2nd TdM book by Rodes/Sanchez "Le Tarot: Héritage des Cathares et de Marie-Madeleine"

Rusty Neon

2nd TdM book by Rodes/Sanchez "Le Tarot: Héritage des Cathares et de Marie-Madeleine"

The first book by Rodes and Sanchez (El Libro de Oro: El Tarot de Marsella) has been out for some time and apparently is being updated. But it's only available in Spanish.

See: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=37230

I was hoping that it would be out in French but instead what's come out in French is their second book - Le Tarot: Héritage des Cathares et de Marie-Madeleine. As you may guess, the book endeavours to explain the tarot card symbolism in the TdM trumps (but, sometimes, also courts and minors) from the standpoint of Cathars and Mary Magdalene.

On the back of the book, we read: "The Tarot is a spiritual legacy to perpetuate the memory of the Cathars and their connection with the feminine Deity, incarnate in Mary Magdalene." (my translation)

While there is not that much specific discussion of the particularities of the Rodes-Sanchez TdM, there are some tidbits here and there. However, that kind of specific discussion would be more in the first book.

There is a chapter for each of the trumps. For each card, there are photographs of art from cathedrals and pilgrimage sites in France and Spain that resemble imagery in the TdM cards.

jmd

Good to know about the release of this book in French!

As someone who has long argued for iconographic similarities on Romanesque and Lumiere Cathedrals and religious buildings and Atouts imagery, it is a book I will want to obtain in the near future - thankyou for making it known.