Airport dream

afrosaxon

The other night I dreamed that I was rushing through the airport to make a flight to Japan.

I got into an elevator and when some people got on behind me, I worried that they would be going in another direction than the one I needed to go. They pushed the down button, and I was relieved; we were going in the same direction.

I got to the ticket counter with my oversized suitcase and told the ticketing agent that I was trying to make the 12:00 a.m. fight to Narita (the main international airport in Tokyo, Japan). I looked at the clock: it was 11:40. I told her I needed to check my bags. The ticketing agent got on her computer and also called a skycap to get my bags. As she did her thing on the computer, I filled out the name tags to put on my bag. I thought I was taking flight #117 but the ticketing agent said I was on flight #147, so I scratched out the wrong flight number and wrote the correct one instead.

One of my bags was too big, so I took some things out. I planned to leave them, then I ended up putting them in another suitcase...so instead of having one big, heavy suitcase, I had two, lighter suitcases.

When I finished repacking, I brought my bags up to the counter. The skycap was still there, waiting for me. The ticket agent had brought in another agent to help her. When I asked if I would miss the flight, she told me she was still trying to get me on it. I took the skycap still being there as a good sign.

Then I woke up. I don't know if I made the flight or not.

Mind you, I've never been to Japan, or any other Asian country. Don't know offhand of anyone in my life who is Japanese, or of Japanese descent.

Any help with interpreting this dream would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

T.

memries

When you got on the elevator first instead of pushing the button where you wanted to go you let the other party decide for you. In awake life are you letting others decide for you instead of you taking the responsibility of your own direction ?

Fortunately they were going the same way you thought and you descended to the level you required. I have never been able to quite sort out what elevators mean so cannot help there.

You arrive at the ticket counter and again you are wondering if you can make the flight in time. You have a bit of a hit and miss attitude in the dream. Does this apply in awake life ?

Your bags were not correct and you had to unpack and reallocate your belongings to get the bags checked through. The lady at the ticket counter was trying to help you by getting another agent as well and the skycap was standing by. Does this reflect someone in your life that is trying to aid you but unable because you are "waffling" ? Also the fact you had two bags is of some import. The bags did not match (one bigger, one smaller) Someone or something is just not quite matching for you in awake life. A person or a situation. You are trying to make it work but having trouble doing so.

It is a bit of an obstacle dream and your destination was in awake life unknown to you. It may be something will come along that will take you out of your normal sphere of activity.

Why the incorrect Flight number ? 117 versus 147. You might check up on the meanings of the numbers. 117 in Tarot would be the Wheel. 147 would be The Hanged Man. This card certainly reflects your attitude about being indecisive.

Hope this interpretation helps you a bit in unravelling your dream.

memries

Correction, 117 would add up to 9 which is the Hermit. Sorry for the error.