't available or convenient.

Briar Rose

That's awsome. You have created some beautiful decks.

frelkins

well ciro i think several of us here have iphones -- i could certainly download your tarot onto it and it would be fun for daily draws.

so when can we buy iphone optimized beautiful scans ToD for this purpose? hmm? :)

does the iphone slideshow feature in photos have a random function or are you tossing 'em on the ipod side for shuffle?