360 Degrees of Wisdom

Lynda

Mesopotamian roots

Fulgour, I agree with you entirely about the Mesopotamian roots being pure. I think, in fact, that what you said is very, very true and profound.

For my own story with the Sabian Symbols, I was incredibly drawn to go to Iraq in 1976, so much so, that I ended up losing my imminent marriage because of my focus on going. Although my father was an astrologer and an Edgar Cayce healer at the time, I had no idea that I would end up being an astrologer and that astrology came from that part of the world (Mesopotamia, which is now modern day Iraq). I had no conscious knowledge of the Sabian Symbols - that wouldn't come until some 14 years later.

I had an amazing time in the middle east, particularly Iraq and Jordan. Of the Iraqi people, I used to say that I had photographs of the people in my photo album and pictures of them in my heart. I said it several times (I was in my early twenties) and had no real idea why I said it - apart from the people there being wonderful, warm and welcoming.

For the last several years the picture for me has been emerging. The Sabian Symbols are said to have come through the clairvoyant Elsie Wheeler (in 1925) from the 'other side', from a Brother of the Sabian Alchemists... Sabianism was the original religion before all the other religions sprung up. It was based on astral magic - they studied the movements of the planets out to Saturn, and worshiped them, used talismanic magic and cast charts. They were the original Chaldean astrologers.

It breaks my heart what's currently happening in Iraq...

Greetings from DownUnder
Lynda
P.S. BTW, Jupiter during the time I was in Iraq in 1976 was on Taurus 5: The Widow at an Open Grave when I went on that trip in 1976. No wonder my marriage fell apart!

Fulgour

Thanks, Lynda.~ I think we share an admiration for the origins
of ancient astrology, that pure initial fountain of gratitude and
its driving force, the deep desire to provide a living receptacle,
and to safeguard, and perpetuate, the learning and knowledge.

lunakasha

This sounds very interesting....

I did go to the website for an online oracle reading, but did not find any pictures of the sabian symbols or the actual cards....am I missing something??? :eek: Please advise....maybe I was not looking in the right place??? Thanks!!! ;)

:) Luna

Lynda

Pictures of Sabian Symbols

Hi Lunakasha

The Sabian Symbols are word phrases - there are no pictures involved, except the ones that you get from reading the phrase. For instance: Taurus 4 is A Pot of Gold at the End of the Rainbow - your pot of gold and mine may not look the same, hence there are no illustrations... having said that, I do understand that people want pictures and I've been thinking of finding someone to illustrate them.

Cards come with the book - 30 blue cards for the degrees of the zodiac (1 to 30) and 12 red ones for the signs (Aries to Pisces). When you shuffle the 42 cards, you think of a question, pick a red and a blue card and look up the answer in the book. There are 360 possible answers.

Online you need do nothing except hit the Ask the Oracle button.

I do hope this answers your query.

As I said, the pictures are in your head and it's all quite subjective, in the end!

Greetings from DownUnder
Lynda
[link removed by moderator]

lunakasha

But....I like the pretty pictures....:( hehehe....oh well!

Thanks for the information, Lynda....I am definitely going to see if I can get my hands on this book/deck set and try it out for myself. I did get an online reading from your website and I really liked the way the outcome was written, your writing style and the fact that there is an openness that allows for individual/subjective interpretations to come through.

:) Luna

Red Emma

360 degrees of wisdom

Hey Linda!

On the website, I just asked a question about something that's had me worried for several weeks. The answer blew me away!

Going to buy your system just as soon as I can click on Amazon.

Lynda

Wow! I love this technology and the speed with which we can communicate.

The book, obviously, has enormously more information than is up on the website. The website Oracle is for guidance, but the book really nuts out what the 360 Symbols are about.

Thanks so much - I think my work is set to snowball - after 10 years of hard work!!

You've made my day :)

Greetings from DownUnder
Lynda

sunflowr

Lynda said:
Hi Lunakasha

The Sabian Symbols are word phrases - there are no pictures involved, except the ones that you get from reading the phrase. For instance: Taurus 4 is A Pot of Gold at the End of the Rainbow - your pot of gold and mine may not look the same, hence there are no illustrations...

As I said, the pictures are in your head and it's all quite subjective, in the end!

That's one of the things I love about this oracle. I seem to do better with words than I do pictures. I like reading the symbolism and letting an image form in my head instead of whatever the artist interprets it to be.

sunflowr

Petrified Relationship?

I asked a question of the oracle, about a new relationship. In fact SO new, I havent even MET this person yet. ;) Just some fantasy thing I'm hoping might be in the future (someone I would love to meet and work with someday).

I got Pisces 3 - "A Petrified Forest, an eternal record of a life lived long ago".

Hmm.. this can mean a few things, but not sure how to interpret this. I may have to ask again.

Well, does "petrified" mean this relationship will never go anywhere (is "petrified")? We don't have a past, unless it is referring to "past life"? OR, being that this person is a Pisces AND is a Pisces 3 (my answer), does that mean something?

ps: One thing that DOES ring true for me personally is: "is the past stopping you from growth or ARE WORRIES ABOUT AGE FREEZING YOU"?? (oh yea, that is definitely me!)

And just for the record, I am a Taurus 9-11. (april 29, 60') :)

Fulgour

Pisces 3 (#333)

sunflowr said:
I asked a question of the oracle, about a new relationship. In fact SO new, I havent even MET this person yet. ;) Just some fantasy thing I'm hoping might be in the future (someone I would love to meet and work with someday). I got Pisces 3 - "A Petrified Forest, an eternal record of a life lived long ago".
Is the situation facing you frozen in time without a clear understanding of how to proceed? Get out the "dead wood" from your life, whether it is clogging up your cupboards, relationships, emotional life, even the garden, etc. This can clear the way for new growth on many levels. You may need to retrieve, sort through, or go over the records of the past in some way. It may be time to look to things such as records, memories, art, literature, photographs, etc. Look to these histories or appreciate their value and relevance.

Remnants and stillness. Agelessness. Being able to withstand life's storms. Resilience.

The Caution: Rigidity, immobility, inflexibility. Holding onto things way past their use by date. Feeling stuck or frozen. Keeping tabs.