An interesting deck

palestrina

If somebody have this one...
If you know something about it...
A really good deck... : 1994

Le tarot peint commenté et relié aux astres (french, of course)...
...Doumée Durieux

Attachments

• Moon.jpg
    Moon.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 487
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 374

Citrine

Sorry, I don't recognize that one.

Adam McLean

Are these paintings or an actual deck ?

palestrina

It is an hand made deck and a book. I don't know if there is more than one deck. The book is printed (500 ex) in June 1994. The deck come in a box made in wood and painted in green... the deck also have a green atmosphere. What I think ? Perhaps it is done with cards cut of the book. These cards are glued on thick paper, with a touch of hand painted gold. The backs are green and gold. The cards are hand laminated. I am not able to find who is the creator of this deck... Durieux is a very common name in France... and 1994 is 12 years ago... Too bad.

Adam McLean

Do you have a copy or know someone with a copy ?

Where did you get the scans from ?

It would be nice to get more scans.

gregory

It looks oddly familiar, but I can't quite place it; maybe I saw one like it in the card museum in Issy....

Could you scan death, please ? (that would be the card I would most likely recognise !)

palestrina

I have the book and the deck... Some pics from the book : without gold the scans are better. I love this "naive" (have you seen how she draw the clouds) artwork and my first thinking was : I want to publish this!
but where is the creator?

I have not seen it in the Issy museum (Issy is more intellectual) I have seen some historical decks (not more and with some errors) and the Frollet and a wonderfull deck about Gerard de Nerval (or I have forgotten - Alzheimer perhaps).

V!

Attachments

• Bateleur.jpg
    Bateleur.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 212
  • Papesse.jpg
    Papesse.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 204
  • XIII.jpg
    XIII.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 247

gregory

I was lucky - when I last went to Issy there was a special exhibit of art decks from the 20th century. :D

LOVELY death - thanks. :TDEAT Now I will look through what I have and all my books and............ :D

Adam McLean

Palestrina,

Do the cards have the titles printed on them
or are these only in the printed book illustrations ?

Can you show us an examples of a card and its corresponding illustration in the book ?

gregory

Do they all have the borders ? The first two you posted don't.....