5 of Cups - A Line (was) Drawn

LixiPixi

I don't see anything wrong with his foot. But then again, I don't see anything wrong with the boy's neck in the 6 of Cups either. I think it's just the lack of dimension in the old drawings. Without the proper shading techniques, it's hard to make certain things look just right. Ya'got me on the line and placement of the signature though.... Maybe she just felt like putting it up higher that day - sort of an uplifting thought to an otherwise "down" type of card?

LP~

BemusedJourney

I think she almost had to be giving us some symbolic meaning of the placing of the line and her signature. I think it has to do with moving past the grief and into a new phase of life or mourning. I also think that all the colors have some symbolism as well...just my thoughts!

Fulgour

January 2007

Hello :) BemusedJourney! Welcome to Aeclectic Tarot!

Rosanne

Stage cards interest me. The two cards that now appear as stage cards- the five and eight of cups look different to all the other stage cards in the deck; these look like they have been made into stage cards after some thought. A typical stage card is usually more refined as in the 2 Cups.
I have not decided if the Ace of Cups is a stage card- but I am trying to recognise why these cards in particular are stage cards...so Ace, 2, 5, 8, 10.
I have always thought them to be clear depictions of what to do or not to do by the non stage cards around them. I have thought another thought. Maybe they are supposed to be flags about which Major arcana would help understand them?
Ace=The Magician=What will you do?
Two= The High Priestess=what do you feel?
Five=The Heirophant=What have you learned?
Eight=Strength=What do you need?
Ten=The Wheel= What is the result?
Hmmm not sure, but what do you think? ~Rosanne