The Fairy Ring Oracle

faunabay

OK folks, here's another new one coming in September of this year (supposedly LOL) Check it out! It looks very very cool!!!!

http://www.geocities.com/annafranklin1/ring.html

It looks kind of like a cross between the Faeries oracle and the Sacred Circle tarot!!! :)

faunabay

But you know - it might look kind of like the Sacred Circle because it comes from the same people!! LOL Anna Franklin and Paul Mason

Now I didn't really like the Sacred Circle but this one sure looks cool! And it has Fairys!!!!!!!! YEA!! :)

Tigerwings

Wow, how beautiful they are!!
I have seen the sacred circle tarot breifly in a shop, and thought "yeah they are nice" but these are awesome!
I hope I hear more about the Fairy Ring oracle cards in the future. Faunabay, are you planning on getting these?

Erin

faunabay

Tigerwings said:
Faunabay, are you planning on getting these?

Erin

Oh absolutely!!!! I think they're just beautiful (what little I've seen so far).

But then again, they also say something about the pictures not being the finished card. So I'll see how they end up in the final published version then make my decision.

I just think they're wonderful off what I've seen so far!!!!

truthsayer

whew!!!!! i was sweating bullets that you'd brought me into temptation yet again, faunabay. but i have the sacred circle and don't care for it so i am thus delivered from a new evil. i think i'll stick w/ the froud fairies for now. they keep me occupied, the lil devils... ;)

Kiama

I LOVED the Sacred Circle Major Arcana (Pity about the Minors) and I really really really love this oracle! Its just like Major Arcana, times 60! I will be getting this one. Definitely. I loved the way the Sacred Circle was done, and I love Anna Franklin's books.... Its just such a shame the Minors in the Sacred Circle weren't ilustrated...

Kiama

truthsayer

i think the minors not being illustrated was my big turn off to the sacred circle. i could try it out reading w/ the majors only. don't worry, kiama, i'll probably will end up w/ this new deck, too. it seems i have no will power when it comes to new decks. ;)

Kellinator

I'm with Kiama and Truthsayer on this one -- the Sacred Circle would have been so much better with illustrated minors. But, oh my gosh, these new ones are beautiful!! I can't wait to see (and buy) the final product!

Cerulean

---------------------------------------------
Found in an Amazon.com review:

The cards themselves are a little smaller than the Sacred Circle, measuring 8 x 11.7mm (about 3-1/4 x 4-3/4 inches), and thus should be easier for those with smaller hands (and diminished dexterity, such as myself) to use. The cards don't seem to have the slick finish that scratches easily as do the Sacred Circle, and those who long lamented the "irreversibility" of the Sacred Circle card backs will delight in the complete upsy-downsy anonymity of the Fairy Ring.
----------------------------------------------

I posted this question in another discussion thread...if you have both the Sacred Circle and Fairy Ring, have you tried mixing the decks? The majors from the Sacred Circle, are they similar enough in size as the Fairy Ring? I'd enjoy buying the Sacred Circle again (gave it away) if I could do this...some people I have heard actually trimmed their Sacred Circle cards to get keywords/titles off.

I enjoy the Fairy Ring without majors, just was curious about mixing/if this seemed interesting.

Curious Mari

purplelady

in defense of the sacred circle

Just to throw my humble opinion into this very old thread, I Don't like the fairy ring oracle cards. I guess it just isn't my thing. But I do love the sacred circle tarot! I Like the "pips" and find them readable. And they're beautiful. However, I don't like the way a few of the majors are changed and rearranged!