Weight loss and tarot

BLFO

Which card would show that someone is loosing weight? I did get a 5 Pentacles after asking what would happen if I choose a vegan lifestyle in efforts of losing weight. I wasn't sure if the 5P meant that I would loose aspects of my health, meaning I will loose the weight. Or if it was telling me that it would make me sick with no weightloss at all.

In your opinion, for those who would like to use tarot to help give guidance for weightloss, what cards would signify that?

Free Flight

I see the 10 wands to do with weight quite a lot. The 10 wands rx meaning losing weight and the upright signifying holding some extra weight

I think the 5 pentacles does fit too, it is about loss on a physical level so yes. I don't think this card alone would indicate bad health. It would need supporting cards in a one card spread for 'would I lose weight if I started a vegan diet' getting the 5 pentacles to me, would definitely mean yes

cherryberry

I had the 2 swords once, actually representing weight loss :) I did a small card reading and noticed - for the first time instantly- the belt around the womans waist, which is far too big for her ;) (It was with the Sharman-Caselli deck)

Kahlie

Well, maybe you could try to do a goal type of Reading, with Temperance as the goal... after all, I think you are looking for a balance within yourself? See what steps you can take to get that desired balance.

Or is this a wacky idea?

As for weight loss cards... uhm... I agree with the already mentioned Cards, and I guess maybe Lust (only in the Thoth Deck) and maybe some of the Sword Cards, if the weight loss isn't desired?

Kahlie

tabi

Admittedly I have never asked on this so I wouldn't know which one would mean weight lose. However I do believe that the 5P is physical and mental unhealthiness. I have had it come up several times when someone was having some problems with their health. It was all minor but that is why I link it.

lark

Just for fun I asked my cards what card represents weight loss and I pulled 5 of Swords...pretty good match I thought.
If you really think about it, it is about losing and gaining...losing the weight and gaining good health.

cherryberry

:laugh: Lark :laugh:

good idea and spot on I think - the cards, they sometimes crack me up :D

Robin Fariel

The Magician, more energy available cultivating oneself. Taking charge of ones evironment.

The Lovers, discrimination in food choice.

The Hermit, especially as it pertains to digestion and health.

The Tower, as it indicates an awakening from poor eating habits/exercise regime.

The Star, the energy flowing more freely.

7 Pentacles, as cultivating oneself with stasis at the present (for women especially it can take a lot of time to lose weight)

9 Pentacles, as working on oneself

lark

cherryberry said:
:laugh: Lark :laugh:

good idea and spot on I think - the cards, they sometimes crack me up :D
I know me too...just ask and they straight out tell you, hey.
Now everytime I pull the 5 of Swords I'll probably see those two sad guys way off in the distance as little bundles of unwanted FAT...:D

sweet_intuition

From personal experience,

Temperance and Strength fits weight loss. I used to meditate with these cards to help me with my weight loss