3 Sabian Symbol readings on offer (#2)

Elven

I'm not sure where to post this - I've moved it from Divination to here. Hope thats ok Mods!

Elven said:
Hi everyone, Hows it going?

I wondered if anyone uses or has heard of or uses the Sabian Symbols?

These are a set of oracle cards that were devised by Marc Edmund Jones an American Astologer and Elsie Wheeler an 'extraordinary' clairvoyant in 1925.
There's more history if anyone is interested but I can post that later if you like.

I have been using these cards for on 10 years in tarot readings although their original purpose coresponds with the houses and the degrees in astrology. I am certainly not an astrologist, I know my sun sign -thats about it. But what I did find with these cards are how accurate they can be when used in conjunction with a tarot spread. The message they relay may or may not correspond to interpret a card as we would in tarot, but they add a dimension to the card which is quite accurately amazing.

The lady who introduced me to these cards lives in Australia. Her name is Lynda Hill. She has lectured all over the world on the Sabian Symbols. When I met her she gave me a deck of cards she had made herself of the Symbols and a little book she had printed out. Now there is a new book '360 Degrees of Wisdom' by Lynda Hill (which I am picking up next week).

I took them home and started using them with my Tarot readings. I was amazed at their accuracey with myself and other clients always said that the cards added to their reading and gave them something to 'take home' with them to think about. Ive never done a ready without them being handy. They live in the same box as my cards, side by side!

They are very easy to use:
After choosing a blue card (astrological sign) and a red card (degree) you look up the meaning of the symbol in a book - there are 360 symbol meanings.

As an oracle, a number can be chosen also if you dont want to pull the cards, but I have prefered reading them in conjunction with a three card spread.

So I was wondering if anyone would like to add a Sabian Symbol reading to a three card weekly draw or a three card spread? I would like to see how you feel about what they have to say, and if you feel the interpretation can be intergrated?
What I will do is draw three sets of cards, each relating to one of the Tarot cards in your 3 card spread.
or
You can ask a specific question if you like.

I will do three peoples readings, if thats ok.
Any takers?

I would love some feedback, if thats ok, after they're done. Thankyou so much all.

Blessings
Elven x

Another three readings on offer but I wont be able to get to them for another day or so! If you can wait that long!(LOL). I am also using my new Gilded Tarot deck with them. (Theres a reading on Divination section if your interested to have a look)
I am going away for the weekend but just thought I'd post before I go! Line 'em up!!
Look forward to reading for you. Will Pm you and post them as soon as I'm back.

Blessings
Elven x

Skydancer

Hi Elven!!

Would you put me down for one, please? Seems quite interesting.

Thanks!! :)

S:OS

PS _ Perhaps a reading about how to deal with my Father-in-law's health/mental issues. He lives with us now and is driving us to distraction. THAT should be enough fuel for a reading!!!

StellaJane

That sounds interesting, Elven. I'd never heard of those before. I'll be #2 if you like. I don't have a specific question, but I could use a snapshot of the next few months, through the summer.

I'm looking forward to reading more!

zorya

Elven said:
I'm not sure where to post this - I've moved it from Divination to here. Hope thats ok Mods!

hi elven :) i'm never sure where to put the sabian oracle either, as using the cards is only one of the ways it can be used. it's a divination tool that would fit well in divination, astrology, oracle decks or books.

btw. aeclectic now has a review of the oracle, 360 degrees of wisdom;
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/books/360-degrees-of-wisdom/

enjoy! ;)

rainstarhorizon

Hi Elven! I'd love a reading too please!

I like the idea of combining the Tarot cards with the Astrological Influences reading. (I also feel the Gilded Deck is beautiful!) If you would go ahead and do the draw I'd be pleased to give you feedback. Someone told me that a long term Astrological Influence was finally passing out of my Chart and I am interested to see what differences might lie ahead for me....Thankyou!

katie_here

just saying hello!! to rainstarhorizon. Nice to see you back where you belong! Missed you on here!

katie

Elven

Hi Skydancer

Skydancer said:
Hi Elven!!

Would you put me down for one, please? Seems quite interesting.

Thanks!! :)

S:OS

PS _ Perhaps a reading about how to deal with my Father-in-law's health/mental issues. He lives with us now and is driving us to distraction. THAT should be enough fuel for a reading!!!

Hi Skydancer
I thought I'd post here, if thats OK.
It was quite a mixed reading - one of contrasts, mixed emotions and dual impressions of the situation, I hope I sorted it out a bit. I used The Gilded deck and a three card spread with a base card and took into consideration the dropped card as well. Heres how it came out.

****1****
**2***3**
***SS****
***BC****

p1 - Situation at present - Temperance
p2 - Present Obstacles - The Magician
p3 - Best future action - The Lovers
Base Card - The Hermit

Sabian Symbol - Virgo degree 1 - IN A PORTRAIT THE BEST OF A MAN'S FEATURES AND TRAITS ARE IDEALIZED....
You may need to remind yourself of the true features of the situation. The active features can be seen both as a whole and individually. Look for the best in a situation and avoid the more undesirable factors. Is this working, or are you missing the truth? Idealizing people or situations. If negative - not seeing pople for who they truely are.

My impressions: Cards 1,2,3, and base card.
Balance can be gained by give and take and this is necessary to be able to fulfil all the relevant tasks at hand and still keep up with responsibilities. As you put your attention in one direction it is easy not to see whats happening in the other. (I think your partner or a partner and family feature strongly here.) You may need to share this responsibility with another, which may have been intended, but plans which were discussed earlier may need to be heeded or if they are not working go back and review them. Call on the help which was first offered. I felt that people were offering solutions, but there needs to be a method of consistency and this is where I feel that a balance of the situation is necessary to calm things down. This also includes a sense of proportion. The way that things are being organised needs some attention. Prioritise maybe. You have all the ingredients for this to flow smoothly but which option will be the best. Making descions with what you have in your grasp and seeing the potential and benefits of the situation will help overcome any obstacles. Things are tricky but there is support and a plan to prop up any any choices that are made. It also indicated that choices need to be made to stop things going around in circles. Sharing the load. Stability.
The Lovers in this spread I see as a good draw. This is either because it is the choice between outcomes or potentials but I dont see there being any seperation of ideas. Love in an ingredient in this draw. Theres an longing for the/a union to work and there is a passionate belief that it can. There is a potential for intergration, but it shouldn't be at the expense of what truely bonds - which I see as Love. I feel this is a symbol of togetherness and overcoming obstacles and it maybe that there needs to be a commitment to this situation and those who are deeply involved within it. It will be emotional, but with rewards and gifts on a higher level. There is a depth of intimacy and closeness that needs to be investigated, acknowledged and shared. I also see a mother-figure. The emperess of the situation - being relied upon to make things better and work smoother. Creating the environment and overseeing its growth. You can moderate this situation and produce something from it. Bringing it back into balance so to speak.
The Hermit I think indicates that this situation has been one a long time coming, one which has taken some time to unfold. It may indicate the feelings of your FIL, or your journey(s) combined. You may feel that it has taken much out of you/ or all of you, and that the lesson has been a long one, but there seems much you can look back on (in reflection or hindsight) and refer to that has helped you grow and learn what you place is in it and what the situation has become. (also giving yourself recignition of who you have become). Are you not happy with the progress? Maybe not being so hard on yourself could help. Each person seems to be on their own path and you will all eventually meet on the same grounds if not at least in the same area or space. I think you have just come to your conclusion first before the others - you can help them by shining your light so that they can see that the road has an ending and there is a rest available at the end of all this, but only when the journey has finished.
Possibly your FIL needs a ressurection of sorts - hope, rediscovering lost paths, a belief, a future which is faceable, the company of others, creative persuits. He needs guidance and reassurance. You can give this when things are in balance and it is delivered with love and understanding and a guiding light. Your spirituality will support you and help you find answers and solutions. If you are not getting the answers you require, come forward and ask! Bringing things to the forfront, reveal what cant be seen, lack attention or have been forgotten. Speak your mind - others are listening to your new creative ways of managing and balancing the situation. Balance is in the ability for everyone involved to recieve benefit from this situation.

Well there it is. I hope you find it helps in some way. I had a bit of trouble with identifying any specific problems - it doesnt seem black and white. I hope it makes sense. I felt strongly that there is new energy about to deal with all this too.

The best of luck and
Many blessings
Elven x

Elven

Your reading ...

Hi Rainstarhorizon,
just finished your reading with the Symbols.
I chose to read two symbols which stood out, I was going to read just one but I couldn't help pick up the other one so I included it in the reading. I have also drawn2 Majors from my Gilded deck, one for each symbol.

This is how it went .....
Your question was ...
I like the idea of combining the Tarot cards with the Astrological Influences reading. (I also feel the Gilded Deck is beautiful!) If you would go ahead and do the draw I'd be pleased to give you feedback. Someone told me that a long term Astrological Influence was finally passing out of my Chart and I am interested to see what differences might lie ahead for me....Thankyou!

Sabian Symbol draw 1: A HOUSEBOAT PARTY
Corresponding Tarot: XIII Death

These cards indicate that the marked difference will be one of transformation completed, with a gentle encouragement to begin expanding your horizons and becoming who you want to be - especially in the presence of your peers, those you trust and also those you love. New friends and aquaintences are also around you in the coming times.
The Sabian Symbol says that: Although you are still in a situation of definite structure and form, you may find that it needs to be taken from the normal routine and given to unusual possibilities. Time for lightening up, relaxing and spending time with likeminded creative individuals. Emotive social pleasure.

What has restrained and constricted you has passed, but you can afford to look at life in a new light. Expanding your awareness with new ideas and talents. This lets you enjoy the benefits of sharing the recent past journey with others in a safe environment as well. Maybe you have put an extrodinary amount of time into redifing yourself and what you have previously known. Maybe you've experienced a complete change and are now willing to shelve the old ideas for good and put your best foot forward tepidly. There are new prospects to consider but you are in no rush at this time. You may seem more confident to approach a new chapter in your life - letting go of the old. Allowing yourself to relax, giving yourself permission to experience the life that you would prefer to lead instead of one which holds you back from enjoying yourself and feeling confident about who you are. Looking at things with a light heart and feeling comfortable in the new space around you. This leads me to the next symbol....

2nd Symbol: Sagitarius degree 7: CUPID KNOCKING AT THE DOOR OF A HUMAN HEART.
Coresponding Tarot: X Wheel of Fortune.
There lies an opportunity to move on and allow yourself the gift of warmth, generosity and love from another. The wheel refers to your fortune in this new stage of evolving and becoming complete. The ability to open up and recieve what you deserve. The symbol says: Cupid is asking to be let in. Barriers and defenses around your heart may be keeping him from getting in, but how long will you be able to resist? Opening your heart and opening the door will lead to new opportunities and realisations about relationships. Allow your heart chakra to open when you are in caring company. A respectful invitation to love. Fear of commitment.
It feels to me as if your apprehension could be holding you back where matters of the heart are concerned. This maybe from your past and the fear of what love might/can/will do if you lay yourself bare. You are more sensible now and wiser than before. You know what you're prepared to risk and what you expect to gain maybe? If you believe in love then love can conqueur all your fears as well. I suppose it depends on the company you keep (LOL), but this certainly looks promising. I feel there has been a time where you have not been open to letting your true self shine but I feel if you are in the presence of those like minded people someone is going to notice your a million watt beamer. Shine on!!! Recharge your batteries!!! You can proceed in your own space in your own time once you acknowledge your true inner feelings and give them the breadth they need to expand in your gentle loving light.

Your base card was Strength and this implies to me that you have overcome any obstacles or ideas of negativity you have held about yourself and your abilities. There is a new approach to yourself and you see yourself in this new context. The card yells 'much more self accepting and more confident' at me.(LOL)

I hope this has helped and its relevant to your situation. If theres anything that you dont understand or if I havent explored something deeply enough please PM me, or post the feed back here if you like.
Thankyou for letting me read for you!
Light and love
Elven x

Elven

Stellas post:
That sounds interesting, Elven. I'd never heard of those before. I'll be #2 if you like. I don't have a specific question, but I could use a snapshot of the next few months, through the summer.

I'm looking forward to reading more!

Hi StellaJane, Sorry the posting is out of order but the reading is done, and looks promising for the Summer.

Here it is.....

Sabian Symbol: Leo Degree 17
Tarot card Majors: The Wheel of Fortune flanked by the Sun and the Magician.
Your base card was Strength.
Your past card was the Hierophant and the Lovers.

Your Symbol says: THE LUMINESCENCE OF DAWN IN THE EASTERN SKY:
You may feel that there is finally a chance for a new begining. Things have been sacrificed and there may be a certain emptiness, but now you can see the light and move forward again. This is a transition time of letting go of operating in the dark. New ideas, new opportunities new realizations are emerging. Gradual realizations of opportunities. New cycles begining. If negative - being fearful and distrusting of new experiences or situations OR thinking 'everything will be OK tomorrow'.

In light of the other cards which support this Symbol and its meaning I felt that the cards reflected how you might approach this summer. The Hierophant sees you emerging from a path of learning which has given you a deep sense of self. This provides you with a springbord to move forward with. I also felt that a course of study(?) has taken up much of your time yet it has progressed on the right direction and now you see the benefits of this - and may be glad some of it is behind you. A stage completed. With the wheel of fortune there has been a sense of movement around you. I dont get this as a complete change, but moving forward or in parralell with what you have been doing. I see you trying to break old habbits and not do thiings exactly the same and have a few new experiences instead of being caught in the same boring rutt. You might clamp down on yourself and be a bit sterner - bring yourself into line with what you would like to achieve. The Sun and the Magician offer the new beginings and choices around you. Its like - you have all the ingredients to make things work now all you have to do is put them together for things to start the ball rolling. A time of descision making, but with a new frame of reference. The opportunity to think about new relationships or renewing energy into a relationship also look encouraging. A new phase of a relationship or the way you relate will emerge. I think the strength card relates to where you have been and how difficult it has been to manoevure yourself to this point. You may have had to be more disciplined - on a mind level - to release you from becoming stuck.
I think the next few months ahead are encouraging and you have been released in some way, which means that you can 'go for it' without hesitating. The Symbol encourages you to trust your instincts and enjoy the fruits available to you during this time. Enjoy today - look forward to tomorrow!!

Just to add, I also got the impression that there was one relationship which was passing, a new one emerging and a new direction or level with a job prospect in the offering. If it is it looks like a busy Summer, but one to enjoy!
I hope this is helpful - it looks positive to me. I'd love some feedback if thats ok. Post here if you like.
Thanks for allowing me to read for you, I really enjoy doing it.

Have a good long hot Summer ...
Blessings
Elven x

rainstarhorizon

Hi Elven, Thankyou

Someone told me that a long term Astrological Influence was finally passing out of my Chart and I am interested to see what differences might lie ahead for me....well the hairs stood up on the nape of my neck Elven because although I phrased this as a general reading question- these were the energies swirling around me that I couldn't quite put my finger on....and you have touched on main points or karmic nerves neatly and exactly!

Elven said:
Sabian Symbol draw 1: A HOUSEBOAT PARTY
Corresponding Tarot: XIII Death

These cards indicate that the marked difference will be one of transformation completed, with a gentle encouragement to begin expanding your horizons and becoming who you want to be - especially in the presence of your peers, those you trust and also those you love. New friends and aquaintences are also around you in the coming times.
The Sabian Symbol says that: Although you are still in a situation of definite structure and form, you may find that it needs to be taken from the normal routine and given to unusual possibilities. Time for lightening up, relaxing and spending time with likeminded creative individuals. Emotive social pleasure.

How apt and wonderful that the Death card came up!! For it to come up at this time and as a card that I see as a positive one with the ending of old cycles and the starting of the new. I can just feel the new energy crackling around me and hinting at settling into a pleasant norm sometime soon....after plugging away hard to try and break old cycles it is only just occuring to me that the new way I want things to be may actually be easier to attain and an "easier way to be".....I must admit that things got so dark that I was becoming pessimisstic. Now I am feeling a growing glow of optimism.

I have to say that I AM enjoying people around me and I HAD made a huge exploration of different people as friends and associates in different activities and couldn't quite get a threefold balance right. That of what I liked doing, who I liked being around and finally the mix of what I liked doing with whom. Its uncanny that you mentioned "Peers" Elven 'coz that was a big part of the journey I was on for a good 5years now...and its come to have a whole new resonance that word! When I feel really really good about the people I now know and am spending time with - it's like taking a deep breath of fresh air and going ah coz they are "peers" and all that feels good within that idea.

Elven said:
What has restrained and constricted you has passed, but you can afford to look at life in a new light. Expanding your awareness with new ideas and talents. This lets you enjoy the benefits of sharing the recent past journey with others in a safe environment as well. Maybe you have put an extrodinary amount of time into redifing yourself and what you have previously known..... You may seem more confident to approach a new chapter in your life - letting go of the old. Allowing yourself to relax, giving yourself permission to experience the life that you would prefer to lead instead of one which holds you back from enjoying yourself and feeling confident about who you are.......

Funny thing out of this is how I am more confident- in a really laid back fit fat n shiny way...very relaxed whereas I used to be a nervous nelly and venturing out of my shell often a gut wrenching ordeal....though apparently people said they couldn't see that- only those closest to me could. I really like the imagery of the Phoenix rising from the ashes or the enlightened Scorpio now- yep I'm a Scorp! It's been a heck of a midlife crisis ride and the Deathcard fits well now but gee Elven I also LOVE the idea of a houseboat party= bring it on- I'm ready!!!!

What sort of cards are these "SABIAN SYMBOLS" Elven? I'd be thrilled if you posted more on them, maybe a list of websites where they can be found would interest other ATF members as well. "A Houseboat Party" that does suggest the change from being a creature of habit and lightening up to see what social contact takes place, hmm I have been buzzing lately....

Elven said:
Looking at things with a light heart and feeling comfortable in the new space around you. This leads me to the next symbol....

2nd Symbol: Sagitarius degree 7: CUPID KNOCKING AT THE DOOR OF A HUMAN HEART.
Coresponding Tarot: X Wheel of Fortune.
There lies an opportunity to move on and allow yourself the gift of warmth, generosity and love from another. The wheel refers to your fortune in this new stage of evolving and becoming complete. The ability to open up and recieve what you deserve. The symbol says: Cupid is asking to be let in. Barriers and defenses around your heart may be keeping him from getting in, but how long will you be able to resist? Opening your heart and opening the door will lead to new opportunities and realisations about relationships. Allow your heart chakra to open when you are in caring company. A respectful invitation to love.

This gave me pause for thought. I was actually not loving my own life for a long time. I was extremely depressed even on days when I didn't have that at the forefront of my consciousness and I went thu a long dull patch of greys. I recently said to a friend of mine the breath of freefloating optimism and just that joy de vrie of being alive is floating back on a soft breeze. So I am obviously opening my heart Chakra to Love. I feel however that this is in a general way and with Loving Persons around me as an Archetypal set of energies and beings rather than one night in shiny armour sent by Cupid to whisk me off my feet. This is more like what you said here Elven:

Elven said:
I feel there has been a time where you have not been open to letting your true self shine but I feel if you are in the presence of those like minded people someone is going to notice your a million watt beamer. Shine on!!! Recharge your batteries!!! You can proceed in your own space in your own time once you acknowledge your true inner feelings and give them the breadth they need to expand in your gentle loving light.

You are on track with the
Elven said:
Fear of commitment.
For all my positivity towards and from people in general lately the direct handiwork of Cupid is embroidering some fancy knotwork in my life at the moment and I should probably make my next request for a reading on that and with a clearer picture of my questions in mind. So I shall meditate on that for a while. Elven I often see the Wheel of Fortune as suggesting a time when it is good to meditate, cleanse onesself and also perhaps do spellwork. I am not even ready to know more on this subject at this time. Maybe soon.

Elven said:
Your base card was Strength and this implies to me that you have overcome any obstacles or ideas of negativity you have held about yourself and your abilities. There is a new approach to yourself and you see yourself in this new context. The card yells 'much more self accepting and more confident' at me.(LOL)

Well there is quite a bit of a new approach to myself and my nearest and dearest have all seen it and/or remarked on it. But I really felt "As Above So Below" that it wasn't just my own luck/efforts/situation or work but that it was my Karma and I can really kinda feel things changing for the better...as I said an Astrological influence is also a good explanation of how n why n when.
I find it encouraging that the base card was Strength....as for a long time all I felt was struggle. I struggled with Study, gave up smoking, tried to find friends among hoards of people and tangled with Cupid's emissaries instead of Tango-ing with them...I was a busy girl but I wondered if there'd be leisure and pleasure after the sandstorms. So I've been being strong have I? Good to see it that way, thankyou for the positive perspective Elven.

Elven said:
I hope this has helped and its relevant to your situation.

Thankyou. My situation with asking for this reading was like if you saw something amazing and unbelievable in the sky whoosh past and you just wanted to turn to a friend for confirmation of like "Did you see that/ too? and "What was it?" I really really felt these energetic and strong changes around me. They REALLY ARE simply focused in the 2 KEY AREAS YOU READ ON- Elven and I am thrilled they are on a platform of strength and not just whim or indulgence or petty incident.

Your reading was extremely relevant and I thank you for your insight and advice. Please post some links on the Sabian Symbols if you can soon.
Blessed Be!