2 of Cups Constantly?

terezi

When asking about someone, 2 of cups comes up in regards to us both. He's a romantic interest but I'm not sure what this could mean?

Tobe

it doesn't have to mean in a romantic way
it can just mean you 2 are just getting along well, a good pair of friend

terezi

it doesn't have to mean in a romantic way
it can just mean you 2 are just getting along well, a good pair of friend

That's true. I hadn't thought of that. Thank you for the insight.

Grizabella

I agree with Tobe. It can be a friendship just beginning. Or a healing between two people who have had a falling out. They may be friends or any two people. It's possibly a romance budding between two people. In the Rider Waite and some others there's a caduseus in between the two people which is a healing symbol. Sometimes healing calls for knowledge of chemistry so maybe we could stretch a little and say there's "chemisty" between the two people?

Corvinesque

I've had the 2 of cups come up as a harmonious relationship, in a creative sense- two people who work well together on creative projects.

terezi

I agree with Tobe. It can be a friendship just beginning. Or a healing between two people who have had a falling out. They may be friends or any two people. It's possibly a romance budding between two people. In the Rider Waite and some others there's a caduseus in between the two people which is a healing symbol. Sometimes healing calls for knowledge of chemistry so maybe we could stretch a little and say there's "chemisty" between the two people?

That makes sense, he and I have had a falling out. Makes me question the nature of the feelings considering he's aware of my romantic interest in him.

Thirteen

Repeat cards: You're not listening and the deck is mad at you?

When asking about someone, 2 of cups comes up in regards to us both. He's a romantic interest but I'm not sure what this could mean?
I think you're influencing the cards. They're reflecting what you're thinking and feeling rather than telling you anything new. And that thing they're reflecting is YOUR romantic interest in him, and YOUR desire to have him look back at you in the same way.

So. Why would the cards be offering you this rather than anything new or insightful? At a guess, maybe because you're doing the same readings, asking the same questions over and over again. Readers have this odd idea. They think the cards "give" then their future. So they keep asking the same question, hoping the future they want will turn up. But that's not how this works. The cards show you what is and may be. And YOU change it if you can. Meaning, if you want him romantically interested in you, then YOU have to do something about it.

Putting it another way, imagine you had a a friend who was interested in this guy, but he was no longer interested in her. And she came up to you and asked, "Do you think he could be interested in me again?" And you said, "I'm not sure" or maybe even "I don't think so." Later that day, "Do you think he could be interested in me again?" And you answer the same. Next day. "Do you think he could be interested in me again?" That night, next morning, next afternoon, next evening....

How many times would she have to ask this of you before you stopped answering altogether? And wouldn't you wonder why she wasn't doing anything to change the situation rather than continually asking you about it? You can't do anything about it. It's her life.

Repeat cards often indicate that the tarot has shut down on you. It may even be mad at you for not listening to it. You've lost it's trust in you, because you won't listen to what it's telling you; and even if it didn't feel that way, you're not giving the situation time to change and develop. If nothing has changed, why should its answer change? So. STOP asking about him. Stop asking about yourself and him. Come back in two weeks and when you do, try to ask a different sort of question. Put down that 2/Cups and ask, "How can I make him feel like this towards me again?" then do a spread around it. Find out what action you can take to change the situation and get what you want. Then do it.

SweetSiren

Just to leap from the previous comment, in my experience when I asked the same thing or asked about the same topic, I would get a totally different set of cards, sometimes they would be reminiscent and others would have entirely different meanings then the original reading. This let me know that I was getting carried away. It's only confusing. The only time I ever get repeat cards is when I conduct readings about a variety of things. This lets me know what the card has to say is important.

Anyway, I'm going to point out the obvious and say you might not be shuffling well enough.
But if you indeed are, the card, in my eyes, is reflecting something you're not seeing. The two of cups, in my experience, represents the beginning of a meaningful relationship, friendship or romantic. The way I see it, the ace of cups is the emotion you have, and the two is the first vessel of how to express it/carry out the energy and that's with another person. However, it isn't particularly evolved, that is to say it's only the start of an emotional bond, and there are many ways it can go from there.
So I think this card is telling you to stop keeping it to yourself like the ace and move it outward... to act on this feeling you have.

Grizabella

I've had the 2 of cups come up as a harmonious relationship, in a creative sense- two people who work well together on creative projects.

Tarot is like a language. Take, for instance, the word throw. You can throw a party or a tantrum.....if the other words around it point to that. Or you can throw a ball...a baseball, maybe...or you can throw a ball in the sense of a huge party. If you're tracking something, another something can throw you off the trail.

A single card doesn't always mean the same thing any more than a single word does. This is a good example of how that works with the cards, too.

WalesWoman

Cups are not always about relationships, but can refer to emotional states... Highs & lows and the see saw of going back and forth between them.

2 Cups can refer to a polarity, being on opposite ends of the spectrum, still bound to each other by the laws of attraction, and creating a balance, though it may not be a lovey dovey one people are inclined to see with this card. Think of 2 Cups like two magnets, face them one way and they stick, face them another and they repel each other.

2 Cups is early stages, there is an opportunity to create something more, but the balance is a fragile one and needs more than attraction to become something real, lasting and stable.

Most often 2 Cups is about attraction and infatuation, it can lead to love but is not a promise it will become a lasting love.