78 Weeks of Study: General Discussion

DaisyDragonfly

*creeps in from IDS thread*

Is it okay if I hop on the 78 Weeks of Study train? I'm sadly lacking in discipline at the moment and this would help me sort myself out! Plus, the Hierophant is next: a card I definitely need to get to grips with :)

zan_chan

come on in! the water's fine and the sharks have already eaten :)

DaisyDragonfly

*rolls up sleeves*

Excellent. Ready to bip any would-be sharks on the nose.

They're small sharks, right? Like, goldfish?

:bugeyed:

;)

Wendywu

Nah - they're the creepy Jaws music type sharks ..... and we eat them for breakfast :D

Hiya Daisy - I've written your f/b and am about to go and type...... honest I am :grin:

78 week study is a great way to really get to know cards that might have been a little elusive, or to find new angles and blurb burble blurb -

Welcome :D :party:

Onyx

I am still running way behind on this study. I have done a little bit this week but nothing like I wanted to do. The PDR thread is taking up a lot of my Tarot time. I figure that it will slow down now that the year is under way.

But as if it confirm I didn't give her much time last week the Empress showed up today in my daily reading!

Allan

DaisyDragonfly

Wendywu said:
Nah - they're the creepy Jaws music type sharks ..... and we eat them for breakfast :D

Hiya Daisy - I've written your f/b and am about to go and type...... honest I am :grin:

78 week study is a great way to really get to know cards that might have been a little elusive, or to find new angles and blurb burble blurb -

Welcome :D :party:

:D I knew tarot was good for a lot of stuff: but not for developing shark fighting skills. It's all good: I need to bulk up my CV :)

As far as I'm concerned, 78 week study is a good way to make sure I actually, you know, study...that thing I'm supposed to do, but then don't. How can I, when there are so many other things to do? Like, er, you know... *small voice* watch TV and play games on my phone... ahem...fighting sharks is a much better use of my time :p

emmsma

I agree completely, Daisy. The 78 week study is the only way I've been able to do any "real" work for my IDS. Sure I stopped the deck bouncing and that helps in and of itself, for me, in coming to terms with One Set of images.

It wasn't til I started here, though, that I began to read up on each card and spend time on each one individually. Its really allowing me to get closer.

Even this week, when I have yet to crack a book. Just looking at my Emperor daily, thinking about him, and following the discussions here, has allowed him to become much more real to me than ever before.

So, welcome aboard, Daisy!

yirabeth

I agree, this 78 Weeks is really an integral part of my IDS. I think I did so much better this week than last week, in terms of really *seeing* my card...I wonder, in 76 more weeks, just how much better I'll be doing!

I'm loving this study :)

~Yira

Wendywu

Yay - Anvil done!! Not an easy card - well, not until I got into it. Now - I have enormous admiration for his courage and tenacity. And I am in awe of his commitment and strength.

So I guess I got something from this week's study :)

DaisyDragonfly

emmsma said:
I agree completely, Daisy. The 78 week study is the only way I've been able to do any "real" work for my IDS. Sure I stopped the deck bouncing and that helps in and of itself, for me, in coming to terms with One Set of images.

It wasn't til I started here, though, that I began to read up on each card and spend time on each one individually. Its really allowing me to get closer.

Even this week, when I have yet to crack a book. Just looking at my Emperor daily, thinking about him, and following the discussions here, has allowed him to become much more real to me than ever before.

So, welcome aboard, Daisy!

Thanks Emmsma :) I'm hoping for the same effect.

'Deck bouncing' : awesome phrase! Sounds like the one Olympic sport I'd be pretty good at! Has to be said, what with that and shark-fighting, tarot studying is far more energetic than I thought it'd be :D