Whose that in the mirror?

celticnoodle

Silverlyn said:
I think I'm gonna get up the nerve to try this tonight....

I'm also gonna buy some new tapes for my microcassette and try doing some EVP's in our house tonight....(no reason why to, just curious...yet OMG WHAT if there IS something on it....lol?)
oh silverylyn, this would be cool if you got something on it. i have relatives who do this, and they get some awesome stuff, even our own deceased relatives come through on it-mostly them, really! per my relatives, it's best to put it close to running water, as the energy from the running water helps the spirit to come through easier. you can still hear them speaking-generally better so then if there is no water running.

I can still recall listening to one tape where we distinctly could hear our uncle yelling in his usual way "HELLO! IT'S (his name inserted here)".

oh, please do share with us if you get anything, I find this so fascinating! :)

memries

I successfully did Louise Hay's mirror exercise where I looked and told myself I was beautiful, I love myself and I approve of myself. It eventually worked and changed my life. For me it was the big approve of myself. No one could control me any more nor try.

So in this exercise I just have to look and see what happens.. right ?
I am not afraid in the least it was just the other mirror. Can't wait now, will try tonight.

celticnoodle

firefrost said:
I've got a full length mirror fixed to my bedroom door, so a stool in front of that and I should be well away...
Yes, I have one too in our bathroom that is fixed on the back of the door to our bedroom. We have another full length mirror in a frame that is just standing in the corner of our other bath-I may end up using that one.

orbweaver said:
I'll have to try this sometime. Though it puts me in mind of the "Bloody Mary" game that circulates among JH and HS kids. Which kind of creeps me out.

HOWEVER, in regards to the face just disappearing: This is a common optical trick. You can even find it in optical illusion books for children. You stare at one point (in the books it's a black spot on a white page) long enough and it seems to disappear. This isn't anything mystical, just your eyes getting tired.
yeah, I remember the Blood Mary game too- really creepy.

morticia monroe

I can't do it yet. I'm one of those wierd ones who dares myself to do things just to see what happens, and if I had pitch black with candlelight and a mirror to stare into, I'd have to say "Bloody Mary" 3 times and see what's up.

And if something happened, my children would be motherless. Let me get them out of the house first so anything terrible and self inflicted that can happen to me will not harm my children. :)

OrbWeaver

Just out of curiosity, has anyone done this multiple times? I'd be interested to see how consistent the faces that come up are each time. :)

The crowned one

OrbWeaver said:
Just out of curiosity, has anyone done this multiple times? I'd be interested to see how consistent the faces that come up are each time. :)

I have and I always see a Neanderthal looking fellow staring back at me to start....then I relax my eyes and wait for the images to form ;)

Seriously, I have always seen the same first face a fellow with a very heavy brow line thick face and wide cheeks. I use the same technique to see my visible Aura with much more light and a white wall behind me.

Sonic

Wow what an exciting turn in this thread. I can't wait to hear about other peoples experiences!

Few notes:

1. if you're exercise is based off of fear, something fearful you will manifest
2. fiction is best left for bravado authors and steven king, so leave bloody mary and the candyman for the silver screen ;)
3. you are not now, and never will be afraid of yourself

It is an incredibly enlightening and even possibly door unlocking experience. A visual indication of what was once and still lives within. I moved the dining room stool right into the bathroom boy.. I was going to be comfy in there! LOL good luck! :thumbsup:

mystic mal

I couldnt wait to turn on the PC this morning and see the results of all that were going to try it and what a disappointment! Did anybody out there try it?I am waiting with anticipation to see who the brave ones are.By the way...well done Sonic!

firefrost

I did it :)

I had one main character who I kept seeing, a portly guy with a small thick set 'tashe.

I had one gipsy who was quite plain as well, a large lady with a head dress on and a string of beads dangling down her right hand side from it.

Two others were a young man with short blonde hair and a young woman with short brown hair.

I couldn't catch everyone I saw plainly but there were a few and more males than females.

mystic mal

Well done firefrost!...Did you find it un nerving or exciting? Dont you think its great how these different characters appear? I hope there are others that will try it.