£1000

Milfoil

Yes, I think I paid about the same for mine but somehow I keep looking (mine is still lost, hopefully in the house somewhere) so I keep looking . . . .

Cat*

One selling ploy people with a number of things in one category liked to do is put a high search term collectible in that category up at an outrageous price, but still, it drew lookers, who then would click on Other Items For Sale to see if there was something more to their taste. Which quite often resulted in sales that might have otherwise been missed.
[...]
Why anyone does it on Amazon is beyond me, does anyone besides me ever took through anyones storefront for more tarot or oracles?
I do click through to the storefronts on Amazon sometimes. But I'd never do it with a seller who asked such an outrageously high price for a deck I knew was available for a lot less. So the strategy you described, AJ, apparently doesn't work on me. ;)

Zezina

No one ever admitted to putting up an item that wasn't in their possession, but then they wouldn't would they, ebay would have banned their butts.

Are you saying he mightn't even...?

AJ

It's possible. We've all had or heard stories about buying something and then being told it's broke, lost, yadayada...

gregory

Or someone who has "bought up" stock of something and not yet paid - has it in their basket somewhere - and only pays when they have effectively turned a whacking profit... If it doesn't sell - they take it OUT of their basket again - but meanwhile, those looking can't buy it from the store, like.

Debra

"The Book is in A1 Fine condition - it has a small inscription on the title page."

And the box is missing.

If I were aiming to bait and switch I wouldn't include these imperfections. So I imagine she's got it, and high hopes for the selling price.

Laura Borealis

The seller might be looking at the ones on U.S. Amazon for $900.00 - $1,681.08 and thinking that's the going price range.

gregory

"The Book is in A1 Fine condition - it has a small inscription on the title page."

And the box is missing.

If I were aiming to bait and switch I wouldn't include these imperfections. So I imagine she's got it, and high hopes for the selling price.

Oh yeah - I think this one has the deck. Just saying that the not quite purchased thing is another nasty that one runs across from time to time.