Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

thorhammer

Open Arms said:
PS - I am going to a rather naughty party next week (ie where you dress in lingerie ONLY - he he he) and I will have to leave my deck at home... do I get a pass for that Kat??? Or do I have to shove my VRG down my bra???
Eeeek!

Weeellll, thinking about it . . . it'd be a great accessory! :D

No passes needed - who goes out with their deck all the time anyway?

*whistles innocently*

. . .

\m/ Kat

Open Arms

thorhammer said:
Weeellll, thinking about it . . . it'd be a great accessory! :D

Hmmm...I suppose I could offer readings...although keeping my concentration might be a tad.....difficult!

afrosaxon

I have been running around all day (Mom sat with Granda...FREEDOM!! :D), so I did neither my daily draw nor my card du jour journaling. Oh well...tomorrow is another day.:cool:

Alamaris

Well, today was interesting to say the least. (Or at least I thought so, until I saw Open Arm's post. Yours trumps mine by a long shot! :p)

I didn't do a daily draw in the morning because I drew for today yesterday, but instead decided to tackle the tangled garden that is the Marseilles. This deck baffles me in ways I didn't think I could be baffled.

After an intuitive approach ended up dead in the water, I tried to cobble meanings using the "number + element" method, but that was even more frustrating. (Some writer I am! :rolleyes:) So I finally bit the bullet and dragged out the Hadar's box...

...and started translating (while ducking imaginary bricks from Umbrae's direction) the French LWB. My grasp of French is so shaky it needs a wheelchair, but I managed to get to the Page of Coins before I took a break. Since I was nearly fainting from hunger, I went to grab some food, then came back and looked over my translations.

And burst out laughing. Here's a lesson for everyone: don't translate LWB's in foreign languages on an empty stomach. Somehow (don't ask me!) I translated travaillante as "transvestite". And didn't notice that I'd written it down. That Queen of Wands had a dirty little secret until I corrected her entry to its correct (I hope) meaning of "hard working"!

Back I go. Hopefully I'll have an actual "tarot" update tomorrow. ;)

sapienza

Thanks so much to Peter and lilith_in_tree for your kind words of support. They are much appreciated. I'm having a generally crappy time with life at the moment so I guess feeling a little fragile and not so good with 'failure', although I KNOW that isn't the right word to use :)

Last night I spent some quality time with my Alchemical deck and did a Chakra spread out of Mary Greer's 'Tarot for Your Self'. It was a great spread, focusing on healing and I felt that the Alchemical spoke very clearly to me. I do really love this deck and so will perservere for now. If you don't hear much from me you'll know I'm off-line working away with the cards :)

Knight of Wands.....I really hope you find your Princess, I agree she must have some kind of message for you. I really feel your distress, I so hope she comes back for you very soon.

Disa

Knight of Wands said:
HOW on earth have I managed to lose a card for my Druidcraft?!?!

The Princess of Pentacles - one of my favourite cards too :(

Is she in the scanner?

Oh, it's so nice to read how well everyone's coming along. I haven't done so well this week as far as studying or handling my IDS deck. But, the good news is, I haven't really had the urge to look at or buy any other decks, either. I ordered an oracle deck about 2 weeks ago- or at least I thought I was ordering a deck, instead it was just the book- I'm not even upset that there are no cards. I had a feeling the price was too good to be a deck and cards, but I don't really need those cards anyway ;0

Serene, I forgot who said that the IDS is making tarot serene, but I agree! I'm planning to try to make time this weekend to do another spread and journal it. So much to do so little time.

When we slip, just forget about it and keep going. We can do this.

I'm even starting to think it might be a good idea to do a 3 month study of each new deck we buy in the future. We buy a deck and can't buy another until we've really given it a chance. That may be a really hard committment, but - it seems doable at this point.

Good luck you guys and hang in there.

Open Arms

Scion..you are an evil evil man.....

I just got my Vertigo Tarot..and had a quick flick through the cards (to check they are there of course) and OMG..some of these cards weren't talking to me...they were shouting!!!!

Do you have any idea how hard it was putting them away... worse even than the BSG!!

Maybe I should take the Vertigo to the party....hmmmm.....or maybe the BSG...would fit riiiiiiight in!!!

Scion

Yay! That WAS fast.... Very flad to hear it!

Now put them away and forget about them for the next few months. })

Promise

I'm feeling a TON better about my BG and this whole IDS in general!

For a while, I was wondering if it was really worth it, but tonight, I did THREE readings for a friend, his mom and his sister, and all three were completely stunned and slightly freaked out with how spot on they were! At one point, I even had his mom reduced to tears; I guess I hit a nerve that was buried deep.

I feel like I'm really starting to "get" this deck on a whole new level. Even the silver accents are starting to speak to me in a certain way, and make me see things differently than I would have before. After I was finished with that series of readings, I was literally shaking. I just had all this energy rushing through me, and words were just flying out of my mouth before I even had a chance to process them completely. It was an amazing experience, for sure.

I did take two sets of notes during the readings-one more detailed for each of them, so they could take something palpable home with them to review or just to keep, and one much more concise set for myself so that I can journal them properly. That's what I plan on doing tomorrow morning.

I'm so much more enthused about this whole process now that I've seen actual progress. I always felt connected to the BG and the BGS, but for a while, I was really at a loss as to how to apply certain cards during a reading, or how to relate them to certain topics. But now that I'm really getting to know them, it's like something has clicked. I'm totally in love!

thorhammer

Scion said:
Yay! That WAS fast.... Very flad to hear it!

Now put them away and forget about them for the next few months. })
I wondered what the heck she meant . . . :D Now I understand!

\m/ Kat