9 of Pents as Romantic Feelings

Empath111

I have no idea what this could represent - but I get it all the time....could it mean that there are no romantic feelings - just better off on one's own? Or that the feelings are being prevented - using self control to prevent them?

starrystarrynight

It could mean that a measure of self-sufficiency (health-wise, financial-wise or even self-love-wise--on one side or the other) needs to be acquired before a stable romantic partnership with another can be broached.

Thirteen

starrystarrynight said:
It could mean that a measure of self-sufficiency (health-wise, financial-wise or even self-love-wise--on one side or the other) needs to be acquired before a stable romantic partnership with another can be broached.
Oh. Nice call!

Empath, is the card for YOUR romantic feelings for another, or THEIR romantic feeling for you?

Apocalipstick

It could also mean that instead of the more unrealistic, rose-tinted emotions that sometimes make romance a bit ephemeral, the feelings are more grounded.

Rather than opt for candlelight and sweet-nothings, the person whose feelings this card represent may woo with material achievements. Think stock options instead of roses.

Yes, that's a showy example, but I couldn't think of a more practical one.

3crows

pentacles for feelings

Funny, I just got the 10 of pentacles for a question dealing with one person's affection toward another. I took it to mean content and grounded in one's feelings, secure. Could that apply to the Nine as well?

Empath111

Thirteen said:
Oh. Nice call!

Empath, is the card for YOUR romantic feelings for another, or THEIR romantic feeling for you?

Hi Thirteen...
THEIR romantic feelings for me:)

Grizabella

Sometimes when I see the 9 of Pentacles in RWS or UW, it reminds me of a kept woman, very independent but in a different sort of way. In one respect, quite dependent on her benefactor for her living, but in another, being left to her own devices a lot so she's got time for her falconry and whatever other pastimes she chooses.

Or a madame.

Of course, I also read many, many other more common meanings, but those two have occurred to me also.

Came back to say that by no means, Empath, am I insinuating you are or would want to be a kept woman. I hope it didn't sound like that.

Empath111

starrystarrynight said:

That may make lots of sense! He is currently in a new business that is being funded by another person:)

AND I am coming back from a long haul/injury:)

Empath111

Apocalipstick said:
It could also mean that instead of the more unrealistic, rose-tinted emotions that sometimes make romance a bit ephemeral, the feelings are more grounded.

Rather than opt for candlelight and sweet-nothings, the person whose feelings this card represent may woo with material achievements. Think stock options instead of roses.

Yes, that's a showy example, but I couldn't think of a more practical one.

That makes sense too...
I've often interpreted other spreads to show he is impressed with my ability to learn a new field (8 of pents) and with my ability to get back on my feet and overcome an obstacle....I always sense he is impressed with a business-minded woman.....

Empath111

3crows said:
Funny, I just got the 10 of pentacles for a question dealing with one person's affection toward another. I took it to mean content and grounded in one's feelings, secure. Could that apply to the Nine as well?

oooo...I hope so;)