Madame Endora anyone?

Rhiamon

I recieved this in the mail today and the cards are just so magical...I love the art. Haven't done a reading yet, but the only oracle decks I have are the ones by Doreen Virtue, so I am so excited to learn these cards. How do you all like them?

Emeraldgirl

These are fantastic. I got my set about a month ago and I have found them to be really direct and open. They also go well with most tarot decks which is nice.

Rhiamon

oops...

sorry Mods..I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum :(

Trogon

Rhiamon, I'm looking forward to your impressions of this deck after you've had it for a while and done a reading or two. I've shied away from any of the oracle decks, sticking to Tarot decks so far. I've kind of felt that many of these oracle decks tend to be a little limited in their interpretations, and this one made me feel that way too, since the actual card interpretation is printed on the card. I realize that several Tarot decks have "key words" printed on them, but since they're only one, or two words, this doesn't seem to me to be as limiting.

But, the Madame Endora's Fortune Cards do have lovely art work and I am slightly drawn to them because of that. So, do please give us some further impressions when you can.

Chronata

Oh Trogon...give this one a chance!

I ignore the keywords completely...and settle into interpreting with my vast personal file of symbolism

There are wonderful threads about this one already if you search the index for Oracle Study Groups.

I like using it for public readings, readings for kids, and in tandem with other oracles.

Emily

The Madame Endora cards are my favourite oracle too - the artwork is so beautiful, it looks like an old deck, the cards just seem to come alive in your hands - I do like the keywords on them - they seem to give me a kick-start in adding my own interpretations.

I couldn't say which are my favourite cards, I like them all.

poivre

I'm not great with reading oracles but use
these cards sometimes for an extra
after a tarot reading. One works for me.

Love the colours! :)

Rhiamon

Trogon said:
Rhiamon, I'm looking forward to your impressions of this deck after you've had it for a while and done a reading or two. I've shied away from any of the oracle decks, sticking to Tarot decks so far. I've kind of felt that many of these oracle decks tend to be a little limited in their interpretations, and this one made me feel that way too, since the actual card interpretation is printed on the card. I realize that several Tarot decks have "key words" printed on them, but since they're only one, or two words, this doesn't seem to me to be as limiting.

But, the Madame Endora's Fortune Cards do have lovely art work and I am slightly drawn to them because of that. So, do please give us some further impressions when you can.
Trogon,
I will for sure let you know what I think of the cards after I have done a few readings ;)

Webwitch

I haven't had a chance to work with mine - yet. I loaned them to a friend, who is constantly seeing psychics/tarot readers/intuitives because I felt that if she was that concerned, she might as well read for herself.

I gave her the Madam Endora's because they seemed to be the easiest of all the oracles to learn.

Well, she came back after the weekend and said that every single reading she did was accurate and she loves them. So, I said she could keep them.

Now I am awaiting a replacement deck in the post. This time, I will test them out before giving them to anyone else.

Cheers,
Webwitch :)

ShekinahMoon

Rhiamon said:
I recieved this in the mail today and the cards are just so magical...I love the art. Haven't done a reading yet, but the only oracle decks I have are the ones by Doreen Virtue, so I am so excited to learn these cards. How do you all like them?

I ADORE my deck. I do a daily reading with them and the readings from this deck help me throughout my day very much.