symbolon--MINORS

Ravenswing

this thread is for impressions of the 'minor' cards-- number 34 through 78 from the lwb.

so... what now??

LVX
steve

Cerulean

The deck came and my three card pull

90 Separation
It's near sunset and a woman is riding the bird of a long neck and large wings. A man below looks upward in wonder.
I am this long-necked bird, carrying enthuaism, young exhuberance and running into the sunset clouds. I am the childish woman with arms open upward in delight as the bird carries me. I am the one left behind, gazing upward with wonder and envy at this magical happening.

45 Deliverance
I set my passenger down and she becomes younger. I fly away as she finds an old egg for her to curl up in: the landscape is unfamilar, but the green and meadowed hills offer refreshment. One aspect of me is the young soul just emerging; one aspect of me is flying in a remembered, beautiful landscape and sky with a kind of joyful recognition. I am curious and also a bit flighty.

94 Phoenix
Part of me is rejoicing as this beautiful bird: I'm now growing wings and maturity. I'll be able to do some lovely pathworking with these cards: I can see aspects of old fairy tales, similar to wonderful tales such as "Land of the Firebird"

Near sunset half-light, the card details take a more luminous quality. I'm glad others talked and spoke of this deck here. I had been looking for something more mature than the Inner Child Cards and to augment my interesting Marseilles-based decks. This looks like it may eventually work with other oracles that I like.

Mari H

swinkelp

Link to individual MINOR card descriptions

I thought I'd start describing some of the symbolon cards based on Peter Orban's books. He wrote quite a lot of books, detailing his system of astrology that he uses in his therapy.

You should consider the symbolon deck as a blueprint of his complete therapeutic knowledge.

These descriptions are summaries of his books and sometimes thoughts of my own (will be indicated).

I just created threads for individual minor cards (in the Oracle Study Groups forum!), like it is done for other study groups. The index of these minors will be maintained here:

symbolon-MINORS-Aries/Capricorn-Prevention
symbolon-MINORS-Taurus/Virgo-Clinging
symbolon-MINORS-Taurus/Pisces-The Garden of Spirits
symbolon-MINORS-Gemini/Virgo-The Strategist

Patrick