Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

Star-Willow

thorhammer said:
Silly woman! Get you to the trimming thread (Talking Tarot? I think? Do a search :D) and have a squiz, and the Thoth forum might be helpful, too. Me . . . I've never even seen the Thoth in person, so I dunno :D But trimming is great! I love trimming! My WoC is awesome now, and I'm so glad to be shot of those horrid colour-coded borders!

\m/ Kat

Yea, thanks for that Kat ;)

I'm all sorted and have made up my mind....... let the trimming begin! :D

thorhammer

afrosaxon said:
Anyway...some days I can write paragraphs on one card, and others I can barely write a few sentences. Wonder why that is?
*sigh*

Me too. I suk, basically, at being disciplined at Tarot. I need to discover it, not pin it down like an insect collection, with the legs here, the wings there, the abdomen in the middle . . . it's an overgrown forest path for me, and I don't know where the Hel it leads! Journey of discovery, and all that! I know where you're coming from, T. We can commiserate with one another, in the midst of all this discipline! :D

\m/ Kat

thorhammer

Star-Willow said:
Yea, thanks for that Kat ;)
Do I detect just a hint of minty sarcasm . . . ?:heart:

\m/ Kat

Open Arms

thorhammer said:
Seems so obvious, but I couldn't see the forest for the trees . . .

Hands Thor an axe and says...

"Go forth young warrior and do battle!!"

I already love the VR but until now basically used it for relationship type readings and so certain cards never seemed to come up...unlike now!

I have so much on my plate with life in general that forcing myself to do this is in some ways a calming..steady moment in time. Its not an easy moment..sometimes it is fraught with trauma and challenge but it is a part of my day and soon I will feel lost without it.

thorhammer

Open Arms said:
Hands Thor an axe and says...

"Go forth young warrior and do battle!!"
*puts down trusty Hammer, takes axe, brandishes it menacingly at trees* :D
I already love the VR but until now basically used it for relationship type readings and so certain cards never seemed to come up...unlike now!
You see, I never did get that. As I understood it, it is called the Victorian Romantic to demonstrate its roots in a time (Victorian) and art style (Romantic), not a genre or reading niche. I never got *good* relationship readings with it, but I will say that it was awesome for deepening my understanding of the RWS tradition. It was a very . . . lifestyle-y deck. It was immediate and real and tangible and very easy to relate to the human element of it. But I never did get the whole "love" vibe . . . colour me dense :D

\m/ Kat

Open Arms

Never dense babe...

I just seemed to get really good readings for people with it...not necessarily romantic readings either...family and life readings while if you wanted money, work etc...TOD or the Gilded (sob my Gilded.....is he looking after you properly..)was the way to go.

I mean I have a Golden tarot of Klimt which does NOTHING for me.... but I keep because I will conquer it one day...when I am 64 and retired...and probably completely mental....la la la la

Llynn

thorhammer said:
Llynn, try comparing the DC and DAO. I know that some of cards share a great deal of symbolism - the plants, especially, crop up all over his work, and there are spirals and things that can link the cards together. The DAO is hard to work with, I think, but that's partly coz the animals are not in my experience. They're a great pair, though, I reckon . . .

Thank you Kat for the encouragement. I do like the decks as a pair because the artistic style doesn't clash (the art work of a deck is very important to me; there are some decks that I couldn't work with because of the artist's style.) I will persevere - this is a training exercise after all. <sigh> I just miss my PsyCards with my Hanson-Roberts - but maybe we were getting too familiar with each other!

Perhaps I should use the mantra "I-D-S is good for me! No strain, no gain!" (thinking of films with military training.)

~~Lynn

lilith_in_tree

hello folks!
Well, I was a slacker yesterday and didn't do my journalling, family-holiday type stuff ate up the day and I found that I missed it very much. It's become part of my day now, and the more I do it the more I want to do it--so you people that are struggling a bit at the beginning, do press on, it will start to feel more natural the further in you get :D
Open Arms, I'll be on the lookout for your thoughts in the Deck Studies thread on the VR (if you're still thinking of doing that)--when I first came to Aeclectic about a year ago I posted in a few, think I might have started one on the Queen of Swords actually, and maybe I should join you in trying to do all the cards for this deck--at the very least it might help other people studying the VR.

Prism

PeterS said:
I think that the IDS study can be a great source of info if we all post our findings, and research in the Tarot Studies forum. It is great to think that as we each take the serious effort to discover the workings of our individual decks that people months and years in the future might also gain insight as well.

I'll try to do this for Tarot of Prague also. Many of the cards have been discussed at length, but there are some that have only a very brief entry.