7 of swords - smart planning?

moodclad

I recently got 7 of swords as the future card for my relationship. I wasn't too surprised as it has come up more regularly than I'd like in thus relationship. But my reader read it as a difficult pulling away from the relationship. I don't think I've heard it that way before.
I was also wondering - as I'm actively pursuing something ... I'm wondering if it can be strategic planning?

Are there positive interpretation for this card?
For me it's usually the lying, sneaking card.
Thanks

winter garden

I've certainly seen reference to it here in the forum as being strategic, and finding an alternative approach to overcoming a problem. For me personally it often comes up as the lone wolf card, and even as a sort of self deceit rather deceit on the part of the other party. Sorry, to clarify, when I mean self deceit, I mean that it could be that I'm not facing up to something - good, or bad.

dailytarot

The good side is that you know before it happen. Someone will be selfish and to try to do what he/she wants just because he/she can do it. No one can catch him/her, so he/she will do what he/she will do. The relationship is just one of the useful sides of life. This person don't open his/her heart so easilly.

Keep your eyes open and be previdente.

So your "making plans" is a good interpretation.

Teheuti

I recently got 7 of swords as the future card for my relationship. I wasn't too surprised as it has come up more regularly than I'd like in thus relationship. But my reader read it as a difficult pulling away from the relationship. I don't think I've heard it that way before.
I was also wondering - as I'm actively pursuing something ... I'm wondering if it can be strategic planning?

Are there positive interpretation for this card?
For me it's usually the lying, sneaking card.
Yes, the 7 of Swords can mean strategic planning and it can mean lying and sneaking around. If your reader had said "sneaking away from the relationship" then you may have gotten her point. Or it could represent you or your partner bringing things to one another, despite a difficult environment.

Your reader is hopefully looking at this card in relation to the other cards in the spread and the question itself. It's difficult to 'second-guess' another reader, although that reader may later prove to not be accurate regarding things that can be verified. Unil then it is difficult to know.

knight_sephiroth

Yes, it frequently appears for myself and for others as a card signifying strategy, strategic planning and concentrated progression. The guidebook for one of my favorite decks, the Tarot of the Sephiroth, describes this card as focused awareness and mental control, and I've always liked that aspect of it. These are actually the first meanings that tend to jump out at me when I read.

Even when the card refers to cheating in some relationship readings, cheating itself is actually also about strategic behavior.

Tiggy-cat

Even when the card refers to cheating in some relationship readings, cheating itself is actually also about strategic behavior.

Ouch! I had never thought of it that way, but you make a very good point. I guess a lot of strategy could be required to cheat without various partners finding out about it.

tarot_quest

Sure! Are you saying that you are pursuing something inside your relationship? If yes, the 7 of swords could say go for it with strategy and think about yourself first.

If you are actively pursuing something in another area than love, I don't think that the card she pulled might answer this question, if you asked specifically about your relationship.

I recently got the 7 of swords as an advice in love. I am assuming that it means think about yourself first in your decisions and think about your own needs first. It's not that much a question of being ''selfish'' here, but knowing that your needs are as important as the other person ;)

knight_sephiroth

I recently got the 7 of swords as an advice in love. I am assuming that it means think about yourself first in your decisions and think about your own needs first. It's not that much a question of being ''selfish'' here, but knowing that your needs are as important as the other person ;)

Oh yeah! Absolutely. I've seen it come up for a "think of yourself first for a change" kind of message in more than one relationship reading where the sitter was the one who was being walked upon, or taken advantage of by their partner. It can be a strong and liberating message in this sense. It's okay to think about yourself and your own needs once in a while.

Emma313

I hate this card in relationships, its not good news however much people want to sugar coat it..its called dishonesty and deceipt in my book and you DONT want that in ANY relationship

Teheuti

I hate this card in relationships, its not good news however much people want to sugar coat it..its called dishonesty and deceipt in my book and you DONT want that in ANY relationship
So what do you say when this card comes up in a position describing the ideal of the relationship, or what must be done to heal the relationship? Is it an automatic nay-sayer suggesting there is no hope for the relationship?