Bruegel Tarot - books?

Bernice

Has anyone come across any books for the Bruegel tarot, or any type of tarot book that includes more info. on the Bruegel cards than the LWB?

Great images....

Bee

AJ

You can do some research on Bruegel himself and the times he lived in. Also in that research your will run across Bosch and his work. There is no book specific to the deck. Which I really really like :)

edited to add, that I really like the deck, not that there aren't any deck specific books...makes my meaning a little clearer

Bernice

Thank you for replying AJ.
I'm aware of the Bosch connection - but was hoping I wouldn't have to add another research subject to my existing ones! (Lazy beast...).

I love these images, but cannot always identify what the people in the backgrouind are doing - even with a magnifying glass! There's so much going on. Some images also have text, usually on banners or such-like. I think most can be guessed at, but it would be nice to know for sure what is written.

Bee

Bernice

I take it that very few (if any) people are interested in the Bruegel deck. Shame.

Such clear & detailed images - with a wealth of meaning within each card.
I wish I knew more of the folklore/religous objects that Bruegel included in this deck. What for instance does the dog (bulldog?) convey, it appears in more than one card. Beautiful artwork, it continues to fascinate me.

Bee :)

gregory

It is a lovely deck and reads well. But you asked about a book, so.... I know of none !

Bernice

gregory said:
It is a lovely deck and reads well. But you asked about a book, so.... I know of none !

No book: That's a bummer.
I wish the artist (Guido Zibordi Marchesi) had written an explanation for the images.... and yes as you say, it does read well Greg.

Bee :)

gregory

PM Ric and ask if there is one....

Le Fanu

Bernice said:
I take it that very few (if any) people are interested in the Bruegel deck. Shame

I don't know of any book, Im just replying to this by saying Im one of the few interested in this deck. I picked one up in a sale and it is a fascinating deck. Of all the Arty ones (the arty tarot trio: Bosch, Giotto and Breugel), I think the Breugel is the most enticing to read with. I like the earthy colours, the brown, mucky tone which pervades!

There's so much going on too. Somehow I don't find this at all intimidating. The Giotto - in comparison - is a bit same-y. Knowing Scarabeo, there won't be a book.

I never know if they're doing us a favour or a disservice by not offering a book...

gregory

Absolutely agree about the best of the arty ones.

I don't know about a book - it might be good to know some background for some purposes - but the way I read that would be for interest rather than as a reading aide.... I must have something about Bruegel here somewhere....
But LS do big books for a lot of their decks - be fair.