Tarot for Yourself - Celtic Cross & permutations

Kaz

These are chapters 4 and 6 in the book, I thought it would be easiest to put them together as they both are about the CC.
You can use yourself as guineapig, or grab someone else. I will try both.....

Kaz

Jewel

I have done the permutations and they are really really helpful. This exercise, if we are going to go through all of them, is time consuming but well worth it! I did all of the permutations on the same reading, and it was interesting that when I did the original CC I was a bit confused by the reading but by time I did the last permutation it all made perfect sense. I will try and post my stuff tomorrow.

Also note which permutation(s) you liked best when you worked through them. It will be interesting to see how we each feel about these. Chapter 6 also goes through the expanded 3 card reading ... I think we should leave that for another post.

Maybe I will do a new CC and permutations using the Cosmic Tribe ~giggles~ ... as you can tell Bec and Kaz I am loving my new deck :)

Love & Light,

Kaz

I will follow what is described in chapter 4 first, that's lay out 10 cards face down, turn over the first one, write down my keywords for it, and relate that to the position, then go to the next.
So, yes this will be time consuming, but you need something to keep you from the street :) .

Kaz

Jewel

*ROFLMAO* Kaz you crack me up :D

Question: What do I need to do to increase my understanding of teh Tarot?

Deck: Robin Wood
1. Cover/Basic Influence - King of Wands
2. Crossing - Knight of Wands
3. Basis - Death
4. Recent Past - Queen of Pentacles
5. Possible Outcome - 10 of Cups
6. Near Future - 10 of Wands
7. Self - Devil (reversed)
8. Environment - 8 of Cups (reversed)
9. Hopes & Fears - World (reversed)
10. Outcome - Ace of Cups (reversed)

I must admit ... I was confused about this spread until I completed the 4 permutations.

My interpretation of this spread: I am covered by the King of Wands (my inner teacher card!) showing that I have strong will to achieve my goal of increasing my understanding of the Tarot. I am positive and optimistic.

I am crossed by the Knight of Wands indicating that I am extremely active and eager in my pursuit of understanding but at times maybe too much so and I loose focus (i.e. deck switching, reading 3 books at once, etc); at times I am a bit extremist.
My basis is the Devil card which to me represents that I am in a period of transition. I am following through with my commitment to the Tarot which in turn is transforming me, the way I think and relate to things. This transformation is currently under way.

The Queen of Pentacles graces my recent past where self-awareness and finding my spiritual relationship to nature was nurtured and has allowed me to bring this connection with me into my studies. By that I mean it has shown me that there is "more out there" and boosted my confidence.

My possible outcome is the 10 of Pentacles which is a gate card. As I realized the magic of the world in my self-awareness trip through the Queen of Pentacles here I could potentially become in tune with the everyday magic of all aspects of life. I have the potential to see the world with a different set of eyes or perspective.

The 10 of Wands indicates that in the near future I will feel burdened in my studies. Mainly due to other responsibilities that will be pulling me in different directions. I need to ensure these burdens are real and not use them as excuses if I really want to achieve my goal.

The Devil reversed is in the self position. I relate this card to indicate that I am moving towards liberation and pursuing something that is important to me instead of focusing on doing the things that are expected of me.

My environment shows the 8 of cups reversed. To me this card represents that I will continue to receive joy and emotional fulfillment through my studies of the Tarot. It also shows again my determination to hang on as indicated by my will in the King of Wands (position 1) and in my eagerness shown in the Knight of wands (position 2).

My hopes and fears were expressed by the World reversed. Although I winced at first I realized that it was a clear indication of my fears. That my learning will stagnate and that there will be point where my studies and understanding of the Tarot will stop all together. Looking closer, what I saw was that I fear having so many other responsibilities that I will not have time to continue my studies on the Tarot which are very important to me personally, spiritually and emotionally.

The outcome, strongest influence was the Ace of Cups reversed. Again my heart sank when I saw this card. This is the card that took me 4 permutations to trully understand. Then as I thought about it I looked at my potential outcome card the 10 of Pentacles (Position 5). Looking at these cards in conjunction with my hopes and fears card (World reversed) I saw that each was an outcome contingent on how I dealt with these. The first test of overcoming my fears was the outcome card. It was also a test to see how much understanding of the Tarot I have gained thus far. A pop quiz.

Maybe I am delusional but that is how I have interpreted this reading. Permutations to follow.

Jewel

Permutation 1 - The Turning Wheel

Permutation #1 - The Turning Wheel

Cards used from above spread:
3. Basis - Death
4. Recent Past - Queen of Pentacles
5. Possible Outcome - 10 of Pentacles
6. Near Future - 10 of Wands

In the Present (Origianl positions of cards):
IDEA/IDEAL (#5-10 of Pentacles): That I will discover more of the mangic in the every day world through my increased understanding of the Tarot.

ACTION ASSERTION (#6-10 of Wands): In order to achieve my ideal I need to focus on the ideal vs. trying to be so academic about the Tarot and over burdening myself with insecurity in my intuition.

HABIT/INTUITION (#4-Death): I need to let the transition occurr and clear away old habits of procrastination and self-doubt to allow new creativity to emerge.

LETTING GO/RECEPTIVITY (Queen of Pentacles): I need to be self-aware and believe in myself in order to open the learning channels.

ORIGINAL POSITION (Present Scenario): The ideal is to be able to recognize and realize that there is magic in the world around me. I am working hard to learn and understand the Tarot to support this ideal. My intuition tells me there is new creativity emerging as a result of my efforts, and that I will undergo a transformation that will make me more receptive to my own personal magic and abilities with the Tarot.

FIRST ROTATION (Past Scenario): The ideal was to belive in myself and in my abilities to understand the Tarot. The keys self-awareness and belief in my own personal magic. This self-awareness and belief was to be achieved through acceptance that there is magic in the everyday world and I am part of the everyday world and its magic. I needed to realize that although studying is necessary that I did not need to get bogged down in it and loose the esence of tarot. I needed to accept the transformation freely ... going with the flow.

SECOND ROTATION (Subconscious Scenario): The ideal is the acceptance of my transformation of attitudes and allow the new creativity to emerge. This can be done by becoming self-aware and accepting my own personal magic. Doing this will put me in harmony with my intuitive sense that there really is magic in the world. What I need to do in order to be receptive is to realize that there is such a thing as working too hard at something that not require it ... learn to let go.

THIRD ROTATION (Future Scenario): The ideal is that all of the hard work and study I invest in the Tarot will pay off. Transformation (increased understanding and skills) will result from these efforts and new creativity will emerge. By creating a habit of being self-aware and knowing that I possess personal magic I will support my ideal and action and become more receptive to the magic in the world around me.

Jewel

Second Permutation - Past, Present, Future

Second Permutation - Past, Present, Future

GROUP 1 - THE PAST: (#4 Queen of Pentacles, #9 The World, #3 Death)
In the past I have been unaware of myself and of my own personal magic. I have been clouded by self-doubt and lack of realization of my own potential. Yet I draw on the fact that I am a good student and can succeed. This gives me the ability to let transformation occurr.

GROUP 2 - THE PRESENT: (#7 Devil, #8 8 of Cups, #1 King of Wands, #2 Knight of Wands)
I am obsessed with clearly understanding the Tarot, but am torn by self doubt which is creating limitation for myself. Because of this I am retreating, not sure of how to proceed in order to increase my understanding of the Tarot. I deal with the situation by imposing my strong will and remaining optimistic. My eagerness and enthusiam keep me moving forward.

GROUP III - FUTURE: (#10 Ace of Cups, #6 10 of Wands, #5 10 of Pentacles)
My future expression of understanding the Tarot will result from an opening of my psychic abilities, which will be the outcome of the hard work and study I am putting into the Tarot. Upon realizing my aachievement I will gain a new sense of richness in my life.

Jewel

Third Permutation - The Whole Person Summary

3 Wands - 10, Knight, King
2 Cups - Ace & 8
0 Swords
2 Pentacles - 10, Queen
3 Major Arcana - Death, Devil, World

WANDS: I am initiating a seirous study of the Tarot guided by my intuition (King), using my enthusiam and eagerness (Knight)in order to persever (10)

CUPS:

Jewel

Jewel (24 Jan, 2002 04:00):

3 Wands - 10, Knight, King
2 Cups - Ace & 8
0 Swords
2 Pentacles - 10, Queen
3 Major Arcana - Death, Devil, World

WANDS: I am initiating a seirous study of the Tarot guided by my intuition (King), using my enthusiam and eagerness (Knight)in order to persever (10)

CUPS:

Hmmm .... not sure what happened there ... okies to go on.

CUPS: My current understanding of the Tarot is limited by my uncertainty on how to best increase it or how to go about it (8). However, I am beginning to sense an opening of my psychic sensen the more I study (ace). In addition, the lack of swords or rational thinking is healping to open my psychic senses.

PENTACLES: I am focusing my Tarot study through accepted methods (recognized and well thought of books) (10) and using my critical mind and intelligence to remain grounded (queen).

MAJOR ARCANA: The archtypal forces I am dealing with are self-doubt and creating barriers for myself (Devil), realizing that I have infinite potential (World), and transformation of self (i.e. perceptions, way of thinking) (Death) resulting from my acceptance of personal infinite potential (World) to increase my understanding of the Taort. I need to develop my self-confidence regarding my abilities as indicated by the Devil, and allow the transformation to ocurr (Death) and accept my infinite potential.

Jewel

Permutation 4 - Yod He Vau He - The Path of Hermes

Permutation 4 - Yod He Vau He - The Path of Hermes

Card 1 (King of Wands) in the first triangle (YOD) that begins my cycle of actions shows me confident in my ability to increase my understanding of the Tarot by allowing myself to be guided by my intuition.

In Card 2 (Knight of Wands), I react against that by letting my enthusiasm to hurry up my learning and not stay focused. Action, action, action ...

By allowing the learning process to occur at a natural pace, while retaining my enthusiasm, the transformation in my level of understanding will occur as indicated by Card 3 (Death). I can regain focus to increase understanding.

In Card 4 (Queen of Pentacles), the first card of the second opposing triangle (HE known as the begging of opposition), I see that I need to quit trying to channel all sensory information into practical knowledge. I need to allow myself to feel it and become one with it as the Queen of Pentacles is with nature.

The opposition to the opposition, Card 5 (10 of Pentacles) suggests that I believe that by increasing my understanding of the Tarot that I might think I am increasing my abilities to better see the magic of the world around me.

To integrate the opposing forces, Card 6 (10 of Wands), I need to persevere with my studies and not overburden myself with expectations. Need to stay grounded.

The beggining of integration, Card 7 (Devil), the first card fo the third triangle(VAU) shows that I need to overcome my lack of confidence and self-doubt, thus eliminate barriers to my increased understanding of the Tarot that I erect, and which block my psychic senses.

Integration is opposed, Card 8 (8 of Cups), by my wanting to retreat to solely focus on my learning, and the frustration of it taking so long. I need to not retreat from people or other activities I enjoy or it will only increase and breed frustraion (burdens ... 10 of wands).

To integrate the integration, Card 9 (World), I must realize and believe in my own infinite potential to learn and dance around the barriers I set for myself.

The new cycle, Card 10 (Ace of Cups) can commence a new set, a new possibility with the opening of my psychic senses and new receptivity due to the opening of my unconscious channels.

-------

WHEW!!! I am tired *LOL*. Anyways ... of the 4 permutations I prefer #2 and #4. The first permutation seemed to totally disregard cards 1,2 and 7-10. So it felt like it was missing something to me. Permutation 3 was OK but gained more through permutations 2 and 4. Somehow they felt more complete.

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with, and to hear which permutations you liked best.

Love & Light,

Kaz

Well, you have to wait a bit for mine, it's a lot of work. I''ll post in parts I think.....

Kaz